Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low Disk Space, Please Help.
My computer had a power surge back in aug. and i had to redo XP but now it say's i have Very low disk space. I went to add/ remove programs and deleted all i could but it still says it. what should i do now?
do you have a lot of music files and stuff? delete those....or videos...they take up a lot of space.
see i dont think all the stuff it had on it before the surge was deleted i have no music or video files on it now, i ran a virus scan and nothing showedup. I delete cookies 2 times a week. idk what could cause it. all my files are on my jump drive.
Hmmm....have to wait on torQQue or ZMG

sorry.
Thanks for trying... maybe someone will know how to help me!
Wow, I'm really slacking off on these problems. I didn't even notice this post until today.

Anyway, one thing you can try is to delete temporary files, etc, by using the disk cleanup utility. You can do this by opening My Computer, right clicking on C: (I assume that's your Windows drive), and click Properties. It should open to the General tab. Click on the Disk Cleanup button. That may take awhile to start. After it does, you can select what to clear (it will show you how much space is used). Then, just click ok and let it go to work. Ignore the Compress old files, that's another story. Hope this helps. There's probably more that can be done, but we can try to tackle that next time.
i've done that two or three times but it still hasn't helped. any other suggestions?