Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 All Classes
1. Highlands (5A)- Defeated nationally ranked Cincy St. X, Birds are clearly the class of the Commonwealth right now.

2. St. Xavier (6A)- Clear cut #2 IMO, have looked more impressive than Trinity.

3. Trinity (6A)- For all intensive purposes a "down year" for the Rocks, yet they are still an elite level team.

4. Bowling Green (5A)- Only loss was a 9-0 defeat on the road vs. Trinity

5. John Hardin (5A)- Undefeated and have been rolling along quite nicely.

6. Bell County (4A)- Only loss was to a nationally ranked Alcoa (TN) squad, have dominated KY competition.

7. Boyle County (4A)- The Rebels are back and have crushed some good teams thusfar.

8. Ft. Campbell (2A)- Falcons are the best of the best in KY small school football

9. Lou. Fern Creek (6A)- Only loss was to very good Franklin, TN team.. they have impressive wins over Eastern, Manual, Seneca, and Meade County

10. Ashland Blazer (5A)- The most shocking name on the list, Tomcats are not only undefeated but have top quality wins over Belfry, Russell, and Ironton (OH).

FWIW, if I had to carry it out to a Top 25
11. Owensboro (5A)
12. Lou. Male (6A)
13. Lou. Central (3A)
14. Christian County (5A)
15. Lone Oak (4A)
16. LexCath (4A)
17. LCA (1A)
18. Lex. Bryan Station (5A)
19. Lou. Manual (6A)
20. Shelby County (6A)
21. Henry Clay (6A)
22. Simon Kenton (6A)
23. Anderson County (5A)
24. Prestonsburg (2A)
25. Mason County (3A)
I like yours EKU, but I do not think that Ashland should be in the top 10 regardless of class. Think about it, if they where in class 6A they wouldn't even be a top 15 team IMO.
Thats a good list i would only place Boyle ahead of Bell and place both teams ahead of John Hardin.
imo, bryan station should be number 1, look at what we did to highlands last year, and we have improved alot since then and we would def. beat them if we played them..And yes i play for bryan station..
Ballard should be on this list somewhere.
Yes. Bryan Station should be # 1. That is the first thing to make me laugh since before the Pburg game Friday.
Ashland should not be number 10 overall. Over than that it seems pretty close.
Defender64` Wrote:imo, bryan station should be number 1, look at what we did to highlands last year, and we have improved alot since then and we would def. beat them if we played them..And yes i play for bryan station..
Sure why not? Go ahead and add Bishop Brossart to the list as well?????
I really hope you are kidding!
1. Highlands
2. St. Xavier
3. Trinity
4. Bowling Green
5. Henry Clay
6. Ryle
7. Boyle Co
8. Fern Creek
9. Simon Kenton
10. Male
kywldcat01 Wrote:1. Highlands
2. St. Xavier
3. Trinity
4. Bowling Green
5. Henry Clay
6. Ryle
7. Boyle Co
8. Fern Creek
9. Simon Kenton
10. Male

I know bluegrassrivals is quite biased, being it only talks about Northern Kentucky teams just about, but where is Fort Campbell in your listed top ten? They beat warren central with ease 49-7, and i heard some say that FC is better then bowling green and Warren Central plays Bowling Green every year. 6-0 team, over 300 points scored and has only gave up 53 points, they have to be in the top ten if not the top five.
4thndinches Wrote:I know bluegrassrivals is quite biased, being it only talks about Northern Kentucky teams just about, but where is Fort Campbell in your listed top ten? They beat warren central with ease 49-7, and i heard some say that FC is better then bowling green and Warren Central plays Bowling Green every year. 6-0 team, over 300 points scored and has only gave up 53 points, they have to be in the top ten if not the top five.

Fort Campbell is a top 10 team in Kentucky this year, regardless of class. Just not much discussion about them on here, but we welcome it with open arms.
4thndinches Wrote:I know bluegrassrivals is quite biased, being it only talks about Northern Kentucky teams just about, but where is Fort Campbell in your listed top ten? They beat warren central with ease 49-7, and i heard some say that FC is better then bowling green and Warren Central plays Bowling Green every year. 6-0 team, over 300 points scored and has only gave up 53 points, they have to be in the top ten if not the top five.

I actually forgot all about Ft. Campbell.

Revised top 10:

1. Highlands
2. St. X
3. Trinity
4. Bowling Green
5. Henry Clay
6. Ft. Campbell
7. Ryle
8. Boyle Co
9. Fern Creek
10. Simon Kenton
kywldcat01 Wrote:I actually forgot all about Ft. Campbell.

Revised top 10:

1. Highlands
2. St. X
3. Trinity
4. Bowling Green
5. Henry Clay
6. Ft. Campbell
7. Ryle
8. Boyle Co
9. Fern Creek
10. Simon Kenton

:thanks: probably because they're a small school, but they do beat big teams and do big things, 3-0 vs TN teams this year, and in there scrimmage against Christian County they proved that Christian County was no match for them.
4thndinches Wrote::thanks: probably because they're a small school, but they do beat big teams and do big things, 3-0 vs TN teams this year, and in there scrimmage against Christian County they proved that Christian County was no match for them.

Let the record show I had Ft. Campbell in my Top 10 Big Grin

Seriously, it seems FCHS has gotten better each year over the past 5 or 6 years.

Revised top 10:

1. Highlands
2. St. X
3. Trinity
4. Bowling Green
5. Henry Clay
6. Ft. Campbell
7. Ryle
8. Boyle Co
9. Fern Creek
10. Simon Kenton

EKUAlum05 Wrote:Let the record show I had Ft. Campbell in my Top 10 Big Grin

Seriously, it seems FCHS has gotten better each year over the past 5 or 6 years.

Since the Micah Johnson era Fort Campbell knew winning state and becoming a premier team in Kentucky was reachable and have stepped it up every year, but i think this years team is by far the best team, loaded with athletes on both sides of the ball, and if you take a look at there roster you wouldn't believe they are a 2a team.
looks good to me
4thndinches Wrote:Since the Micah Johnson era Fort Campbell knew winning state and becoming a premier team in Kentucky was reachable and have stepped it up every year, but i think this years team is by far the best team, loaded with athletes on both sides of the ball, and if you take a look at there roster you wouldn't believe they are a 2a team.

I'd like to see Ft. Campbell play some of the big boys like Highlands, Trinity, or St. X. I still think they're a premier program, regardless of the outcome, but I think it would really help both parties involved.

Wow, how the perception has changed. When I joined, all everyone thought was that we just talked about EKY teams.....:biggrin:

Revised top 10:

1. Highlands
2. St. X
3. Trinity
4. Bowling Green
5. Henry Clay
6. Ft. Campbell
7. Ryle
8. Boyle Co
9. Fern Creek
10. Simon Kenton

This looks good, I like the addition of FC, but still not convinced they would beat the 6A schools. That's no knock, just that the numbers that the 6A team listed below them have on both sides of the ball. I see FC 8-10.

As for ealier posts with Ashland, after seeing what an average Campbell County team did to them early this season, even though it was a scrimmage, you could see that there was a tremendous difference in overall talent. Again, like my comment about FC, Ashland has great athletes, but not the number that would be needed to be the other big schools in a mythical top 10.
Stardust Wrote:This looks good, I like the addition of FC, but still not convinced they would beat the 6A schools. That's no knock, just that the numbers that the 6A team listed below them have on both sides of the ball. I see FC 8-10.

As for ealier posts with Ashland, after seeing what an average Campbell County team did to them early this season, even though it was a scrimmage, you could see that there was a tremendous difference in overall talent. Again, like my comment about FC, Ashland has great athletes, but not the number that would be needed to be the other big schools in a mythical top 10.

And they had Rashard Carter still back then.
lmao who? there opponents have won 5 games i think i don't feel like looking it up. but top talent like a winless mercer wow what a win. and mighty Paris cant forget about that colossal victory. maybe we have different views of top talent. Dont spit how many A,s they have either be it 1A or 6A the only play with 11. Reese--sorry Boyle county has played NO ONE.
bchater Wrote:lmao who? there opponents have won 5 games i think i don't feel like looking it up. but top talent like a winless mercer wow what a win. and mighty Paris cant forget about that colossal victory. maybe we have different views of top talent. Dont spit how many A,s they have either be it 1A or 6A the only play with 11. Reese--sorry Boyle county has played NO ONE.

Boyle hasn't played Paris...Johnson Central, Rockcastle, Pikeville, Mercer, Danville. True, these teams haven't had great years but the games haven't been close either. Lafayette, Lex Cath, Christian Co are on the tail end of the schedule though. Those teams should improve the strength of schedule and help determine where Boyle falls on this list.
bchater Wrote:lmao who? there opponents have won 5 games i think i don't feel like looking it up. but top talent like a winless mercer wow what a win. and mighty Paris cant forget about that colossal victory. maybe we have different views of top talent. Dont spit how many A,s they have either be it 1A or 6A the only play with 11. Reese--sorry Boyle county has played NO ONE.

:please: You need to get over it and move on. Everyone can tell that you know nothing about Boyle County Football.
Hilbily Wrote:Thats a good list i would only place Boyle ahead of Bell and place both teams ahead of John Hardin.
This is the only good rankings i have senn Bell is were they need to be above Boyle but they both need to be ahead of John Hardin
logmountainboy64 Wrote:This is the only good rankings i have senn Bell is were they need to be above Boyle but they both need to be ahead of John Hardin

Make your arguement.

JH has rolled over some pretty good teams in 6A Madison Central, 6A Nelson County, 6A Meade County, 6A North Hardin, and 5A Doss. Their schedule has been more difficult than either Bell or Boyle and they have been just as impressive in victory.
Stardust Wrote:This looks good, I like the addition of FC, but still not convinced they would beat the 6A schools. That's no knock, just that the numbers that the 6A team listed below them have on both sides of the ball. I see FC 8-10.

I'd rather not compare any team to Fort campbell that they have not played but for them to be in 2a, they do have numbers, and the athletes they have, the starters, most of them are the 1a state championship track team so i believe they could go 4 quarters and compete with just about any team in the state, seeing is believing
4thndinches Wrote:I'd rather not compare any team to Fort campbell that they have not played but for them to be in 2a, they do have numbers, and the athletes they have, the starters, most of them are the 1a state championship track team so i believe they could go 4 quarters and compete with just about any team in the state, seeing is believing

So is your argument that a team of 1A track stars will be a 6A football team? Not sure what you are getting at. No knock on FC, none at all. But in the same Token, Thomas More is a great football program in NAIA, but they cannot compete with UK!
Stardust Wrote:So is your argument that a team of 1A track stars will be a 6A football team? Not sure what you are getting at. No knock on FC, none at all. But in the same Token, Thomas More is a great football program in NAIA, but they cannot compete with UK!

There's only 3 classifications in track in Kentucky A-3a, but if you ever watched the Fort Campbell Falcons plays, you would understand, seeing is believing. They man handle Christian County(5a), the opening scrimmage, they man handle a 5a TN team, not to mention they also man handle a TN team that LCA only won the game against that same TN team by one point and Lexington Christian and LCA went down to the wire. The falcons also man handle Warren Central (5a). I do believe numbers are an advantage but the falcons have some of the best athletes in the state. They deserve alot of respect, but even putting them in the top ten in the state is respect enough.
Oh and on another note, this is high school football not college football, 2 different comparisons by far.
Boyle Rebel Wrote:Boyle hasn't played Paris...Johnson Central, Rockcastle, Pikeville, Mercer, Danville. True, these teams haven't had great years but the games haven't been close either. Lafayette, Lex Cath, Christian Co are on the tail end of the schedule though. Those teams should improve the strength of schedule and help determine where Boyle falls on this list.
i meant Danville but had Paris on my mind. it looks like it should have been tough early but there opposition laid down. not there fault. they can impress me---like that really matters lol--- with the end of there schedule. It looks as tough as it gets good luck.