Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky is a disgrace!!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:First of all I have nothing but respect for WVU...but COME ON! Bill Stewart took over a top 10 team, while Brooks took over a dead program..And I mean this program was DEAD. Bill Stewart is a decent coach, yes, but he had twice as much to work with, in a weaker conference than Brooks did. Put WVU in the SEC and see how many BCS bowls they go too. WVU would be right there where UK is, a 3-5 or 2-6 conference team every year..

Amen.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:First of all I have nothing but respect for WVU...but COME ON! Bill Stewart took over a top 10 team, while Brooks took over a dead program..And I mean this program was DEAD. Bill Stewart is a decent coach, yes, but he had twice as much to work with, in a weaker conference than Brooks did. Put WVU in the SEC and see how many BCS bowls they go too. WVU would be right there where UK is, a 3-5 or 2-6 conference team every year..

Well, you guys know exactly what the SEC works with. You guys are the Conference whipping boys. WVU beat the best the SEC threw at us in the Sugar Bowl in 06. We jumped off to a 28-0 lead. Greg Blue is STILL looking the Georgia Dome over for his jock. Until the loss to Auburn, WVU had won 5 straight from the SEC THIS DECADE. You guys have won that many in three years. :lmao:
Guys come on, if we win 6 or 7 games, and go to another bowl, and win it, would it be that bad? The way I see it, going to any bowl game is a successful season when it comes to Kentucky football. A few upsets alone the way is cool, but just to get to a bowl and win it is a successful season for me. Until we are consistently competitive in the SEC East this is all we have to look for is any bowl. How many bowl games did we win before Brooks came here in a row?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Guys come on, if we win 6 or 7 games, and go to another bowl, and win it, would it be that bad? The way I see it, going to any bowl game is a successful season when it comes to Kentucky football. A few upsets alone the way is cool, but just to get to a bowl and win it is a successful season for me. Until we are consistently competitive in the SEC East this is all we have to look for is any bowl. How many bowl games did we win before Brooks came here in a row?
I agree 100%!!! Until they can show some consistency, which is more difficult than people realize, just going to a bowl is a success for me.
I would like to see Kentucky and one of these loud mouth programs in the sorounding states (Ohio State-West Virginia- Virginia Tech) Switch their schedules one year i would bet Kentucky would be in the national championship or at the very least a BCS bowl. while the loudmouths would be begging for mercy. what kills brooks and UK is the SEC schedule im pretty sure some NFL teams would have trouble playing in the SEC. it is just on a different level than the other conferences. The hits are harder the boys are faster and the coaches are smarter. i would love to see us play WVU i would say we beat them but it seems to me that SEC teams only play hard against other SEC teams. but the loudmouths will have at this and call me stupid but it is my opinion lol.
Quote-Well, you guys know exactly what the SEC works with. You guys are the Conference whipping boys. WVU beat the best the SEC threw at us in the Sugar Bowl in 06. We jumped off to a 28-0 lead. Greg Blue is STILL looking the Georgia Dome over for his jock. Until the loss to Auburn, WVU had won 5 straight from the SEC THIS DECADE. You guys have won that many in three years

You have a good record but you play in a pansy conference its different when all the SEC teams bring their A-Game against you and you have to play these teams week in and week out. i would like to see WVU have to play florida and alabama back to back then have to go to SC and auburn. they wight win 1 game. maybe
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I would like to see Kentucky and one of these loud mouth programs in the sorounding states (Ohio State-West Virginia- Virginia Tech) Switch their schedules one year i would bet Kentucky would be in the national championship or at the very least a BCS bowl. while the loudmouths would be begging for mercy. what kills brooks and UK is the SEC schedule im pretty sure some NFL teams would have trouble playing in the SEC. it is just on a different level than the other conferences. The hits are harder the boys are faster and the coaches are smarter. i would love to see us play WVU i would say we beat them but it seems to me that SEC teams only play hard against other SEC teams. but the loudmouths will have at this and call me stupid but it is my opinion lol.

Even though UK leads the all time series with WVU 11-8, we have not played each other since 1983. Our last regular season meeting was 1979. WVU won both meetings. All Mitch Barnhart has to do is call Eddie Pastilong. I am sure a home and home deal would happen between UK and WVU.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Quote-Well, you guys know exactly what the SEC works with. You guys are the Conference whipping boys. WVU beat the best the SEC threw at us in the Sugar Bowl in 06. We jumped off to a 28-0 lead. Greg Blue is STILL looking the Georgia Dome over for his jock. Until the loss to Auburn, WVU had won 5 straight from the SEC THIS DECADE. You guys have won that many in three years

You have a good record but you play in a pansy conference its different when all the SEC teams bring their A-Game against you and you have to play these teams week in and week out. i would like to see WVU have to play florida and alabama back to back then have to go to SC and auburn. they wight win 1 game. maybe

UK has not beaten Florida in nearly 30 years. It has been forever since UK has beaten Tennessee. Last year, UK was a steller 0-5 vs the SEC east. And you call our Conference panzy??? UK fans have no room to talk smack. Your three straight bowl wins over bottom feeder Asheshe teams Clemson and 1/2 Florida State along with CtheUSA chump ECU does not give UK any bragging rights.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Even though UK leads the all time series with WVU 11-8, we have not played each other since 1983. Our last regular season meeting was 1979. WVU won both meetings. All Mitch Barnhart has to do is call Eddie Pastilong. I am sure a home and home deal would happen between UK and WVU.
I would love it we need a new rival since the passing of the Indiana Kentucky Game we just don't have a border battle we are competitive in. U know the friends of coal bowl could replace marshall with UK and Voila u have the 2 largest coal producing states battleing it out on the grid-iron and then you can extend it to B-Ball and play at a neutral site in say huntington or charleston. we should petition both AD's lol
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I would love it we need a new rival since the passing of the Indiana Kentucky Game we just don't have a border battle we are competitive in. U know the friends of coal bowl could replace marshall with UK and Voila u have the 2 largest coal producing states battleing it out on the grid-iron and then you can extend it to B-Ball and play at a neutral site in say huntington or charleston. we should petition both AD's lol

I would give anything to get the Flounding Herd off our football schedule. But, like your Guv mandated UK vs Louisville, we are stuck with Huntington Community College. However, if WVU can play Maryland every year, then we can also play UK in football and basketball. Charleston only holds 15K and Marshall holds 38K. Any WVU/UK series should be home and home.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I would give anything to get the Flounding Herd off our football schedule. But, like your Guv mandated UK vs Louisville, we are stuck with Huntington Community College. However, if WVU can play Maryland every year, then we can also play UK in football and basketball. Charleston only holds 15K and Marshall holds 38K. Any WVU/UK series should be home and home.
I meant the neutral site for B-Ball. and the big east is the worst BCS conference. And i still think we should petition them.
Is someone really talking trash to UK when they support a garbage team like WVU?
This entire topic has been complete ignorance.

People trashing our coaches? Really?

People do realize that our defense has finished in the top 20 the last 4 years under Brown? Imagine if we played in a weak conference like the Big East, Big 10, or ACC, definitely top 5.

Yeah we struggle offensively because we had some recruits mess up. If Pulley was our QB, last year and this year we would be looking 10 times better. Now we have to wait on Mossakowski for next season. People always mention Newton but Moss is the real deal. Better arm, accuracy, and is extremely mobile, 4.6 speed. Tall and good size. Moss's arm is unreal, Ive seen the kid throw, and he throws about as far as Lorenzen, but with Couch accuracy. He will be the best QB to ever play for UK.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:UK has not beaten Florida in nearly 30 years. It has been forever since UK has beaten Tennessee. Last year, UK was a steller 0-5 vs the SEC east. And you call our Conference panzy??? UK fans have no room to talk smack. Your three straight bowl wins over bottom feeder Asheshe teams Clemson and 1/2 Florida State along with CtheUSA chump ECU does not give UK any bragging rights.

A bowl win is a bowl win. Money is money, and the bling is bling. They earned the right to go to those bowl, and they won those bowls players or no players. The extra time practicing for the past three years after the end of the season really helped us, and how much money did UK get that they normally would not have gotten for those three bowl games. That money went back to the football program.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Moss? Who are you talking about?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Moss? Who are you talking about?

Ryan Mossokowski. One of our freshman QBs.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Well, you guys know exactly what the SEC works with. You guys are the Conference whipping boys. WVU beat the best the SEC threw at us in the Sugar Bowl in 06. We jumped off to a 28-0 lead. Greg Blue is STILL looking the Georgia Dome over for his jock. Until the loss to Auburn, WVU had won 5 straight from the SEC THIS DECADE. You guys have won that many in three years. :lmao:
First of all, the "you guys are the Kentucky fans". I'M AN Alabama fan of over 25 years. Second of all, I dont know whether to laugh at you and your posts or encourage you to stop smoking weed before you post some of the most ridiculous, and flat out stupid garbage Ive ever read. Typical West Virginia fan. Wanna talk about the past? UK and their inferior program STILL holds an 11-8 series lead on YOU GUYS. And congrats on beating the SEC five times in a row UNTIL AUBURN. Lets see you do that in a SEASON, not a decade. Its different when you beat Syracuse 38-24 every week, and THEN you get to beat Mississippi State. And about the past, you got whipped by a team that went 2-6 in the conference last season. And I hate Auburn, but they still beat your *****. Yeah, 2-6. So about the rankings this season. There are six teams in the top 25, and Georgia at 26th. Not too shabby. Oh yeah, the conference has 3 straight BCS championships, 4 of the past 6, and 5 out of the 11 since we began the whole BCS thing, and I would bet you a West Virginia quarter (two dimes and a nickel taped together) that we make it six this year. How many has the Big Least won? Still wanna join our conference? C'mon and join. You would be on the same level as UK, you know, THOSE guys. You would be a homecoming or senior night game for Bama, Florida or LSU. And based on current conference affiliation, the SEC has a 98-58-9 all time mark against the Big Least. And many of those games, were homecoming and senior night games Big Grin C'mon man, and the 2006 Sugar Bowl? lol..wasnt that the same year that George Mason beat out WhoConn to go to the final four? Every underdog enjoys success against the big boys EVERY NOW AND THEN.

Oh yeah, congrats on the enormous win over Colorado. That would have been a huge win..................in 1991. One of the worst teams in the country and you all struggled with them..at home, lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:First of all, the "you guys are the Kentucky fans". I'M AN Alabama fan of over 25 years. Second of all, I dont know whether to laugh at you and your posts or encourage you to stop smoking weed before you post some of the most ridiculous, and flat out stupid garbage Ive ever read. Typical West Virginia fan. Wanna talk about the past? UK and their inferior program STILL holds an 11-8 series lead on YOU GUYS. And congrats on beating the SEC five times in a row UNTIL AUBURN. Lets see you do that in a SEASON, not a decade. Its different when you beat Syracuse 38-24 every week, and THEN you get to beat Mississippi State. And about the past, you got whipped by a team that went 2-6 in the conference last season. And I hate Auburn, but they still beat your *****. Yeah, 2-6. So about the rankings this season. There are six teams in the top 25, and Georgia at 26th. Not too shabby. Oh yeah, the conference has 3 straight BCS championships, 4 of the past 6, and 5 out of the 11 since we began the whole BCS thing, and I would bet you a West Virginia quarter (two dimes and a nickle taped together) that we make it six this year. How many has the Big Least won? Still wanna join our conference? C'mon and join. You would be on the same level as UK, you know, THOSE guys. You would be a homecoming or senior night game for Bama, Florida or LSU. And based on current conference affiliation, the SEC has a 98-58-9 all time mark against the Big Least. And many of those games, were homecoming and senior night games Big Grin C'mon man, and the 2006 Sugar Bowl? lol..wasnt that the same year that George Mason beat out WhoConn to go to the final four? Every underdog enjoys success against the big boys EVERY NOW AND THEN.

Oh yeah, congrats on the enormous win over Colorado. That would have been a huge win..................in 1991. One of the worst teams in the country and you all struggled with them..at home, lol.

Beautiful!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:First of all, the "you guys are the Kentucky fans". I'M AN Alabama fan of over 25 years. Second of all, I dont know whether to laugh at you and your posts or encourage you to stop smoking weed before you post some of the most ridiculous, and flat out stupid garbage Ive ever read. Typical West Virginia fan. Wanna talk about the past? UK and their inferior program STILL holds an 11-8 series lead on YOU GUYS. And congrats on beating the SEC five times in a row UNTIL AUBURN. Lets see you do that in a SEASON, not a decade. Its different when you beat Syracuse 38-24 every week, and THEN you get to beat Mississippi State. And about the past, you got whipped by a team that went 2-6 in the conference last season. And I hate Auburn, but they still beat your *****. Yeah, 2-6. So about the rankings this season. There are six teams in the top 25, and Georgia at 26th. Not too shabby. Oh yeah, the conference has 3 straight BCS championships, 4 of the past 6, and 5 out of the 11 since we began the whole BCS thing, and I would bet you a West Virginia quarter (two dimes and a nickel taped together) that we make it six this year. How many has the Big Least won? Still wanna join our conference? C'mon and join. You would be on the same level as UK, you know, THOSE guys. You would be a homecoming or senior night game for Bama, Florida or LSU. And based on current conference affiliation, the SEC has a 98-58-9 all time mark against the Big Least. And many of those games, were homecoming and senior night games Big Grin C'mon man, and the 2006 Sugar Bowl? lol..wasnt that the same year that George Mason beat out WhoConn to go to the final four? Every underdog enjoys success against the big boys EVERY NOW AND THEN.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Im a true blue wildcat fan and a sec fan. remember in the sec we hate each other but we hate everybody else more.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:First of all, the "you guys are the Kentucky fans". I'M AN Alabama fan of over 25 years. Second of all, I dont know whether to laugh at you and your posts or encourage you to stop smoking weed before you post some of the most ridiculous, and flat out stupid garbage Ive ever read. Typical West Virginia fan. Wanna talk about the past? UK and their inferior program STILL holds an 11-8 series lead on YOU GUYS. And congrats on beating the SEC five times in a row UNTIL AUBURN. Lets see you do that in a SEASON, not a decade. Its different when you beat Syracuse 38-24 every week, and THEN you get to beat Mississippi State. And about the past, you got whipped by a team that went 2-6 in the conference last season. And I hate Auburn, but they still beat your *****. Yeah, 2-6. So about the rankings this season. There are six teams in the top 25, and Georgia at 26th. Not too shabby. Oh yeah, the conference has 3 straight BCS championships, 4 of the past 6, and 5 out of the 11 since we began the whole BCS thing, and I would bet you a West Virginia quarter (two dimes and a nickel taped together) that we make it six this year. How many has the Big Least won? Still wanna join our conference? C'mon and join. You would be on the same level as UK, you know, THOSE guys. You would be a homecoming or senior night game for Bama, Florida or LSU. And based on current conference affiliation, the SEC has a 98-58-9 all time mark against the Big Least. And many of those games, were homecoming and senior night games Big Grin C'mon man, and the 2006 Sugar Bowl? lol..wasnt that the same year that George Mason beat out WhoConn to go to the final four? Every underdog enjoys success against the big boys EVERY NOW AND THEN.

:zzz:

Here's a quarter (or two dimes and a nickel taped together), call someone who cares.
Dangerous dan you got smoked alive son:ChairHit::ChairHit::ChairHit:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote::zzz:

Here's a quarter (or two dimes and a nickel taped together), call someone who cares.

You should probally call someone to come get you. Tide just smoked you sh>> Smile
catwoman Wrote:Dangerous dan you got smoked alive son:ChairHit::ChairHit::ChairHit:

:lmao:
Im not saying Uk should have beat Florida or Alabama....but they could have played much better....how many interceptions has hartline thrown....two words for the solution MORGAN NEWTON....this kid is unreal...he WILL make mistakes, noone is perfect...but it cant hurt to play the kid he cant do alot worse than hartline....they say the reason that hartline plays so much is audibles and he knows the plays...well how many good QBs tebow or peyton manning or something...audible for a running play and loose yards...when peyton audibles he throws 60 yards for a TD....hartline either throws the ball 10 feet behind or in front of the reciever or forgets what color he is and throws it to the wrong team....MORGAN NEWTON will get yards not the other team UK will get yards...I watched this kid play as a senior in HS he was amazing....
Also you have good athletes like Cobb, Locke, newton who can play football and hartline is in the way...
Play Morgan Newton
theVILLE Wrote:Im not saying Uk should have beat Florida or Alabama....but they could have played much better....how many interceptions has hartline thrown....two words for the solution MORGAN NEWTON....this kid is unreal...he WILL make mistakes, noone is perfect...but it cant hurt to play the kid he cant do alot worse than hartline....they say the reason that hartline plays so much is audibles and he knows the plays...well how many good QBs tebow or peyton manning or something...audible for a running play and loose yards...when peyton audibles he throws 60 yards for a TD....hartline either throws the ball 10 feet behind or in front of the reciever or forgets what color he is and throws it to the wrong team....MORGAN NEWTON will get yards not the other team UK will get yards...I watched this kid play as a senior in HS he was amazing....
Also you have good athletes like Cobb, Locke, newton who can play football and hartline is in the way...
Play Morgan Newton

:worthy: Ahh, a person of reason puts the delusional UK fans in their place.

Look, I know Florida and LSU have won the past three BCS titles. But, just because UK is in the same conference as Florida and LSU does not make UK a BCS contender. That 13-9 loss to Pitt still hurts. But, we still beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. UK has not even SMELLED a BCS bowl.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote::worthy: Ahh, a person of reason puts the delusional UK fans in their place.

Look, I know Florida and LSU have won the past three BCS titles. But, just because UK is in the same conference as Florida and LSU does not make UK a BCS contender. That 13-9 loss to Pitt still hurts. But, we still beat Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. UK has not even SMELLED a BCS bowl.

No where did I say UK was BCS contender....and coming from a Ville fan you all just barely beat us this year....thats sad....Hartline is horrible....why not try Newton....cmon he will make mistakes but hartline does too...and probably alot more than Morgan would....

ZING!!!

Awesome post, and I notice he had no comeback for you either.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
theVILLE Wrote:No where did I say UK was BCS contender....and coming from a Ville fan you all just barely beat us this year....thats sad....Hartline is horrible....why not try Newton....cmon he will make mistakes but hartline does too...and probably alot more than Morgan would....
No what's sad is that Louisville had the UK game circled on their schedule as the most important game of the year for them. That little fact was reported by the Courier Journal.

Biggest game of the year for UL and with UK playing bad, they still couldnt win.

And this WVU fan in here trying to cause a stir.. Man your conf sucks in football. Half of the teams in your conf don't even have a team. The three best teams you had left to go to the ACC.
coach brookss and hartline is the disgrace not kentucky
logmountainboy64 Wrote:coach brookss and hartline is the disgrace not kentucky
Hartline? Done good without him in there today didn't we? No what the disgrace is is fans like you who don't really watch the games because if you did you would realize the UK doesn't tackle, we make stupid penalties, and we can't catch the ball. Hartline isn't the best but it ain't all on him.
Oh come on guys why be so negitive. These young men are really trying their best. The record does not reflect the heart and soul of the team. No matter the record, they will go on to become awesome young men. They are extraordinary young men on and off the field. Long after the sting of the game fades, these men will have gone on to be successful adults. I have to give props to anyone that will get up most days and wear the blue. Congratulations to the team for their hard work and for that we can all be proud of regardless of the score. We are all winners in the end.
By the way fruit snakes and juices boxes are served after every game:eyeroll: