Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What players in the 15th region has college potential?
Not in any order, Kelsey Jones, Taylor Watkins, Audrey Ray, Leigh Williams, Kelly Wagner, Kiana Hall, Bailey Hamilton, Rebecca Potter, Amy McCoy, and another hitter from Belfry that I'm not sure of her name. They all would do well playing college volleyball.
You mean NAIA right? Although they play their hardest, in their position most arent big enough to play NCAA. Should prob focus on the DS or Setter position if they want to play the teams in the NCAA.
I agree that they have the potential to play. and Leigh Williams and Rebekah Potter are the setter and ds. positions.
I think that they're are good enough players in the 15th region to play higher than the NAIA. They're some Division II or III schools that some of the players would be good enough to be recuited to.
lovethatvolley Wrote:Not in any order, Kelsey Jones, Taylor Watkins, Audrey Ray, Leigh Williams, Kelly Wagner, Kiana Hall, Bailey Hamilton, Rebecca Potter, Amy McCoy, and another hitter from Belfry that I'm not sure of her name. They all would do well playing college volleyball.

I agree with you on all of these girls. I think they would all do well playing volleyball in college.
Also, Ashley Castle is a wonderful setter & leader. I feel she would also do well in college.
& Allie Meade, by the time she's a junior or senior, she will be a great player as well, as she's already started varsity for 3 years & is now in 8th grade.
lovethatvolley Wrote:I think that they're are good enough players in the 15th region to play higher than the NAIA. They're some Division II or III schools that some of the players would be good enough to be recuited to.

That is great they are committed to the game and not to discourage any players, but keep in mind some (a lot) Div III colleges do not offer athletic scholarships, so in order to get to play, players must be able to qualify for academic scholarships. Work in the classroom is important, keep the test scores up and more possibilties will be available.
The trouble around here as far as girls wanting to play NCAA (II and I) is size. Front row players from here usually have a tough time at the next level. Except maybe some girls from Belfry because they usually have some height. But as far as libero and DS... this is a great place to recruit because girls around here work hard and every DS around here is anything but soft. Setters are ok but again a lot of college setters these days have height but it isnt absolutely necessary. Ashley Castle could play at the next level after some maturation that will come with age. The belfry hitters and that number 3(idk her name). And Potter from Allen Central could because shes a developed junior and is probably(not to upset anyone) the best libero in this region. I hear theres a decent player up at East Ridge but I'm not familiar with theri team.
Unlimited backrow subs NAIA...size/reach as da stated is the problem 94" + MB...higher for NCAA I is needed plus leaping ability. Just a couple of those in our region...none nowhere close to D1...I wish there was. Most the top front row players this year are MB...few OH. Look at the six DI schools in KY and their recruits/players.

The big problem is the majority of coaches don't recruit high schools...but club volleyball. They could see so many more players at these tournaments and use their budget monies wiser. A college coach could recruit every school east of Winchester or go to Louisville or NKY/Cincy area and find three times the players...same as other sports.

If a player is serious about playing on the next level, they should contact the school their interested in and go practice with them. That way they can see if they can catch up to the speed of the game on the next leve. This is allowable on the NAIA level. Even then coaches (good ones) will try to get them all the financial aid possible before dipping into their athletic fund.
Helpful info Tin Cup for those wanting to play volleyball at the next level. T
Beth Anders and Breanna Bentley from East Ridge, Sierra Little from Pikeville, and China Riddle from Shelby Valley are four that standout for me in terms of volleyball in the 15th. Anders recently was named the MaxPreps player of the week so with another good season I could see her getting an offer. I know she has played volleyball with the Warriors since 8th grade. Bre is reliable for many different aspects of the game. Little and Riddle are who come to mind when I think of volleyball from each of their schools. I am forgetting players from other great teams in this region but those four stick out in my mind.
I competley agree with you!
But, you forgot Branda Hamby from SF, not sure what number she is, but she is a great player to watch!
Ashley Castle from South Floyd has the most potential to play anywhere she wants. She is by far the best setter in this region, and maybe on this end of the state. Wait until she is a senior and watch the interest from college coaches, (big schools and small schools). She has a knack for this game that cannot be taught, it is almost like instinct for her. I just hope her grades are good enough for her to make the most out of her potential...
you are exactly right about Ashley Castle! Keep hitting the books and possiblities could be endless.
Ashley is a good player, but her heighth will prevent her from playing college volleyball. College coaches wants setters that can not only set the ball, but is tall enough to help block. If Ashley is interested in playing college volleyball, it would have to be a DS or libero.