Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soccer District? Does Perry and Hazard play first round?
From the scores that I have seen it looks like Letcher is tops in the district. With Perry and Hazard in 2nd and 3rd, with Jackson City and Buckhorn in 4th and 5th. Usually 4 and 5 plays to see who plays 1, that means Hazard/Perry should have to play to see who goes to the finals and gets to the Region. This could be a very entertaining game with all the crazy stuff going on in the county between these two schools. When does these games start?? Don't want to miss them.TongueirateSho
There is still a lot of soccer left to play. We have seen a crazy district. I thought Shelby Valley and Belfry is in our district? I also thought that Pikeville was also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Never mind, I saw the alignment. You are right Guru, it looks like this for the boys district standings.

1-Letcher Co Central-With a win over Perry Central and a tie, the cougars have one more game to go and that is against the Hazard Bulldogs, but own the tiebreaker with Perry which means they secure the #1 spot.
2-Perry Central-Have already played all the district games, and have no more left. That leaves them with the #2 spot.
3-Hazard- The Bulldogs still have two more games to go. One against Jackson City, and the other one against Letcher County Central. They secure the #3 spot.
4-Buckhorn-Hasn't won a game, and looks to be the #4 team

A question! On the KHSAA website the soccer alignment page has Jackson City in our region and in our district, but when you go to there page, it has them listed as under region 11. Which region and district is Jackson City?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

They are in our district and region now. They just must not have changed it on the team page. But, they are in our region.
Idk what u guys are talking about...the district isnt seeded this year...hazard and perry cant play each other so there has to be a draw to see who plays
They said the only time they will play is in the playoffs. If it come down to the playoffs, they have to play each other.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

yea if they draw each other...u guys were talking about seeding
Well if a 3 seed plays a 2 seed, and based on wins that is how it comes up, then they would have to play.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I really hope Perry an Hazard meet in district, that'll be a BARN BURNER!!!

Everyone should come watch these teams play, districts gonna be a battle.
If it was seeded ( Which it certainly is NOT this year ) than only the first game of the series would matter. You can play a team from your district 5 times in the year and only the first match up counts towards seeding.

But it's a draw. So let's hope for the Hazard Letcher Draw first game...
I may have been misinformed, but I was told it was seeded. Hazard had to forfeit to PCC due to them not wanting to play. Again, I could have been misinformed.
Bluecat Wrote:I may have been misinformed, but I was told it was seeded. Hazard had to forfeit to PCC due to them not wanting to play. Again, I could have been misinformed.

How could it be a forfeit when Hazard and PCC weren't scheduled to play this year? There are no forfeits shown on the KHSAA scoreboard.
Whatever the process is to determine who plays who in the tournament, if Perry and Hazard is set to play in the tournament then they have to play. The only time they will not play is regular season. They had the same issue in basketball, because Hazard and Perry played in regional tournament.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

The coaches had to vote on it last spring. Since this year it IS A DRAW then the majority of the coaches must have decided to draw.

Hazard also did not forfeit any games to PCC this year. If they would have had to play they would have, so PCC would have voted for a draw system so they didn't lose a game on their schedule. Hazard would also not want to lose a game they would have to forfeit. So that's two votes and Buckhorn would vote any way PCC would want them too. This way, at best, there would be 3 votes for a draw system.

This is half theory, Hazard could have voted for a seeded system but I don't see why they would since it would only make them play PCC earlier due to their forfeit. Also, Letcher would gain nothing from a draw and probably voted for a seeded tournament. If Jackson City voted, it wouldn't have mattered but I would say they would want a draw to hopefully get Hazard or the Horn.
Ok, my bad. I stated I may have been misinformed. Please excuse my previous post. Didn't mean to upset anyone. SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
When it comes down to it, if PCC and Hazard draw each other in the tournament, then they will play, it's their only option unless they want to just sit out
Hazard and PCC did draw each other and will play the first round of the district in both girls and boys.
thought pcc and hazard couldn't play each other?
Perry plays Hazard. winner of that plays Jackson City. winner of that goes to championship.
Buckhorn plays Letcher. winner of that goes on to play in championship.
Bck Wrote:thought pcc and hazard couldn't play each other?

They can play in tournaments such as district and regional. They just don't schedule any regular season games with each other.