Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County? Whos The Best?
Boys and Girls

Whose your picks and why?
Pike County boys is loaded this year and honestly, 5 or 6 teams could win county this year...

South:::

DORTON of course has Cody Belecher, which could be the most dominate player in the county and could go off for 40 points against any team in the county, except maybe Johns Creek. However, the cast of players around him is not up to par with other county teams but if one player could win you county, the Wildcats currently have him.

ELKHORN was a very solid squad during summer ball and could upset any team in the county, but the south is loaded with four teams that could win county and Elkhorn returns a lot, but so does a lot of other teams.

FEDS CREEK now has Cameron Justice which rumors says is the best player in the county but that has yet to be seen. Feds Creek had a young back court to go along with Cameron, which could carry them to the county championship.

MILLARD lost a lot, maybe more then any other team in the county from what I have seen. They have some height still but they seem to lack athleticism which you must have this year. Most likey will come up on the both of the South this year.

VIRGIE returns one of the best players in the county (if not the best) from last year with Dalton. However, I believe there big man which was a major help last year is gone and Dalton will need someone to step up to support. If not, Dalton better get use to seeing a Box and 1.

North:::

BELFRY is the defending champions but lost by far the most talented center in the county last year when Messer graduated. Rumors that I have also heard is they had one of there returning big men transfer to Johns Creek or Mullins. Plus, they lost there coach which means a new system along with a B Team that was not that impressive last year. Belfry is a big question mark to start the season.

JOHNS CREEK returns a small but fast back court. Pew is gone and Meade, which was the team's best shooter (maybe only shooter) has high tailed to Mullins. However, Blankenship is as tall as Belcher from Dorton but has the bulk Belcher lacks. If he develops a little bit, Johns Creek will have the most dominate player the county has seen since Elijah a few years back. One additional plus, Johns Creek has a new coach which won a county championship last year.

KEMPER is a small school in a county full of small schools. Hate to say it, but they might have a shot at beating Phelps.

MULLINS is the most overlooked team in the county or most unknown. Dillion Meade could be the best player in the county. Along with his brother, a returning point guard and addition of Calab Meade, Mullins will be the best shooting team in the county, maybe 15th region. Also, a new school will bring many surprise transfers along with (only hear-say, do not know if this is true or not) Pikeville's new tuition, may give Mullins a decent inside game which would make them the deadliest team in the county.

PHELPS was young but did not see much of them last year. Do not expect much though.

PIKEVILLE is doing something from what I have been told they have not done in a long time, if ever. 6th and 7th graders will help to make up there A team roster which has the most talented (not dominate) center in the county this year, Austin Kidd. However, a very talented C team might get a lot of playing time on the A team bench. Pikeville will need Kidd and its talented class of 6th graders to take them anywhere.

Predictions

County Champion: Virgie

Runner Up: Johns Creek

South Standings-
1.Virgie
2.Feds Creek
3.Dorton
4.Elkhorn
5.Millard

North Standings-
1.Johns Creek
2.Mullins
3.Pikeville
4.Belfry
5.Phelps
6.Kemper

All County Team-
G - Cameron Justice (Feds Creek)
G - Dalton ? (Virgie)
F - Dillion Meade (Mullins)
F - Austin Kidd (Pikeville)
C - Cody Belcher
"VIRGIE returns one of the best players in the county (if not the best) from last year with Dalton. However, I believe there big man which was a major help last year is gone and Dalton will need someone to step up to support. If not, Dalton better get use to seeing a Box and 1."

Last name Richardson btw, Virgie did not lose a big man hes just in 7th grade (Andrew Newsome) last year was an all 7th grade team, few holdbacks and some 8th graders this year.No box and 1 needed here, too many weapons. even Dalton is in 7th grade. they are loaded with talent,great press D, great up-tempo style of play, solid bench, they have it all. they will win county with ease. Not to mention smartest coach in the county.and no sir, beltner will not drop 40 on anyone.

County Champions - Virgie

Runner Up- Pikeville

South
1virgie
2dorton
3 feds creek
4 millard
5 elkhorn

North
1 pikeville
2mullins
3belfry
4johns creek
5phelps
6kimper

All County Team

pg Camron Justice (Feds Creek)
sg Dillon Meade (Mullins)
sf Dalton richardson (Virgie)
pf Andrew Newsome (Virgie)
c Cody Beltner (Dorton)
Bench...(no particular order)
6Owen Caudill (Dorton)
7Austin Kidd (Pikeville)
8Caleb Meade (Mullins)
9Corey Hamilton(Virgie)
10Chandler Rowe (Virgie)
11Mason Bowling (Virgie)
12????? Blankenship (Johns Creek)
Bball fan, you wouldn't like to put pressure on a guy would you..............
Virgie has both big men back from last year. Virgie returns 6 of their players from last years runner up team and added Dalton Maldanado(transfer from Betsy Layne). Several other teams return key players this year. It will come down which team can stay injury free and peak at the right time.
If Virgie's big man returns, then Virgie is by far the best team in the county and adding the boy from Betsy Layne will help but the Betsy Layne boy will have to find his place. As for the rest of Virgie's team, I watched them play a few times last year and the only players that impressed me was Richardson and whatever you said there center's name was. However, I was present at a game in which Mullins last year ran a box and 1 on Dalton and I know he barely scored. Had Mullins had a center to compete last year against Virgie in that game, Mullins could have upset them. I believe this will be the case a lot this year too but I do not believe Virgie will simply run through the county as easily as people believe they will. With how loaded this county is, it may simply come down to the best coaching which would go to Virgie by previous record. There is a lot of young coaches in the county though who might know the game better then Rowe (I believe that is Virgie's coach's name), and one or two of them might step up and surprise people this year.
Dalton Maldanado transferred from Besty Layne to play for Virgie? That could turn out well since they lost O. Caudill to Dorton.

I don't so much agree that this is WIDE OPEN, but i do believe you have to take Feds Creek, Dorton, Virgie and MAYBE Elkhorn City serious.

Usually names Like Belfry and Pikeville are here but with Belfry losing Messer and Pikeville being in a rebuilding stage I think the county comes down to Virgie, Dorton, Feds Creek and Elkhorn, one of those 4 teams should win it and they are all in the South bracket. But keep in mind what new o said! It all depends on whose peaking and who can keep from getting key injuries.

The North bracket should come down to Johns Creek and Mullins. As i stated earlier Pikeville is rebuilding but they still have a decent team and i am sure they will make sure they are noticed come tournament time.
Bball fan you seem like you know a lot about basketball but you are wrong on one account.

Coach (Doe Doe)Rowe at Virgie, Coach Davis at Dorton, Coach (Billy)Rowe and with Keith May returning to Belfry are the best coaches in the county and know basketball, look at their records. Thats no slight on any of the young coaches in the county but thats a fact. Just because someone beats those guys doesn't mean they know more or are better coaches, it usually means the other guy had more talent......a lot more.

Middle school comes down to players, you either have them or you don't. You can develop talent, make them better players, and coach them up but you got to have talent.

Any of those guys can coach my son when the time comes.
I am very much looking forward to what Cameron Justice can bring to the Feds Creek Vikings. A player that goes overlooked is Johnny Miller. Tristan Harris can really play ball as well. There are a number of Feds Creek that can light them up so we'll see what a coach can turn the whole team into.
Elkhorn city
the big man from virgie is Andrew Newsome. i saw him the other day and he looked like he's gained alot of muscle this offseason.he plays hard every second he's in the game.i watched him alot this summer and i saw him get every rebound that came off the rim. he's also grown alot.watch out he could be a factor to virgie winning the county title this year.
yes. mason bowling and corey hamilton are deciding factors as well both can shoot the lights out
if virgie can play together this year they should not have any competition
:flush:
All predictions seem to point to Virgie however; I believe it could be Dorton and maybe Feds Creek. If Dalton Richardson has an off night then there are several teams who could knock them off just as Belfry did last season in the county championship. I am looking forward to getting starting and then all predictions go out the window. I would like to say thank you to all teams who participated in the team summer camp. The pike county teams that was represented was Dorton, EC, Pikeville, JC, Mullins, and Millard. Each team played around twenty games and I saw great improvement from all teams. The competition was excellent. Maybe next summer all county teams can play. Sleepers for this season: Mullins, Elkhorn City, and Pikeville.
Once the season gets underway then all bets are off.

The cream will rise to the top as it always does.

Virgie is the Favorite as long as they stay healthy. They lost last year to the Belfry Pirates in the County Championship and that makes them hungry. Coach Rowe will have his team motivated and If they stay HEALTHY they have to be the favorites.
I say virgie they have a solid 7 dalton dalton corey andrew mason chandler and john but i ave never saw dalton m play we will just see how everything goes.
County Champions - Virgie

Runner Up- Pikeville

South
1virgie
2dorton
3 feds creek
4 millard
5 elkhorn

North
1 pikeville
2mullins
3belfry
4johns creek
5phelps
6kimper

Looks good. May not finish exactly like this with seeding, but I bet this will be very close to reality in Feb.
warriors#55 Wrote:Elkhorn city

elkhorn? last place
LOL!! You know, Seabiscuit, you could be right.