Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man killed on I-65 after stopping to help motorist
Very sad story..
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. A Louisville man who stopped to help a stranded motorist on Interstate 65 has died after being struck by a car that was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer.

Sixty-two-year-old Robert Bivin had stopped on I-65 yesterday after he spotted a car stopped along the highway about two miles north of Bowling Green. State police say 54-year-old Judy Schaefer's Buick Century had run out of gas. The 54-year-old Oakland, New Jersey woman and her twin sister, Jan Frey, of Montgomery Center, Vermont, were in the car.

Bivin drove Schaefer to a nearby station to get gas and returned, parking his vehicle behind Schaefer's on the shoulder of the interstate.

As Bivin and Schaefer were pouring gas into Schaefer's car, a tractor-trailer struck Bivin's parked car, forcing it into them.

Trooper Charles Swiney says Bivin died at the Medical Center in Bowling Green yesterday. Frey was treated and released, while Schaefer was taken to Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville where she's reported "stable."

Swiney said witnesses reported the tractor-trailer driiven by 56-year-old Fletcher Stiff of Nashville was drifting in and out of his lane before the collision. Stiff wasn't injured. No charges have been filed
http://www.wymtnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=2810645
Thats a sad story 15th! God bless his family!
I hate to hear that.
Thats really sad
Very sad!
My prayers are with his family.
So sad, God Bless!