Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky is a disgrace!!
Where is all the so called UK fans this week who believe UK is still a disgrace.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Where is all the so called UK fans this week who believe UK is still a disgrace.
I'm wondering the same thing. We lose back-to-back games to the top 2 teams in the nation, and lose a close game on the road to South Carolina after losing our starting QB, and people are talking about not going to a bowl and preparing for next season. We win one game and people talk about 8-9 wins! If you're a fan, you're a fan! Don't throw in the towel after a loss or two. You keep the faith and stay optimistic. You don't call a team a "disgrace" one week, and talk of a 9-win season the next.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Its a disgrace how people say they are UK fans, but when we get beat they hate UK. A true fan sticks behind the Cats no matter how they play! Florida isn't the #1 team in the nation for nothing.

Someone else see that. I am not a UK fan, but i watch them play. I am a fan of football. When UK play UT, that is only game i am not a fan of UK.

GO VOLS... I know they are down right now. That is want a fan is, Behide the team when they down... Not only when they are winning.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I'm wondering the same thing. We lose back-to-back games to the top 2 teams in the nation, and lose a close game on the road to South Carolina after losing our starting QB, and people are talking about not going to a bowl and preparing for next season. We win one game and people talk about 8-9 wins! If you're a fan, you're a fan! Don't throw in the towel after a loss or two. You keep the faith and stay optimistic. You don't call a team a "disgrace" one week, and talk of a 9-win season the next.

UK can still make it to a bowl game. They got EKU and Louisiana-Monroe. That they should win. And they got Mississippi St, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee. That they can beat this year. They just have to win 3 of them to make it to a bowl game.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I'm wondering the same thing. We lose back-to-back games to the top 2 teams in the nation, and lose a close game on the road to South Carolina after losing our starting QB, and people are talking about not going to a bowl and preparing for next season. We win one game and people talk about 8-9 wins! If you're a fan, you're a fan! Don't throw in the towel after a loss or two. You keep the faith and stay optimistic. You don't call a team a "disgrace" one week, and talk of a 9-win season the next.

Great post, i cheer every game for uk as loud and hard as i can, the only reason i ever doubted brooks was because of the complete faith he had in hartline. And as soon as we play a game without him we beat a team we havent beat in forever because our defense completely dominated the number 1 offence in the SEC. do u know y? they wasnt tired of being on the field the whole game. Being a true blue isnt about winning or losing or even having faith in your team,. its about cheering them weather its 100-0 or 0-100.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Great post, i cheer every game for uk as loud and hard as i can, the only reason i ever doubted brooks was because of the complete faith he had in hartline. And as soon as we play a game without him we beat a team we havent beat in forever because our defense completely dominated the number 1 offence in the SEC. do u know y? they wasnt tired of being on the field the whole game. Being a true blue isnt about winning or losing or even having faith in your team,. its about cheering them weather its 100-0 or 0-100.
I totally agree. Even with the Hartline situation. A lot of people didn't like him, and didn't want him playing. Everyone had their arguments (you and I even had some disagreements), but you're never going to agree with any coach 100%. Nonetheless, you always pull for your team(s) as hard as you can. Even with Hartline in there, as much as you didn't like the guy, I bet you never wanted UK to lose or perform poorly just to see a QB change. Despite individual players and coaching decisions, you're either with your TEAM through everything, or you're not a fan at all!!!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I totally agree. Even with the Hartline situation. A lot of people didn't like him, and didn't want him playing. Everyone had their arguments (you and I even had some disagreements), but you're never going to agree with any coach 100%. Nonetheless, you always pull for your team(s) as hard as you can. Even with Hartline in there, as much as you didn't like the guy, I bet you never wanted UK to lose or perform poorly just to see a QB change. Despite individual players and coaching decisions, you're either with your TEAM through everything, or you're not a fan at all!!!

Exactly, Everytime hartline would throw a Touchdown i would be screaming nice catch mathews or nice catch cobb, and then say well maybe hartline will turn the corner. and then when he would throw an interception i would scream and cuss about how we need to give someone else a shot, but never once did i want him to perform bad. I feel really sorry for the kid i really do but i see kentucky football leaving him for good. Football is a fan sport, it really is. And i love it. Come saturday morning im either trying to call in and telling my boss im sick or trying to listen to the radiocast. Ive seen so called fans ask me did we win yesterday or last week. You shouldnt have to ask me if your a true fan. My Girlfriend will have to set and watch me watch UK, That dedicated to something that you love makes you a fan, not someone who goes out and buys the 2009-2010 8th National Championship shirt from walmart and doesnt know 3 people on the team.
Let them hate, i just remember posting i believe it was after the SC loss that we could very well still win 8 games this year, i dont know what the big fuss was about. We lost 3 games we were SUPPOSED to lose. Coach Brooks and the team showed the nation and the fans this weekend that they have some real heart and a pair. Theyre not going to quit and watch them win 8 this year