Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky football game
I need some help guys! Ive never been to a kentucky football game and since its just me and my girlfriend i dont want to be totally lost and look like a ******, some information i need if you dont care

1.where do you park?
2. how much is parking
3. what is a parking pass? do i need one?
4. how early should i arrive for the game
5. any nice hotels int he area
6 will anyone else be attending the uk vs ul monroe game,

im sorry to be so lost in this matter, i think im making a big deal for no reason,

any help?
would section 136 row 26 be good tickets?
1.where do you park? Park anywhere on/between Tates Creek or Nicholasville Road. Do not park where you think you may get a ticket. Because they won’t hesitate to tow your vehicle.

2. how much is parking? It ranges from $5-20. Usually the closer you get to the stadium the more the price goes up.

3. what is a parking pass? do i need one? UK offers parking passes for different sections. I believe that there is 4 or 5 different lots you can park in but they are sold out. And if you buy one they'll cost you anywhere between $75-120.

4. how early should i arrive for the game? Get there about an hour and a half before the game if you just plan on getting to your seat. The Cat Walk is something I'd attend since its your first time. Just go outside of Gate 1 next to Cooper Drive about 2 hours or 1 hour and 45 minutes before the game. That's where you'll get to see the band, cheerleaders, mascot, players and coaches walk into the stadium.

5. any nice hotels int he area? I stay at the Hyatt Green. But there is a Red Roof Inn that isn't very expensive on the Nicholasville Road exit off of New Circle.
1.where do you park?- Parking around the stadium is restricted to those with passes, don't make the mistake of thinking you can go up Alumni Drive next to the stadium and find a parking spot. You will have to walk. My suggestion it to take New Circle to Harrodsburg Road, take Harrodsburg back in towards the city until you get to St. Joe's Hospital. make right at the light onto Waller Ave. between St. Joes and the Campbell House. Before you reach the railroad tracks ont he right there will be a building with a large parking lot and grassy area (it is used to be the Central Kentucky Blood Bank). Parking is usually cheap there (10-15 bucks) and you have plenty of room to tailgate if you wanna do your own thing, it is also walking distance to the Stadium (maybe 4 blocks). If you continue on Waller it eventually intersects with Nicholasville/Limestone. Before it merges there is a church that is set back off the road a little bit on the right off of Audubon Ave. This is my favorite place if you can get there early enough because it is affordable parking, they let you tailgate, and it is real close to the stadium, you also have restroom facilities in the church.
2. how much is parking- It is variable depending on how close you areto the stadium. If you aren't afraid to walk 4 or 5 blocks it will be 10-15 bucks, to park close to the stadium in someone's yard expect to pay 40-50 bucks. The church I mentioned used to be donation based.
3. what is a parking pass? do i need one? to park in a designated lot next to the stadium YES. If you want a parking pass this clsoe to the game be prepared to pay AT LEAST 150.00
4. how early should i arrive for the game Depends if you want to tailgate and take in the festivities. The "Cat Walk" is my personal favorite. it is when the fans greet the team as they walk into the stadium (link and map below) it begins at 9:45. As a rule of thumb I suggest trying to arrive at 9a.m. Just note traffic will be slow and you will probably have to walk. If I were going I would be planning to be at the intersection of Harrodsburg and Waller at 8:00 am so I could park at the church, set up my tailgate, catch the cat Walk, then walk back to finish tailgating. Also, I would advise being inside of Commonwealth at 11:20 so you don't miss UK entering the field, My Old Kentucky Home, Call to post, and the national Anthem
5. any nice hotels int he area- Yes... any of the downtown hotels (Hyatt, Hilton, etc), The Campbell House/Crown Plaza, and The University Inn are very clsoe but at this time are probably booked up and if not will cost a fortune. My advice is to try to find something around the interstate snd just drive there (Embassy Suites, Marriott, etc). I would also contact The Springs Inn off of harrdosburg Rd... pretty close but not nearly as publicized.

6 will anyone else be attending the uk vs ul monroe game, I won't..but it will be a much easier game for you to plan for because it wont be as crowded.

http://fbgameday.ukathletics.com/graphix...atwalk.pdf
Wildcatk23 Wrote:would section 136 row 26 be good tickets?

There is not a "bad seat" in Commonwealth.

[Image: http://gamedayapp.com/images/Commonwealt...gChart.gif]

You will be lower level in the corner of the endzone. Decent seats... the view will be slightly skewed due to the angle, but you will be able to see everything.
$40-50... talk about gettin ripped off.

Never seen any prices that high for parking. Most I've payed was $20 about a block away from the stadium.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:1.where do you park? Park anywhere on/between Tates Creek or Nicholasville Road. Do not park where you think you may get a ticket. Because they won’t hesitate to tow your vehicle.
TY

2. how much is parking? It ranges from $5-20. Usually the closer you get to the stadium the more the price goes up.
TY

3. what is a parking pass? do i need one? UK offers parking passes for different sections. I believe that there is 4 or 5 different lots you can park in but they are sold out. And if you buy one they'll cost you anywhere between $75-120.
Ty

4. how early should i arrive for the game? Get there about an hour and a half before the game if you just plan on getting to your seat. The Cat Walk is something I'd attend since its your first time. Just go outside of Gate 1 next to Cooper Drive about 2 hours or 1 hour and 45 minutes before the game. That's where you'll get to see the band, cheerleaders, mascot, players and coaches walk into the stadium.
Maybe, But Ty

5. any nice hotels int he area? I stay at the Hyatt Green. But there is a Red Roof Inn that isn't very expensive on the Nicholasville Road exit off of New Circle.
I was considering the hilton, about 180$ a night,. says it really close to rupp arena, see the thing is, we are staying the night after the game so should i really want something that close?

heres the tickets im thinking about buying

Event - Date Location Seating Qty Price Total
Commonwealth Stadium KY 228 - 34 2 $50.00 $100.00
Shipping Method:
Handling Fee: $5.00
Before Shipping Order Total: $105.0
wow, im going to have to print me some directions lol, going to be a long day

all this information is great, is it as hard as it sounds? or is it because its my first game?
Also, since this your first game a couple more noteworth things:
1. At the front of the stadium the UK Radio crew will be set up discussing the game for the "Countdown to Kickoff", they have bleachers there if you want to kill some time and listen to them, there also is usually tents right there with free food samples and games.
2. Avoid coming into the stadium on either Nicholasville or Alumni unless you are coming early. Usualy these roads get logjammed, especially around an hour before kickoff.
3. Wear blue... Coach brooks is asking everyone to leave their white, black, and pink shirts at home and just wear blue this week.
4. One of the best things I ever bought was a portable gass grill at Wal-Mart that uses the little propane tanks. It is only like 25.00 and the tanks are like 5.00 for 2 of them, but it works WONDERFUL. Easy to pack up, easy to clean, and grills hamburgers and dogs quick. Plus, if traffic is bad after the game and you are hungry it can come in handy too.
5. Port-o-potties are sprinkled around the parking lots surrounding the Stadium. Lex cops are pretty leniant about drinking, but be careful urinating in public.
6. You can take seat cushions in with you but they can't have arm rests. The bleachers are not real comfortable so I advise (especially for your GF's sake) taking either a seat cushion or a blanket/towell to sit on. You can also rent seat backs inside.
7. Concessions, just like any sporting event, are overpriced. The cokes are watered down. The food is bad. Strongly reccomend eating before you go in. Unless things ahev changed they do not accept palstic, it is cash only.....
8. ..... the ATM's inside the stadium are notorious for not working, have cash ahead of time.
9. Don't be surprised if you have cell phone coverage problems about an hour before game time.
10. You can't take food or drink into the game (except one sealed water bottle).
BlackcatAlum Wrote:$40-50... talk about gettin ripped off.

Never seen any prices that high for parking. Most I've payed was $20 about a block away from the stadium.

2007 season.. UL game, Florida Game, and LSU game. The houses right in front of the stadium on Nicholasville charge that much. It substantially decreases as you get about a block away in any direction.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:wow, im going to have to print me some directions lol, going to be a long day

all this information is great, is it as hard as it sounds? or is it because its my first game?

You'll get the hang of it... UK is considerably easier to plan for then some of the other SEC schools. It really comes down to how you want to spend your gameday. I view it as an all-day event.
yea but the GF might not lol, and that may cause problems, im true blue and shes a morehead fan since she attends there, im also going to midnight madness with a few friends so that should ease my worrying for the football game
EKUAlum05 Wrote:2007 season.. UL game, Florida Game, and LSU game. The houses right in front of the stadium on Nicholasville charge that much. It substantially decreases as you get about a block away in any direction.

That is where I parked for the 2007 Florida football game and was charged $20.
another good place to park is right across from Alpha Gama Rho, great thing is NOOOOOOOOOOO TRAFIC, however you have to get there early because of cops blocking the road down through there right at the Trannsy Entrance
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You'll get the hang of it... UK is considerably easier to plan for then some of the other SEC schools. It really comes down to how you want to spend your gameday. I view it as an all-day event.

Exactly. Everyone thinks Lexington is hard to naviagate around also, but it really isn't. Just get on New Circle and you will easily find your destination.
Best spot for parking (IMO) is at a school on Tates Creek, just past the Alumni Road intersection. Free parking and enough room to tailgate. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to Commonwealth.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Exactly. Everyone thinks Lexington is hard to naviagate around also, but it really isn't. Just get on New Circle and you will easily find your destination.

that is the best advice you could give anyone and as both of you said STAY CLEAR OF NICOLASVILLE...Tates Creek is the best place to find parking if you are getting there late and are worried about getting turned around on the back roads.
also here is the place I LOVE TO PARK if I can get there early enough 1548 College Way google map it turn to the and that is where dad and I usually park...turn 180 to the left and look at the poximety to the stadium that is free parking because no one is there to take up money lol...Best to get there about 4 hrs before game time if not then you sometimes cant make it through...check it out though
1306 Audubon Ave

That's the Church's address I mentioned above
BelfryPride Wrote:IMO, the best way to avoid trafic is to park at High street at Rupp Arena for free, walk down to the Vine Street entrance to Rupp, you may want to grab a bite to eat in the Lexington Center food court, they have Arbys,Subway,Chinese and A&W Root Beer restaurant. Anyway, Lextran has game shuttles, for $5 dollars (used to be $2) you get a round trip pass to the stadium and back after the game. There is some minor walking, but they basically let you off at the edge of all the tailgating areas, not a bad walk at all. I have a couple links or ya below...Go Cats!

Shuttle: http://fbgameday.ukathletics.com/shuttle.html

Gameday Central: http://fbgameday.ukathletics.com/

Hope this helps!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great experience have been one time i went last year to the western kentucky game it was awsome i bought my tickets from a season ticket holder that couldnt go so i got one of those nice seats that has the backs on it and cusion but i spent most of the night standing up' i sat in section 118 row 41 seat 16 i was in that corner endzone type seat but it was still awsome i am thinking of going to the mississippi state game but am not sure but when i went i payed 10 dollars to a little Christan school to park right there out beside the stadium its that little building on the right as you see the stadium in the distance walked about a mile but it was worth it which i would walk a 100 miles to see the cats
I've been to alot of games and loved everyone of them...have fun man. I've got tickets to the UF game.
i work 4 days a week at DQ, i dont make enough money in 2 weeks to get tickets to the florida game
So what did you think?
i didnt go to this game would have been one to go to, im going on oct 24 and to midnight madness