Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appalachian Wireless = borderline rip-off
NEXT Wrote:Even if App could get the iPhone, could the network support it? Its painfully slow sometimes.
It would be easier for our network to support the iPhone than it is to support the Blackberry. Out of all the things our network holds, the most network cluttering thing is the Blackberry Messenger. It takes more to make it work than any other thing our network does.

The problem with our network has been the sudden growth in text messaging. We are seeing somewhere around 3 million texts per month hit our network which is about 2.5 million more than this same time 1 year ago. Now, I seen this coming, as did a couple of other ppl in our company, but the ones that matter didn't do anything to accomodate for this increase therefore we are left struggling to catch up. Most of our towers have been updated however and should be able to hold the majority of the calls and texts during the busiest parts of the day.
Here's another question...Does App Wireless use Verizon Wireless towers when out of state? When I had some friends come visit me in California they had AW and had full service the whole time. I lived out in the desert and AT&T doesn't get good service out there so I know it wasn't there towers...
vundy33 Wrote:Here's another question...Does App Wireless use Verizon Wireless towers when out of state? When I had some friends come visit me in California they had AW and had full service the whole time. I lived out in the desert and AT&T doesn't get good service out there so I know it wasn't there towers...
Yes, when you leave our service area, you roam off of many different carriers including Verizon. This is why you have more service with a regional carrier like AW because we have so many roaming partners whereas AT&T only uses their own towers. So if you don't have service with AT&T, they have no other partners for you to use.
thats the handy thing about "Nationwide Calling" with AW.....
like i stated earlier i have a Razr Vegas. and well at that time i had had no problems as far as service. well the other day i was sittin in class and tryed to send a txt and it wouldnt send and i had 4 bars of service. and also i tried to make a call on my way home and i was on the 4 lane from prestonsburg to martin and it said that i had no service. i have done the *228 thing a couple times too. so can u tell me what could be wrong
BCF4L Wrote:That's funny, there isn't a $700 deposit.

The credit score thing, there are 3 different credit companies that a person can go through to get a score, Equifax, Experian, and Transunion. AT&T uses a different one than Appalachian Wireless. So just because your credit score was perfect on one doesn't mean that it is on the other. You will have a different score on each of the 3 credit bureaus.

And very funny comment with the great service. Call me when you break down between Paintsville and Louisa on US23 (or the other 75% of the area where you don't get service). Oh, wait, you won't be able to.
Oh yeah, like you can with Appalachian Wireless too. I believe that Appalachian and Verizon use the same towers dont they?

I recently changed my business plan from Appalachian to Verizon. I had almost 40 accounts with Appalachian. The deal I got from Verizon was almost half of what I was paying through Appalachian, so you can only imagine what I saved. I offered the package to Appalachian before I swithched to give them the opportunity to adjust, but their sales people that came to my office acted like they were totally clueless. Never tried to work with a more inept bunch of morons that is supposed to be a companies sales representatives.

But it is nothing new. From past experiences, I have come to learn that whether it be cable service, telephone service, or now wireless communications that whenever the Gearhearts think they have the monopoly on something, you as a customer are ....................
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Oh yeah, like you can with Appalachian Wireless too. I believe that Appalachian and Verizon use the same towers dont they?

I recently changed my business plan from Appalachian to Verizon. I had almost 40 accounts with Appalachian. The deal I got from Verizon was almost half of what I was paying through Appalachian, so you can only imagine what I saved. I offered the package to Appalachian before I swithched to give them the opportunity to adjust, but their sales people that came to my office acted like they were totally clueless. Never tried to work with a more inept bunch of morons that is supposed to be a companies sales representatives.

But it is nothing new. From past experiences, I have come to learn that whether it be cable service, telephone service, or now wireless communications that whenever the Gearhearts think they have the monopoly on something, you as a customer are ....................

Thats is my WHOLE problem. BCF4L is a nice guy and represents the company well but some of the people they have for sales reps are clueless, and the company doesn NOT take care of their current customers. I had to keep my current Appy contract, pay $150 for the phone and have had more calls dropped on 119 than EVER before. I was going to give them the benefit and stay with. I will be changing companies as soon as my contract is up and goin with Verizon or AllTel, they offer the same phones for wayyy less.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'll say this, I find it funny that App. is charging hundreds for phones like the Samsung Finesse and other such phones, when I renew my contract in Nov., I'll be getting the Samsung Impression which won the best phone at the annual technology event for 99 cents by renewing my contract through Walmart. That's a 3.2 inch touch screen phone with a full slide out keyboard for 99 cents, App. is ripping people off with the prices of their phones and plans.

Impression is a great choice have one and Love love love it