Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appalachian Wireless = borderline rip-off
BCF4L, quick question for you. Last summer I switched from AW to AT&T (sorry bro!). But I did this because I was having trouble receiving text messages from friends at school. I wouldn't receive them for sometimes days at a time then all at once receive them in a large group. The switch has worked out well for me because I am rarely in EKY and most of my friends are from the New England area (sad I know). But my parents still use AW and I have never been able to send/receive text messages from them (before or after the switch). Do you know what causes this or how to fix it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You probably need to contact AT&T actually. Everything is correct on our end when it comes to sending and receiving text messaging. We have had quite a bit of problems with AT&T not having us in their routing table to receive and send texts. We have tried and tried to warn them of this but they always put it on us like it's our fault. We have checked everything on our end that could possibly be the problem and have discovered its all on them.

What you need to do is send your number and your parents number to AT&T and have them check the routing to make sure everything is correct. You can also send your parents numbers to me and I can check again to make sure everything is correct on our end. But more than likely it's an AT&T problem.
BCF4L Wrote:You probably need to contact AT&T actually. Everything is correct on our end when it comes to sending and receiving text messaging. We have had quite a bit of problems with AT&T not having us in their routing table to receive and send texts. We have tried and tried to warn them of this but they always put it on us like it's our fault. We have checked everything on our end that could possibly be the problem and have discovered its all on them.

What you need to do is send your number and your parents number to AT&T and have them check the routing to make sure everything is correct. You can also send your parents numbers to me and I can check again to make sure everything is correct on our end. But more than likely it's an AT&T problem.

My girlfriend has App. and she can text people who also have App. and sometimes not receive their messages for a day or so later.
BCF4L Wrote:If you don't mind me asking, what store do you go into that is so rude to you? We do not stand for people being rude.

It's fine. It was the store below Pikeville in Coal Run across from Taco Bell.

Just today me and my grandpa we're going to Prestonsburg and he pointed to the big APP wireless headquarters building in just about 5 miles after you pass the county line going into Floyd Co. from Pike Co. and said "them people right there are the rudest I've ever seen". He hardly even knows how to use his phone and apparently they were rude to him also. But the store that I described in Pikeville is the one I visited.
BCF4L Wrote:You probably need to contact AT&T actually. Everything is correct on our end when it comes to sending and receiving text messaging. We have had quite a bit of problems with AT&T not having us in their routing table to receive and send texts. We have tried and tried to warn them of this but they always put it on us like it's our fault. We have checked everything on our end that could possibly be the problem and have discovered its all on them.

Isn't is ridiculous that I can text and call my buddies in Iraq and Kuwait that have there phones through a big Kuwaiti cell phone service but I can't hardly text my friends that have AW? Seems like a little disrespect on AT&T's part....

Thanks for the help! Everything works great now! Never had any problems with customer service when used AW and now that I'm gone I still get help!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i have app. wireless and i get somewhat good service. there are alot of dead spots around where i live here in McDowell. i have a Razr Vegas and its ok. freezes up on me alot. i got it back in January. i have Unlimited txt, 800 mins., free nights and weekends. all together im happy with app. wireless. i have a couple of friends who have the Samsung Finese or however u spell it. and they dont get good service at all. my phone and theirs can be laying side by side and i have 3 bars and them have none.
Hey Vundy33 I would like to know when you was in the Pikeville store across from Taco Bell bc I can grant you that you come in there and ask to speak to jason he wil be more than willing to help you the best of his ability and he always has a smile on his face...just letting ya know man....
football05 Wrote:Hey Vundy33 I would like to know when you was in the Pikeville store across from Taco Bell bc I can grant you that you come in there and ask to speak to jason he wil be more than willing to help you the best of his ability and he always has a smile on his face...just letting ya know man....

I was in the in Feb 09'. Thanks man, appreciate the offer.
No problem thats me by the way lol...but Ill help ya out best I can ask BCF4L i wont steer ya wrong...and right now we have a great deal going on with the spyder 2's....Pm me if ya have any questions
Are you sure? Well, did you happen to be at Quizno's on Tuesday? Because the guy I talked to was coming out of there as I was going in and he got into an appalachian wireless car with another guy.
vundy33 Wrote:Are you sure? Well, did you happen to be at Quizno's on Tuesday? Because the guy I talked to was coming out of there as I was going in and he got into an appalachian wireless car with another guy.
That was probably me. Me and a couple other guys ran into Gamestop to buy the new Marvel Ultimate Alliance game. LOL.
I dealt with Appalachian Wireless today. Signed a new 2 year contract on 4 different phones and got new phones in the process. I've never had a problem with them, their products, or their customer service. Jason was extremely helpful today and provided excellent service to my family and I. If I ever have a problem or question I feel very confident that I can reach a number of people that I know or any customer service representative that comes on the line and will have it fixed promptly. They have the best service around here so I am willing to pay more for a phone and plan that works where I need it to.
football05 Wrote:No problem thats me by the way lol...but Ill help ya out best I can ask BCF4L i wont steer ya wrong...and right now we have a great deal going on with the spyder 2's....Pm me if ya have any questions

Are they as bad as the spyder 1's? I hate mine.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Are they as bad as the spyder 1's? I hate mine.
Spyder II's are badass. I tested them before they came out in stores and I loved it.
Man spyder II's are awsome...sometimes I put a battery in them just to play around with all the features on the phone and I sold one to tribe yesterday and just ask how she likes it....they are completley touch screen has full keyboard so for those texters out there its awsome....just ask the tribe like i said she got the unlimited txt on 4 phones so im sure she can tell you all about it......
I have Appalachian Wireless and I purchased a Samsung Finesse just recently. Very impressed with the phone and the customer service was flawless like always. No problems to report yet.
yea the finesse is also another great phone and alot of fun to play with...Did you get the Mission Impossible 1 2 and 3 film with your purchase...Because when you purchase a new finesse now it comes with those movies and they have GREAT picture quality and just like your watching it at home....
Any reason AW doesn't have the iPhone?
No clue but someone told me that the 1st of the year they was suppose to realease the rights to every cell phone company to sale...So IDK...but If you want an Iphone lookalike go to walmart buy an IPOD touch and play with it...you just cant make calls but its the same thing....
football05 Wrote:No clue but someone told me that the 1st of the year they was suppose to realease the rights to every cell phone company to sale...So IDK...but If you want an Iphone lookalike go to walmart buy an IPOD touch and play with it...you just cant make calls but its the same thing....

Plus an iPod Touch can connect to a WiFi connection and surf the net for free, kids surf the net all the time in class at PC on their Touch's.
I have a Touch and I wouldn't buy an iPhone knowing that it was set up just like it. The texting on it would be horrible in my opinion because I hate typing on the Touch's touchscreen. A full keyboard on a phone is much better. I love my Spyder II and can't wait to fully customize all of it and figure out all of its features. Texting on it is great. It is the first touch screen that I have used that actually goes into the feature that you are trying to access instead of one near it on accident.
well I am glad yu love your phone tribe....Makes a guy feel good that sold it to ya and knowing I took good care of you all lol....so everyone on here needs to come see me
Ive had a spyder I for less than a year and i want to throw it out the window 15-20 time a day. ive already had to send it back 3 times. I can have 4 bars and still not be able to send a text. 3-4 bars and not be able to get a call out. When Im home i cant get signal and theres a tower 4 miles from my house!
Dial *228 from your phone an it will say start activation your PRL probably needs to be updated and that will do it....
vundy33 Wrote:Any reason AW doesn't have the iPhone?
Exclusivity rights. AT&T went to Apple and said, " we will pay you X amount of money for us to be the only company with the iPhone plus whatever the phones cost." Companies can't turn down guaranteed money. However, like football05 stated, there is a lawsuit out right now that should eliminate all exclusivity rights and give all companies the right to sell a particular phone. When this will pass is another story.
BCF4L Wrote:Exclusivity rights. AT&T went to Apple and said, " we will pay you X amount of money for us to be the only company with the iPhone plus whatever the phones cost." Companies can't turn down guaranteed money. However, like football05 stated, there is a lawsuit out right now that should eliminate all exclusivity rights and give all companies the right to sell a particular phone. When this will pass is another story.

Likely not soon, just like how EA sports has the rights to make the only College football and NFL football games.
Even if App could get the iPhone, could the network support it? Its painfully slow sometimes.
thetribe Wrote:I have a Touch and I wouldn't buy an iPhone knowing that it was set up just like it. The texting on it would be horrible in my opinion because I hate typing on the Touch's touchscreen. A full keyboard on a phone is much better. I love my Spyder II and can't wait to fully customize all of it and figure out all of its features. Texting on it is great. It is the first touch screen that I have used that actually goes into the feature that you are trying to access instead of one near it on accident.

See I am the opposite. I had an iPod Touch and loved it so when I got home I bought an iPhone. I love the keyboard on the iPhone and IMO I don't think any other touch screen keyboard compares. I absolutely hate texting BTW.

And I can browse the internet FAST when I have full service and it still goes at a good speed even when I have one bar.
NEXT Wrote:Even if App could get the iPhone, could the network support it? Its painfully slow sometimes.

Good question.