Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WWE Summerslam PPV coverage
ComfortEagle Wrote:That match was crazy. Orton got DQ'd then Vince says to restart. Orton gets counted out, then Vince says to restart. Then Orton pins Cena by putting his legs on the rope and another ref comes out and says to restart. Cena had Orton in the STF and looked as if he was about to win, then a fan interfered and tackled the ref. I think this was real crowd interference because the security guards around the ring immediately got involved. The match restarted and Orton hit a neckbreaker on Cena on the ropes. Match over. Orton retains.

Definitely plenty of swerves
This will be an awesome TLC match between Punk and Jeff Hardy. I foresee Matt coming in and interefering
I think Punk wins tonight.
Hardy hits a swanton off of the tallest ladder I've ever seen. He falls onto Punk who is on the Spanish announce table below. The table breaks and the ref. immediately calls for the medics. They put Jeff on a stretcher, but Punk is going for the belt. Jeff fights to get off the stretcher and Punk and Hardy climb to the top of the ladder. Here they trade blows.

Punk finally knocks Jeff off the ladder and he goes crashing to the mat below. Punk gets the belt and is the new champion.

After the match, Punk is taunting Jeff Hardy, who is still laying on the mat. He is holding the belt in his face, when a gong hits and the lights go out. The lights come back on and Jeff Hardy has dissapeared...instead, The Undertaker is laying where Jeff once was. UT chokeslams Punk, his music hits, lights go dark.
So the Deadman is back!

Sounds like the fan intereference my have been Kurt Henning's son.
Stardust Wrote:So the Deadman is back!

Sounds like the fan intereference my have been Kurt Henning's son.

Really!?

If that's the case, then I have to tip my hat to the WWE for making it look realistic. It looked like unplanned, honest, fan-interference. The announcers didn't know what to say, the wrestlers looked puzzled, and the ref wasn't sure how to restart the match.

I could tell that Hardy's "injury" was kayfabe when the ref's didn't throw up the notorious "X" symbol, but I think even the fans in attendance bought the fan-interference as real.
Here's a video of the fan interference. From what I've been reading, now it appears the fan interference may have been by Brett DiBiase, Ted's brother. This DiBiase offspring has been working in WWE developmental since early 2009.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMQXtyJA5NI"]YouTube - Crazy Fan Attacks The Referee At WWE Summerslam 09 - HD - BEST ANGLE![/ame]
Here's video of the Undertaker's return. Fast forward to around the 4 minute 3 second mark of the video and watch how he enters the ring.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akANsmMMg-w"]YouTube - WWE Summerslam 2009 Jeff Hardy vs Cm Punk 3/3 (Undertaker returns!!)[/ame]
On the fan interference, they do do an incredible job of spoofing the crowd if it was indeed a work. After watching the highlight again, I have to lean to wards work. The second Ref hit the ring almost immediately. There is generally not a second ref available that quick.