Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retiring Michael Jordan's #23
Should they retire his #23???

Why or Why Not?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
No way the Bulls have, but league as a whole should not. For one, now would be a bad time to do it as LeBron wears 23 and would be required to switch numbers. Secondly, I feel no league should require a number but individual teams only for accomplishments made with that teams. I know Jackie Robinson #42 is retired, although Mariano Rivera is still allowed to wear it but he broke the race barrier. Although an incredible and Hall of Fame baseball player, his # is not retired for that but rather for his accomplishments breaking the race barrier. So my answer is NO!
No , the league should not retire the number 23, although Jordan was the greatest of all time IMO, you still have players wearing that number !!!!
I say yes, Gretzky's was retired, Lebron wears 23 because of Jordan, only other mentionable is J-rich and Q-rich, and he's been traded so many times he should change his # anyway.
The Blue Blur Wrote:No way the Bulls have, but league as a whole should not. For one, now would be a bad time to do it as LeBron wears 23 and would be required to switch numbers. Secondly, I feel no league should require a number but individual teams only for accomplishments made with that teams. I know Jackie Robinson #42 is retired, although Mariano Rivera is still allowed to wear it but he broke the race barrier. Although an incredible and Hall of Fame baseball player, his # is not retired for that but rather for his accomplishments breaking the race barrier. So my answer is NO!

jackie robinsons number is retired? well, who knows maybe they should retire jordans number,
no, caz they had alot of greats for the NBA prior to jordan yes he did make the most impact but it would be disgracing the old time greats too. what about pistol pete he is the NBA logo that would be the one thing that i would feel acceptable for them to change. but they would probably have to pay the jordan company to use the most known basketball symbol ever!!!!
beasy_bo Wrote:no, caz they had alot of greats for the NBA prior to jordan yes he did make the most impact but it would be disgracing the old time greats too. what about pistol pete he is the NBA logo that would be the one thing that i would feel acceptable for them to change. but they would probably have to pay the jordan company to use the most known basketball symbol ever!!!!

I thought Jerry West was the NBA logo?
lwc Wrote:I thought Jerry West was the NBA logo?

That would be correct, though I wouldn't mind seeing that changed.
Only in Chicago, no where else.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
lwc Wrote:I thought Jerry West was the NBA logo?

yes it is i was thinking one thing but wrote another sorry
I have no problem with it. He is the greatest to ever play in the NBA.
Best basketball player I ever watched. He should have his jersey retired and his birthday should be a national holliday.( schools closing, banks closing, paid holliday, parades, Walmarts close.) Ya, it should be that big. Oh ya, Chuch Norris should make a speech.
bigjim4packers Wrote:Best basketball player I ever watched. He should have his jersey retired and his birthday should be a national holliday.( schools closing, banks closing, paid holliday, parades, Walmarts close.) Ya, it should be that big. Oh ya, Chuch Norris should make a speech.

LOl :Thumbs:

well Spoken by a packers fan,

the nba logo should be jordans logo as well,
I think they should retire the number 23 because Jordan brought a lot more to the game of basketball. When someone mentions basketball the first thing most think of is Jordan. Also almost everyone that wears #23 wears it because Jordan did. There are so many kids on teams that try to get that number over other kids not to just have that number but to have it because of Jordan.
People let's face it, like Death said, when you think of basketball, you think of Jordan. What does that tell you?
He's the standard every one is compared. He jumps like Jordan, He shots like Jordan, he dunks like jordan, you get the picture.
Free pictures? Smile lol
I barely agree with the fact that Jackie Robinsons number was retired. That was only because of him breaking the color barrer! He was a great player but not even the best all time at his postion. Jordan may be the best basketball player of all-time (right now)! But, that doesn't mean they should retire his number. NASCAR didn't retire the 43 and the 3 is just not used out of respect for Earnhardt. 99 may be retired in hockey but I do not agree with it. They start retireing numbers across the board along with teams retireing numbers themselves. Eventually they would run out.