Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
09-10 Floyd county
Pre-Season thoughts, in no particular order.
I think everyone knows BL will be the team to try to beat!!!

BL has alot of experience and will be a powerhouse!
A.C. will be a tough team with loads of talent. Thornsberry gives them a strong inside game to go with their guard play.
Adams will have alot to prove. Alot of questions, but I think they will be alot better than most of you think!
S.F. has potential to be a good team, Tyler brings alot to their team. IF there team can gel they will be good.
Wesley has some new players and a new coach, they have the ability to definetly win some games.
Allen also has a new coach. Several eighth graders returning. I think they will do alot better than they have in the past.
Stumbo has a few eighth graders and with numbers out to play they should be more competitive this season.
uhavenoidea Wrote:BL is the team to beat, until someone beats them, even though they lost Tyler.

SF has Tyler Daniels, Jimmy Helton, Blake Dean, Austin Bailey, all of which started last season at some point. Tyler is 6'2, and improved tremendously. Gotten alot faster.

Adams lost everyone besides Keens.

AC will be good with the addition of Corey T. and Handshoe staying back.

SF beat Wesley this summer with 2 players from Virgie and their team, without Dean and Bailey(SF's starting guards).

But Wesley will be better, with the addition of Ison and Kidd. SF also beat them 20+ both times this summer, without Dean, Helton or Bailey. When they played for MCA's team with Thornsberry and Zac Hall.

With that said.

Pre-Season

Team to Beat- Betsy Layne

Next in Line- AC and SF

Middle of the Road- Adams and Wesley

Bottom of the Heap- Allen and Stumbo
hey uhavenoidea your so called South Floyd team,only had 2 players from your school which those 2 players only had 6 points in that 20+ WIN the others were from virgie, prestonsburg high school not middle & knott central I have the book bub if you really want to look at it . So get your facts correct , like you tell everyone else.
South Floyd Coaching Staff

Rady Martin
Mason Hall
Bryon Hall (If they allow him to)
Dusty Tackett
So who's gonna start for BL and AC?

IMO, from last season, it would be.

Betsy Layne

Chase Hall
Blake Spencer
Peyton Case
Dylan Hamilton
Dustin Rogers

Allen Central

Junior Handshoe
Corey Thornsberry
Mason Nelson
Dillion Lawson
Dalton Lawson
Is there a schedule/ bracket for the Right Beaver Classic already?
Reanimate Wrote:This is correct. I'm not a BL fan, But if anybody thinks there gonna come close to BL, they need to wake up, cuz there dreaming. I dont care what school in Floyd County you are, BL is that good.

This post is right on the money! Good Post!:Clap:
Should be a great year of basketball !!!!!
Yea...if there all playing for second place lol.
I just hope the Bobcats can stay focused and keep the fire in their eyes. Lots of talent in the county and you never know who might surprise you on any cold winter night.
Lets remind ourselves that we are talking about kids here. They shouldn't have to deal with criticism this early in life, so lets watch what we say please. Thanks!
I agree with most of you on here. This is going to be a good year for basketball. There will be 4 or 5 schools, compete at a very high level. The end of the year could get interesting. I enjoy watching these kids, and agree we must remember these are kids we are talking about. Good luck to all the teams. Just one question, can anyone tell me when the right beaver classic starts. I have enjoyed this for years, and hope to watch some of the tourney this year. Thanks in advance for any info, and keep up the good post....
I think Ac and BL will be in the top 2 spots in my opinion AC has the better team but we will see what goes on during the season and hopefully ac will be on top. good luck rebels
Dalton and Dillon Lawson is really coming on. they've growed aboout 3 inches and outstanding with handleing the ball and should make a big impact for the a team and will dominate the b team for the rebels. good luck ac
They will start in my opinion

Junior Handshoe
Corey Thornsberry
Austin Sailsberry
Dalton Lawson
Thomas Hall
will be the starters for AC A-team then
Tyler Halbert
Dillon Lawson
Mason Nelson
Cameron Hamilton will see the floor alot too
Junior Handshoe(does he go to Adams Now)
Corey Thornsberry
Austin Sailsberry
Dalton Lawson
Cameron Hamilton
hands down bl will win the county if they work hard day in and day out at practice and out of practice...but any team in the county can beat bl if they dont come out and play...so good luck to all the teams and all the players hope its a fun and exciting year of basketball...
allen central will have a good solid team this year ...they will be a force to be reckened with in the county
I was impressed with our boys at wesley tonight! SF beat Feds Creek 54-53. I think SF is going to be good this year. go SF!
How about we all just shut up and let the players prove it on the court. Not with them and there parents on the internet tellling everyone how good they are.One can only show how good they are not tell how good you are so PROVE IT and not in writing.
Its early and I’m biased, but I think SF is going to be a contender this year. They look great so far! Beat Hindman & Pikeville tonight. Go SF!
adams-
d frazier
s little
g martin
j hall
t bays
s marcum
j crider
I think, the R B C tourn., is showing , there will be some good b-ball in floyd co. this year . Hats off to a really scrappy Mullins team .!!!!!!!!
8th+ champions. looks like alot of games. a,b,c, then,a+,b+. hope they can play all of these in a night.
Floyd's top talent: Shane Hall plays in Johnson County, which is a big loss for them.....but a huge gain for JCMS
cavs23 Wrote:i would rank floyd county like this
betsy layne:1:
allen central
adams
wesley
south floyd
allen
stumbo

what happened to allen central being number 2 adams beat them 53-34
bballer96 Wrote:what happened to allen central being number 2 adams beat them 53-34
we'll beat you by 20 when corey t- berry is back.
I'll have to agree that they'll beat you when Thornsberry is back.
But for now congrats Blackcats.
AC and Adams are both good teams. Thornsberry will be a great asset to their inside game. I think both teams will continue to get better. It will be interesting to see what happens when they meet again in January! Good luck to both teams this season!
we will just see about it when the time comes. Go Blackcats!