Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 players 14th Region
Who's your top 10 players in the 14th Region for 2009-2010
Breathitt- Kendall Noble
Leslie- Hillary ? (Can't remember her last name)
PCC- Kayla Rankin, Whitney Back, Kilburn
Letcher- Their whole starting 5

Those will also be the final 4 this year too! With Letcher finally over taking the Lady Bobcats for the top spot.
Hillary Moore

What about the girl from Powell Co. I cant remember her name..
I know this is about the best in the 14th right now, the eldridge girl from LCC is gonna be one of the best to have played at LCC !!! In two years there will be a girl at LCC, by the name of christina Bentley, she is at M.J.P grade school right now, if she keeps working hard she will be one of the best in the 14th as a freshmen !!!!
Powell County has about 2 or 3 eighth graders that could be considered top players in the 14th region ...
First let me say I think that KCC will have something to say about your Top 4 teams they didn't lose anybody and all of their young kids have a year of high school under their belts now. Plus they added a really good player in the Slone girl. With that being said I still think that Breathitt will win the region this year. Kendall Noble is by far the best all around player in the 14th region and 1 of the best in the state. Breathitt has a few girls that could be in the top 10 players in the region and all of them have played in several big games in the lasdt 3 years or so. Breathitt's D is what makes them so much better Leslie can score with anybody and PCC and LCC are fast as lightning but when comes time for region everyone wins or loses with their D.

TOP 10 PLAYERS
1.Kendall Noble(Breathitt)
2.Kendra McFarllan(Powell) not sure about the spelling sorry
3.Moore(Leslie)
4.Hovee(June B)
5.Sexton(LCC)
6.Stamper(Wolfe)
7.Rankin(PCC)
8.Wright(Owsley)
9.Eldridge(LCC)
10.(TIE)Slone(KCC)
10.(TIE)Deaton(Breathitt)
Layup Queen Wrote:Powell County has about 2 or 3 eighth graders that could be considered top players in the 14th region ...
Yes Powell has at least 2 players that will be considered the best out of the 14th region in the next few years. Those players should get a lot of varsity playing time this year. They make a game very exciting.
This would be a good all-star team to compete for state title.....Reds#1Fan
This IMO will be the year that the lady cougars win the 14th Region. I just think they have way too much talent to wear teams down. Now Coach Adams can press, press, and more press and use defense like he wants to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
LCC has the best chance to dethrown Breahitt Co. Dickie will have at least 12 varisty players that could start for most teams. LCC will have the strongest bench by far...
The thing about pressing is you have to be able to score to set your press up thats what Breathitt does so well they keep you from scoring. Plus I have not seen one team in the state of Kentucky that can press Kendall Noble she is so smart and throws over the press most of the time that is what happened to LCC in last years Final. The best thing LCC has going for them is they will be playing at home this year in the region and will have 2 times the fans as anyone else. If Dicky can keep all of those players happy he mught have a chance this season but I have never seen 10 or 12 players that could start for most teams settle for playing 10 or 15 minutes a game. I have thought that Dicky started a couple of girls last year that wasn't as good as some on the bench when your winning no one will say much but if you lose everyone wants to play more then. So just win baby!!!!!!
I THINK THIS SEASON IS GOING TO BE ONE OF THE BEST IN 14TH REGION HISTORY.
my favorite 2 to watch are kendall noble and kayla rankin, both are really good
Reds#1Fan Wrote:The thing about pressing is you have to be able to score to set your press up thats what Breathitt does so well they keep you from scoring. Plus I have not seen one team in the state of Kentucky that can press Kendall Noble she is so smart and throws over the press most of the time that is what happened to LCC in last years Final. The best thing LCC has going for them is they will be playing at home this year in the region and will have 2 times the fans as anyone else. If Dicky can keep all of those players happy he mught have a chance this season but I have never seen 10 or 12 players that could start for most teams settle for playing 10 or 15 minutes a game. I have thought that Dicky started a couple of girls last year that wasn't as good as some on the bench when your winning no one will say much but if you lose everyone wants to play more then. So just win baby!!!!!!

The starting lineup will be different this year.
Kayla Rankin and Whitney Back will be the best/most consitant night in night out players. Melton is good but who knows if she will even play or be in school. Shepherd could have a very good season if she keeps focused. Perry could win the region but their weak work ethic must improve drastically.
Kendall Noble is the best player in the region and possibly Eastern Kentucky.
Noble
Hovee
Moore
Turner
Sexton
Keeton
McFarland
Slone
Wright
Stamper
palmer Wrote:Noble
Hovee
Moore
Turner
Sexton
Keeton
McFarland
Slone
Wright
Stamper

You have two players from Owsley County(who has no chance to win the region) and one player from Letcher Central(who has the only chance other than Breathitt).
Reds#1Fan Wrote:The thing about pressing is you have to be able to score to set your press up thats what Breathitt does so well they keep you from scoring. Plus I have not seen one team in the state of Kentucky that can press Kendall Noble she is so smart and throws over the press most of the time that is what happened to LCC in last years Final. The best thing LCC has going for them is they will be playing at home this year in the region and will have 2 times the fans as anyone else. If Dicky can keep all of those players happy he mught have a chance this season but I have never seen 10 or 12 players that could start for most teams settle for playing 10 or 15 minutes a game. I have thought that Dicky started a couple of girls last year that wasn't as good as some on the bench when your winning no one will say much but if you lose everyone wants to play more then. So just win baby!!!!!!

IMO(and it is a very educated opinion) the starting lineup for LCC:

G - Kelah Eldridge - FR
G - Haley Whitaker - Soph
G - Erica Meade - Soph
C - Shannon Bays - Sr
F - Brittany Sexton - Sr

LCC will have approximate 4 to 5 other girls that will come off the bench when needed with another two or three possible. Some Juniors but mostly Sophomores and Freshmen.
Good to know that we will have three of them at least two more years after this one. Who do you see as being the 6th lady to come off the bench that might surprise people? The 8th grader who is coming over from knott co?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
OrangenowBlue Wrote:You have two players from Owsley County(who has no chance to win the region) and one player from Letcher Central(who has the only chance other than Breathitt).

So what if they have two players from Owsley. Mika Turner and Peyton Wright are two of the best players in the region.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:You have two players from Owsley County(who has no chance to win the region) and one player from Letcher Central(who has the only chance other than Breathitt).

Which one doesn't belong in the top 10?
Owsley has two good players and not much else. Letcher has 10 to 15 solid players.
palmer Wrote:Which one doesn't belong in the top 10?
Owsley has two good players and not much else. Letcher has 10 to 15 solid players.
:please: Letcher County also has around 1200 students to Owsley County's 200. They should have a ratio like the numbers you list. They should also be a regional contender every year in all sports. If not I would be calling for some coaches heads.
Well by your standards, Hazard should never have won the region in boys basketball. Letcher Central averages 950 to 1000 students. Perry Central is still the largest school in the region.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote::please: Letcher County also has around 1200 students to Owsley County's 200. They should have a ratio like the numbers you list. They should also be a regional contender every year in all sports. If not I would be calling for some coaches heads.

So, I guess you agree with me.
I wasn't talking about school size, just explaining how Owsley could have two players in the top 10 and be rated well below Letcher Central.
The 14th region Coaches, voted Turner and Wright as two of the top 6 players in the region last season.
If Powell County has two eight graders that fit in the category with:

Noble, Sexton, Rankin, Turner, Moore, Wright, Deaton, Spencer. ETC. Then why were they not playing last season?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Well by your standards, Hazard should never have won the region in boys basketball. Letcher Central averages 950 to 1000 students. Perry Central is still the largest school in the region.

Hazard has something that most small schools dont have. TRADITION.
Lucky7 Wrote:If Powell County has two eight graders that fit in the category with:

Noble, Sexton, Rankin, Turner, Moore, Wright, Deaton, Spencer. ETC. Then why were they not playing last season?

Who is Spencer.
Lucky7 Wrote:Hazard has something that most small schools dont have. TRADITION.

And a neverending flow of transfers doesn't hurt either.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:And a neverending flow of transfers doesn't hurt either.
You're very correct. Hazard has an enrollment of slightly over 300 but by the time they get transfers in most years it throws away the 'small school' status for them. Many of their greatest teams had transfers who helped them get over the hump. Johnny Cox was a transfer who played on their last state championship team in the 1950's. Steven and Charlotte Sizemore were on teams that played in the state tournaments (with Charlotte's winning the state title). Their past two state teams have had the Bell County kids. These are just a few examples among many more that could be listed.

But more often than not big schools are going to dominate most regional play. Just look at the enrollments in the state tournament programs every year. The only exceptions are the privates, who also rely on transfers and recruits to pull them through.