Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canada Fishing Trip 2009
My father, brother, grandfather, and I are going on a week-long Canada fishing trip. We all took this same trip back in the summer of 2004 and had the time of our lives. Fishing for countless walleye and waiting on that monster northern pike, now that's what it's all about.

We are taking off in the morning and will return home a week from Saturday. I'll be back then with the results of our trip for those who want to know how we did. Ideal conditions will be a high temperature of 60 degrees and a low of 45 degrees with slightly muddy waters. A little rain could help pick up the action if the fishing is slow.

Anyhow, I will be back a week from Saturday to post on how we did.
I've always wanted to take a long fishing trip like this. But have not had the chance to.
Hope you have a great time ODM.......:Thumbs:
Good Luck, ODM43.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I appreciate it guys. We made a pitstop in Michigan and are taking off for Ontario at Midnight. No internet access for a week will be tough, but I'll be alright. Smile
Well, what can I say? It was an awesome trip. We ended up having 6 of us (My father, brother, grandfather and his two sons, and myself) camping at Cupa Lake in Ontario.

Day 1 was a bit tough. Being on the road for 20 hours, without sleep meant setting up camp would be hard to deal with. We arrived around 10 a.m. and began to set up our cooking area, shower, toilet, etc. in the pouring rain. We finished about 3 hours later and went out on the lake. We came in with a few pike and a couple walleye.

Day 2 went much smoother. We had nothing to do but fish. We had a mostly sunny skies and a full day of fishing. Each of us caught around 8 or 10 fish each and over 50 all together. My brother brought in a nice, healthy 28 inch pike that weighed 6 pounds or so.

Day 3 was when my father hooked a monster walleye. Everyone else was asleep when he drug us all down to the dock and showed us a 8 1/2 pound, 27 1/2 inch whopper. That eventually was the prize winning fish.

Day 4 was another great day. The pike were biting great. Casting and trolling was working especially. I caught about ten casting with some J-13 Rapala's. Black and gold, black and silver, and the fire tiger was working the best for me. My grandfather and his son also came in with two 26 inch monster walleye's.

Day 5, we headed up to Kwinkwaga Lake and from 5 to 8:30 p.m., my father, grandfather, his son, and myself tore up the walleye. We brought over 170 to the boat. We found a big school of them and they were definitely on the feed. The best fish out of the bunch was a 25 inch fish. My biggest of the trip was the first fish I caught of this bunch, a 21 1/8 incher. He weighed a little over 4 pounds. My grandfather's other son netted the biggest pike of the trip at 28 1/2 inches.

Day 6 was a little slower. We fished out a few pike in the weeds with some Rapala's and came in with 9 keepers.

We caught plenty of pike, but all were about average (20-25 inches). The walleye was a different story. My grandfather said he had never seen that many big walleye caught and he has been going for 30 years.

All in all, it was an outstanding trip that I will never forget.
Have you ever fished in the Perry Sound area. South of North Bay?
Walleye Wrote:Have you ever fished in the Perry Sound area. South of North Bay?

Sure haven't. Have always wanted to though. Have you been able to fish it?
Have been going to this area since the late 60's. My last trip was in the summer of 06. The lake we go to is located just out of the township of Loring, Ontario which is about 80 miles Southwest of North Bay.
Lake MeMeSagaMesing ( Me Me Sag a Me sing ) is noted for its good fishing for Lake Trout, Lm Bass, Walleye and Northern Pike. Several smaller lakes in the area that you can portage to.