Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Pitino To Hold News Confrence at 3 PM.
Ricky P has called for a news confrence today at 3 PM today. Anyone heard or read what it will be about?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I'm guessing it will be a public apology.
What was the press confrence he held earlier about then? Most of the time when these things just pop up means bad news. Wounder if he maybe resigning?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I lost a considerable ammount of respect for Pitino for doing this. In essence Pitino just basically threw a temper tantrum to say "Leave me alone! Stop picking on me!"

Some of the national media will have a field day with this...Forde will probably proclaim it to be worthy of being included in the New Testament OTOH.
He's asking the school bully to leave him alone.
My son said he heard that when Pitino comes to Rupp, that if any person is booing him or the student body is doing things to imitate what he's done Calapari will walk off the floor and not coach the game. If that is true, he hasn't grasped the rivalrey between these two schools and the crap we've took from they're student body so he might as well go ahead and tell one of his assistants to get ready to coach the game. If they're not willing I'm sure Holmes coach, or Shelby Valley or another coach will be happy to take over for him!!!!!! :boosign: PITINO!!!!
mrsportsfan Wrote:My son said he heard that when Pitino comes to Rupp, that if any person is booing him or the student body is doing things to imitate what he's done Calapari will walk off the floor and not coach the game. If that is true, he hasn't grasped the rivalrey between these two schools and the crap we've took from they're student body so he might as well go ahead and tell one of his assistants to get ready to coach the game. If they're not willing I'm sure Holmes coach, or Shelby Valley or another coach will be happy to take over for him!!!!!! :boosign: PITINO!!!!

I also don't like that he said this. He did this once at UMASS and it was just stupid. This is one of the biggest rivalry games in college sports and you're going to tell the fans not to say a word when the opposing coach is involved in a huge scandal? If something happens and he walks off the floor I will lose any respect I had for him.
UK fans have no reason to boo or heckle Pitino.......

Because after today the appropriate response when he is introduced is for every single fan to point and laugh hysterically at him.
Can someone please shed some light on what he had to say?
EOE Wrote:Can someone please shed some light on what he had to say?

- Everything being said about him is lies, except for everything he has said.
- The truth will come out.
- Attacked the media for talking about him and airing her allegations
- Said they should stop covering him and focus on the economy and mentioned Ted Kennedy's death
-Dared the media to do some investigative research on him.
- People had told him not to talk about the case but he couldnt hold it any longer

He honestly went too far and made himself look like a fool.. the story had died down and then he clearly puts himself back into the negative spotlight.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:- Everything being said about him is lies, except for everything he has said.
- The truth will come out.
- Attacked the media for talking about him and airing her allegations
- Said they should stop covering him and focus on the economy and mentioned Ted Kennedy's death
-Dared the media to do some investigative research on him.
- People had told him not to talk about the case but he couldnt hold it any longer

He honestly went too far and made himself look like a fool.. the story had died down and then he clearly puts himself back into the negative spotlight.

I agree. Pitino is looking more and more pathetic. Here is a quote, "We need to get on with the important things in life like the economy and really some crucial things in life like basketball." Are u kidding me. It seems that basketball and booty are the most important things to Rick. I would almost bet that if he makes it through this season, and that is getting to be a bigger if day by day, it will be his last.
I personally agree...lol...enough is enough....when this thing goes to trial we will see who is in jail...
He was mad because this morning the police released audio phone calls between him and Karen Cyphers and, maybe it was their local Fox affiliate, but one of the Fox network's aired it and he got really upset, and basically told them to find something important to report on except the lies that they were telling.
bucslover68 Wrote:I agree. Pitino is looking more and more pathetic. Here is a quote, "We need to get on with the important things in life like the economy and really some crucial things in life like basketball." Are u kidding me. It seems that basketball and booty are the most important things to Rick. I would almost bet that if he makes it through this season, and that is getting to be a bigger if day by day, it will be his last.

My sentiments exactly
the facts are already out...You admitted to it so stop saying its a lie...You made a mistake a big one at that so stop denying it...BCG did alot of wrong things but you never saw the man once break red on the media nor deny anything he did...Granted he did run from the media hahahahahaha...Also with that said its mind bobling when TheVille gets on here and says move on granted if it was Cal in this situation he would be having a field day...
theVILLE Wrote:I personally agree...lol...enough is enough....when this thing goes to trial we will see who is in jail...

no one will go to jail...it will go to trial then after a while they will agree on a settlement which would be in the best interest of Pitino
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:no one will go to jail...it will go to trial then after a while they will agree on a settlement which would be in the best interest of Pitino

Agreed, I think it get's settled before it ever gets to court
Porkin in Porcini's leads to Pitino aborted bambino.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I lost a considerable ammount of respect for Pitino for doing this. In essence Pitino just basically threw a temper tantrum to say "Leave me alone! Stop picking on me!"

Some of the national media will have a field day with this...Forde will probably proclaim it to be worthy of being included in the New Testament OTOH.

You couldn't be more on target. He sounded like someone wanting to throw their weight around and pretty much said that only what he says should be reported and heard. I am far from saying that the woman involved in this is in the right, but the more she is heard the better it probably is for Pitino. The more she comes off as a psycho the easier the court case will probably go for him.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:the facts are already out...You admitted to it so stop saying its a lie...You made a mistake a big one at that so stop denying it...BCG did alot of wrong things but you never saw the man once break red on the media nor deny anything he did...Granted he did run from the media hahahahahaha...Also with that said its mind bobling when TheVille gets on here and says move on granted if it was Cal in this situation he would be having a field day...

He was rude to the announcer wasnt he....also in the conference he said everything he said was true and she was lying
theVILLE Wrote:He was rude to the announcer wasnt he....also in the conference he said everything he said was true and she was lying

Actually.. he said everything we had heard was A LIE EXCEPT for what he said. Give me a break.. he admitted to police and then came out saying he payed for insurance... that instance alone proved that he has lied once.

BTW, it is worth mentioning that Sypher is flat out psycho and nuttier than a fruitcake.
Man what a great reality show. THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF LOSERS.....HOW ORIGINAL.....Lock Pitino, Gillespie and Sypher into a house and see which one can drink the other one under the table and have Jeanine Edwards commentate the action. You could bring in some pro wrestlers and a bunch of mob bosses and thoroughbred horses and little short people and Joe Kinzer. Vick can quarterback both ways and Stallworth and T.O. and and Chris Henry can join in and Ochicinco can kick for both teams.......Am i making any sense?.......NO........Just like this crazy mess that these people have created for themselves.
bucslover68 Wrote:Man what a great reality show. THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF LOSERS.....HOW ORIGINAL.....Lock Pitino, Gillespie and Sypher into a house and see which one can drink the other one under the table and have Jeanine Edwards commentate the action. You could bring in some pro wrestlers and a bunch of mob bosses and thoroughbred horses and little short people and Joe Kinzer. Vick can quarterback both ways and Stallworth and T.O. and and Chris Henry can join in and Ochicinco can kick for both teams.......Am i making any sense?.......NO........Just like this crazy mess that these people have created for themselves.

Actually, that sounds like a great idea!
bucslover68 Wrote:Man what a great reality show. THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF LOSERS.....HOW ORIGINAL.....Lock Pitino, Gillespie and Sypher into a house and see which one can drink the other one under the table and have Jeanine Edwards commentate the action. You could bring in some pro wrestlers and a bunch of mob bosses and thoroughbred horses and little short people and Joe Kinzer. Vick can quarterback both ways and Stallworth and T.O. and and Chris Henry can join in and Ochicinco can kick for both teams.......Am i making any sense?.......NO........Just like this crazy mess that these people have created for themselves.

You need to throw in Former UK Coach Eddie Sutton as well.

Don't even need everything else.. just stick Sutton, Pitino, and Gillespie into a bar.. lock the doors.. and roll the camera.

Epsiode 1- Introduce a young co-ed and see who can pick her up
Epsidoe 2- Introduce a psycho cougar and see who can take her to the "kitchen counter"
Episode 3- Introduce a 5 Star recruit and let them see who can be the first to sign him by any means necessary
Episode 4- Introduce an Ad Exec and see who can get the most face time
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You need to throw in Former UK Coach Eddie Sutton as well.

Don't even need everything else.. just stick Sutton, Pitino, and Gillespie into a bar.. lock the doors.. and roll the camera.

Epsidoe 2- Introduce a psycho cougar and see who can take her to the "kitchen counter"
Episode 3- Introduce a 5 Star recruit and let them see who can be the first to sign him by any means necessary

Wouldnt u need Coach Cal for that to? J/K LOL

LOve coach cal Smile
Maybe Tubby Smith could teach them a class about ethics.

Well as far as the drinking goes..all coaches could be there too
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You need to throw in Former UK Coach Eddie Sutton as well.

What makes you think Coach Cal won't take a drink?