Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region All A Classic
Who do you think will be in the championship game next friday?
& Who do you believe will win it all?
I think you need to watch out for SF. They look like a very good group of players.
Colonels Fan Wrote:I think you need to watch out for SF. They look like a very good group of players.

I agree, South Floyd has a very good team, well coached and supported by the parents. When you bring these three ingrediates together anything can happen. Best Wishes SF
I will say another SF-BL matchup in the finals, too close to call.
Betsy Lane right now is the best team in the 15th Region.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Where will state be at?
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Where will state be at?
Richmond and Berea( Mcbrayer arena,Old Berea gym/new)

games start at 7:30 am:zzz:
looks like Allen Central and whoever comes out of the losers bracket. Who saw that one coming? Jones blocked well against a bigger Betsy Layne team, Williams' serves were on fire and Potter picked up everything coming and going... gonna be tough to beat BL twice tho but good luck to the rebels!! (i think BL will edge out SF)
Maynard is an excellent coach for AC. If he can get 10% more from his team, he will find a way to get it.
Looks like Allen Central won the all 15th region all A classic according to the brackets, They defeated Betsy Layne 9-1-09 ( 25-14, 21-25, 25-16)
Looks like Allen Central is the Team to beat in the 15th region now. I see Belfry beat Allen Central it looks to be a 3 horse race at the end of the year at the regional tournament.
Allen Central and South Floyd play tonight (9-04-09) for the championship. South Floyd defeated Pikeville and Betsy Layne last night to reach the finals.
Good job SF. Sounds like Betsy Layne peaked to early this time. Maybe they will rebound come regular tournament time.
Tonight's game between SF and ACHS should be a great volleyball game. Either team would be a great representative of Floyd County volleyball. It's a shame that Betsy Layne came into the tournament thinking that they had it in the bag. Sometimes a reality check is a good thing.
AC beat south floyd in only 2 games tonight and the tournament was at south floyd. This makes the Rebels the new #2 team in the 15th region. I would say they are #1 but Belfry is always the top dog and will be until they lose a region tournament. South Floyd diddnt even have an all tourney awards...thats typical of them they always have half-did everything.
If I am not wrong, the coaches of the 15TH region decided not to have an all tournament team. :1:
da_expert Wrote:AC beat south floyd in only 2 games tonight and the tournament was at south floyd. This makes the Rebels the new #2 team in the 15th region. I would say they are #1 but Belfry is always the top dog and will be until they lose a region tournament. South Floyd diddnt even have an all tourney awards...thats typical of them they always have half-did everything.

Oh get real little one. Where do come off that SF is typical of anything? The 2nd game was tied for the last 5/6 points of the game. I think both teams played a vg game, why do you want to make it sound like it was a blow out? The only 2 games played was very good from both sides. So i would say congrats AC and great game SF. Give credit where credit is due. Both teams did a vg job tonight. Good luck AC and keep digging SF.
BTW SF has an 8th grader that the 15th region will have to deal with for the next 4 yrs and she will dominate.
congratulations ac. i'm sure you'll represent the 15th well at state.
Colonels Fan Wrote:BTW SF has an 8th grader that the 15th region will have to deal with for the next 4 yrs and she will dominate.

Betsy Layne and Belfry each have one in their starting rotation. Haven't seen SF this year, however I hear good things about her from coaches.
Good luck Lady Rebels at the All "A"!
Tin Cup Wrote:Betsy Layne and Belfry each have one in their starting rotation. Haven't seen SF this year, however I hear good things about her from coaches.

Betsy Layne actually has 2 8th graders in their starting rotation & depending on who starts at the other right side, sometimes 3.

a lot of teams in the 15th this year are very young & I look forward to seeing these teams play for years to come..
Congrats Allen Central & Coach Larry Maynard. Nice job! You have a good program top to bottom!
She Hulk Wrote:Congrats Allen Central & Coach Larry Maynard. Nice job! You have a good program top to bottom!

Outstanding Tourn. Great for the fans, all girls played hard and coaches brought leadership. 15th Region has grown leaps and bounds at every aspect of the game in the past several years. A region that has been dominated by one team (Belfry), Two teams if you want to go way back when Lecther High was in the region and although these teams have not missed a beat, several other teams in the 15th have raised their level of play over the past years. It is going to be a very intresting year. Best Wishes to ALL. Congratulaton Allen Central and Coach L. Maynard.
GO REBELS all day every day