Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women Drivers in NASCAR
Has there ever been a woman driver in NASCAR, if so, who? If not, why the hell not? Male dominated sport, of course, but are their any rules against woman drivers? or anything?
Yes there has. There has actually been like 3. One is a regular on the Busch Series if I'm not mistaken. Can't remember her name though.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Yes there has. There has actually been like 3. One is a regular on the Busch Series if I'm not mistaken. Can't remember her name though.
I think that I know who you are talking about
I didn't know there were women drivers. Thats cool!
Yeah....they usually don't do too well....something to do with the old saying...women can't drive Big Grin
Yea there has been some but they dont last long................ b/c they can't drive!
I think her name was sandra robinson or something like that if I remember correctly. Raced several races a few years ago on the then Winston Cup.
"Beef" Wrote:Yeah....they usually don't do too well....something to do with the old saying...women can't drive Big Grin

:lol:
"CatDawg" Wrote:I think her name was sandra robinson or something like that if I remember correctly. Raced several races a few years ago on the then Winston Cup.

Her name was actually Shawna Robinson, and i think there was a woman driver in the late 80's. I dont remember her name though.
Thanks Junior I didn't think that was correct but I knew I was in the ball park.
The one in the late 80's was Patty Moise(sp).
Yeah I know the ones you are talking about. They actually have the weight / HP ratio advantage if you think about it. Most women weigh less than men.
I hadn't thought of it that one SC. Makes sense.
shawna Robinson drove two at the beginning of the 04 season, Patty Moise drove some but is also the only women to win a busch race. her husband was I think elton sawyer .
The most likely to race in the nig series right now is Tina Gordan (no relation) drove half the truck series and half the busch series this year with one top 15 finish in the busch series and was 9th in the truck standing when she switched to the busch to finish the year.
Women can't drive on the highway why put them on a speedway. Nextel would need to make some change, first allow a bathroom break evey 75 miles and then put mirrors inside the cars so they can fix their make up. But seriously there have been a few do okay for the short history of women drivers. Look to see more in the near future as the sport continues to grow. Good luck to the ladies.
Kim Crosby has got a full time ride for the 2005 busch series but get this her sponsor is buttwax
sorry ladies, but race car driving is a mans sport, no offence to you girls
hey now...yea theres some things that guys are just better at but i dont see why girls couldnt be good at race car drivin...
i mean who knows? one of these days a girl might win...
That's right!!!...Jeff Gordon won didn't she???