Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st annual Ken Lemaster Showcase
Yes,
BL is that good !
ifyasmell Wrote:Are you sure BL is the #1 rated team in both Pike and Floyd Co? Sure BL is good but i am not sure i would consider them the best. I would like to see them Play against Virgie, Dorton and possibly Feds Creek before i rank them # 1.

Personally i see Virgie right up there with the best. They went to Hazard last night and beat a great Hazard team who won the KBA tournament this weekend by beating teams like Lexington Catholic.

Like Canoeman said, Yes they are that good!
A great man once said to be the man you got to beat the man.

So if BL is the man everyone will be gunning for them. Should be a really fun season for BL. They are a good team that returns a lot of talent. I would agree they are one of the top teams in the area.

BL, JC, Virgie, and Dorton should all be good this year. This basketball season could be one of the best we've seen in a while!
ifyasmell Wrote:A great man once said to be the man you got to beat the man.
So if BL is the man everyone will be gunning for them. Should be a really fun season for BL. They are a good team that returns a lot of talent. I would agree they are one of the top teams in the area.

BL, JC, Virgie, and Dorton should all be good this year. This basketball season could be one of the best we've seen in a while!

This statement is true BUT that same man also got beat. So the way I see it the Bobcats will take a few on the chin this season and i'm also gonna say they will probably have a L or two in Floyd county this season.

But hey I don't wear a sequined robe or jump around in short shorts in front of large crowds so what do I know.

Space mountain baby
BL has been undefeated in the county for like 3 years. They return the same team as last year, so I HIGHLY doubt they will lose a game in Floyd Co.
All middle school coaches wanting to vote on the weekly rankings for teams and for the end of the yr player rankings, please email the above site and we will post them weekly. About half are voting right now, I would like to get them all.
WOW!! sounds like it will be a great tourny.!!!!
Reanimate Wrote:BL has been undefeated in the county for like 3 years. They return the same team as last year, so I HIGHLY doubt they will lose a game in Floyd Co.

Everybody thought that in football also and look what happened. If i'm not mistaken it was a Floyd county team that DEFEATED THE BOBCATS in the Big Sandy also.
willie cheatum Wrote:Everybody thought that in football also and look what happened. If i'm not mistaken it was a Floyd county team that DEFEATED THE BOBCATS in the Big Sandy also.

lol, Hey I hope BL looses some games too. But its not very likely.
Hey guys come out to Wesley Christian and watch FC as we battle BL on Thursday night at 7:00 should be a GREAT game! GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ole willie got out tonight and traveled down to Wesley Christian and saw one heck of a ball game. Them Feds Creek boys gave BL everything they wanted tonight. I think BL won by 3 in one heck of a preseason game. Free throws win ball games and I overheard someone say FC shot 15/28 from the line. Hit a few more of them and probably a different outcome. Justice and Miller from FC are a tough matchup for anyone they play. BL is BIG, FAST and ATHLETIC. Gonna take a good team to beat em. The Hamilton boy is tough, not really a big offensive game from anyone but him for BL. Got there late and Wesley Christioan was up big on Kimper. Looked like alot of the younger kids saw some good minutes for both those teams. All in all a good night of basketball action down at the Ken Lemaster Showcase.

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.

willie cheatum
What a great early season game, both these teams played hard, BL showed some early season rust, no doubt, Feds Creek has a really nice team, would love to see these two teams later in the season, good luck to both !!!!
willie cheatum Wrote:Everybody thought that in football also and look what happened. If i'm not mistaken it was a Floyd county team that DEFEATED THE BOBCATS in the Big Sandy also.

True...the Blackcats won!!! Congrats to them and Coach Howell on an amazing win and championship win against Hazard! Nothing being taken away from that team or coaches. But it wasnt exactly the same team as last year and this season was an improvement of sorts from the previous one for the Bobcats! This I know because I was there! I say let the players do the playing on the court and lets see what happens. Good Luck to all Floyd Co. teams and other surrounding teams this year!
Congrats to the Feds Creek Vikings for winning the single elimination portion of the Ken Lemaster Showcase down at Wesley Christian today.

Saturday results

SF over Wesley
AC over Kimper
AC over SF
Feds Creek over Emmalena
Feds Creek over AC in the championship

Danny Cantrell from Emmalena won the 3 point shoot out over Mckenzie Akers from Wesley Christian in the finals.

Cameron Justice was named the MVP of the event.
MCACoach Wrote:Congrats to the Feds Creek Vikings for winning the single elimination portion of the Ken Lemaster Showcase down at Wesley Christian today.

Saturday results

SF over Wesley
AC over Kimper
AC over SF
Feds Creek over Emmalena
Feds Creek over AC in the championship

Danny Cantrell from Emmalena won the 3 point shoot out over Mckenzie Akers from Wesley Christian in the finals.

Cameron Justice was named the MVP of the event.

AC and SF only played close to 3 quarters(still had about 20secs left in the 3rd). And let's leave at that, so nothing gets started.

Congrats to Feds Creek, Justice, and Cantrell.
Did the same Emmalena team play at Knott County tonight, also?
Congrats to mckenzie, matt isom, and matt kidd, as well as the rest of the wesley program, good luck this year !!!!