Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Gillispie Checks Into Rehab
Former UK basketball head coach, Billy Gillispie has checked into rehab facility in Houston, Texas.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/57921747.html
Caught this on the 11 o'clock news last night. Not surprising, and just helps solidify UK's case for getting rid of the guy.

I do know one thing; this summer has been an easy one for the sports talk shows around here. With the Gillispie drama, Coach Cal, and Pitino drama, they've had no shortage of topics to talk about this summer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
As a UK fan I am soooo glad he is no longer the UK coach but as a Christian I hope and pray that he finally gets help and beats this.
And this was our savior from that "evil" Tubby Smith. I am glad we have Coach Cal though.
happy for BCG, good luck and recover from that addiction...
I wish him well. Glad he has made a step forward.
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:I wish him well. Glad he has made a step forward.

Very much agreed. He has an addictive disease that is not a joke. I wish him well in his recovery steps.
Well, Hope he gets through this well
Saw this coming a mile away. I'm not taking lightly the fact that he obviously needs help, but he had to do this to have any chance at coaching again. Even after, its going to be hard to find work.
I hope that he is able to get his life back together. It does not really matter to if he ever coaches again as long as he is able to get himself straight.
It's like a car wreck. No one wants to admit to watching it but you can't keep your eyes away. Even in the far side of Eastern Ky there were rumors of Billy's "problem" but most people over looked it so that the Big Blue Nation could hang another banner in Rupp. I hope with all that's going on in the Blue Grass now days things don't turn out worse. i.e. Actually getting the banner and then having to pull it back down
Hopefully he gets over this problem and saves his life I will pray for him I always did like him.
hope he gets himself cleaned....addiction is tough to beat