Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(19) UNC 12 - UCONN 10 [final]
UNC comes back in the 4th with a touchdown to tie it up. Then with 2 minutes left, a UCONN lineman got caught holding in the endzone resulting in a safety, putting UNC up by 2 points.

UCONN then kicks an onside kick and recovers. UCONN has one more try with 1:30 left in the game. They get it to the 50 yard line but need a 1st down. They threw two passes that would have gotten them in range, but the refs did not call what, to me, seemed to be obvious pass interference by UNC. With 4th and 4, UCONN QB is sacked and UNC takes over to run the clock out and win the game.

UNC is very overrated, IMO. Also, one of their best players, Pianalto, appeared to sprain his ankle after celebrating like an idiot after his touchdown.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:UNC comes back in the 4th with a touchdown to tie it up. Then with 2 minutes left, a UCONN lineman got caught holding in the endzone resulting in a safety, putting UNC up by 2 points.

UCONN then kicks an onside kick and recovers. UCONN has one more try with 1:30 left in the game. They get it to the 50 yard line but need a 1st down. They threw two passes that would have gotten them in range, but the refs did not call what, to me, seemed to be obvious pass interference by UNC. With 4th and 4, UCONN QB is sacked and UNC takes over to run the clock out and win the game.

UNC is very overrated, IMO. Also, one of their best players, Pianalto, was injured after he celebrated like an idiot and appeared to sprain his ankle.

I was going to post this. The injury to the Fb appears to be a serious one as they had to cart him off and stabilize his leg.

What a wierd, wacky finish. Uconn has got to be feeling sick about letting this oen slip away.
Is it bad that I love to see players get injured after celebrating like an idiot, lol?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Is it bad that I love to see players get injured after celebrating like an idiot, lol?

Only because it appears to be serious.

I won't lie, when I saw it happen I pointed and laughed, then I felt bad for him when I realized it was more than just a turned ankle.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Only because it appears to be serious.

I won't lie, when I saw it happen I pointed and laughed, then I felt bad for him when I realized it was more than just a turned ankle.

Possible MCL, ACL, LCL injury?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Possible MCL, ACL, LCL injury?

Appears to either be that or a broken leg (forget which bone the sin is called)
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Appears to either be that or a broken leg (forget which bone the sin is called)

Shin bone is called the tibia. The useless bone behind it is the fibula.

Didn't seem like there was enough force there to break the leg, but then again, I have seen guys break their legs from jumping down 3 feet. Most notably when Sid Vicious jumped off the ropes in a match. Let me find the video... :yikes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Here's the video. Sid jumped...maybe 2-3 feet and broke his leg, so I guess it's possible.

[YOUTUBE="Sid Vicious breaks leg"]WFfx4f3aimQ[/YOUTUBE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Man that makes me sick to my stomach.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I was going to post this. The injury to the Fb appears to be a serious one as they had to cart him off and stabilize his leg.

What a wierd, wacky finish. Uconn has got to be feeling sick about letting this oen slip away.

Sounds like it was taken away!