Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do-Over Rule' For Cowboys' Video Board
Do-Over Rule' For Cowboys' Video Board

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has made a decision on what happens if — or really, when — a game ball hits the video board at Cowboys Stadium.
A source tells Mike Florio, editor of ProFootballTalk.com and a Sporting News contributor, that the board will not be raised and provides more details on the ruling:
A ball strikes the video board, the play will be dead at that point and the down will be replayed from the previous spot.
If the officials on the field don't notice the ball striking the video board, the replay assistant will be empowered to trigger a replay review — even if the incident occurs outside the final two minutes of each half, the normal time period during which the replay assistant has the power to call upon the referee to assume the position at the portable replay booth.
And if the replay official doesn't believe the ball struck the video board but the head coach of either team thinks otherwise, a red-flag challenge will be available

This is stupid, and can totally change the outcome of a game, MAke them move the thing,
I don't agree with this rule at all. f they were going to put that much money into this Video Board. They should have put it in an appropriate spot.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I agree with the rule, but I think someone with the Cowboys organization should have actually put some thought into this first.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stupid ruling. This isn't baseball where you have ground rules your stadium. They should make the egomaniac move the scoreboard to where it won't interfere with the game. Because of the poor placement of the scoreboard we get to see Jones' face even more. I hope this comes back and backfires on him.
Why should the Cowboy's have to move the video board? If the NFL rule is that no structure can hang within 85' of the playing field, then the 90' that the video board hangs is above the required minimum. It's a rule, the Cowboy's designed the layout within the rules, it's fine as is. There were 14 other punts in the game that didn't hit it....
Good point Stardust!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
very good points SD...However, I think this Do Over rule so to speak will only last this one season and then the Cowboys will be forced to raise it...Also IMO the league should be the ones to pay for it considering they are with in regulations...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:very good points SD...However, I think this Do Over rule so to speak will only last this one season and then the Cowboys will be forced to raise it...Also IMO the league should be the ones to pay for it considering they are with in regulations...

Great point :Thumbs:
Yes the NFL should move the board,
Sadly enough however here is how the league will more than likely deal with it...At the end of the season league officals will come together and review the games played this season at the new Cowboys stadium...If the outcome was much of what it was in the Titans scrimmage the league will re-write the regulation let say making it be 95 feet above playing level, forcing the cowboys then to pay that whooping 2 million dollars to have it moved...If that does occur there will be protests and the leagues image will be tainted even more...I hope this does not happen but that is what I forsea coming of this.
Nah, make Jones move it, just because I hate some Dallas Cowboys football..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]