Poll: Where Are You Posting From?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Central KY
18.18%
Eastern KY
67.27%
Northern KY
9.09%
Western KY
1.82%
Out of State
3.64%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll Call
lwc Wrote:I have been reluctant to post because I am not sure as to what is classified as Central and What is Eastern, etc...

I consider myself from the Mountain football area (WYMT says so) but for an audience that seems to be mostly Bell, Pike, Prestonsburg, Perry, etc... I am certainly NOT Eastern Kentucky.

I am certainly not as Central as Lexington, Paris, Wooford, etc...

Here is what I have decided: I am just going to say that I am from Rockcastle and YOU guys/girls can tell me where I am from, lol.

I'm in the same boat as you LWC! but I am from Pulaski County not Rockcastle County.
Louisa, but the heart is still in EAGLEVILLE...
Eky Smile
CandyKane Wrote:Eky Smile

Welcome to the site!
LWC Wrote:Welcome to the site!

Why thank you! :biggrin:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Where Im from, the streets are overrun with gangs. Gangs with the sole intent to battle one another, take over the streets and control the drug trade, kill off other colors. Where Im from, the streets are marked territories. Those road signs are maps. The people stay in their homes. The '64 Impalas bounce up and down while they ride by. You hear the crack-crack-crack of the 9's as they speed away. Hookers, skeezers, pimps and ho's, cryps and bloods, everybody is wearing a bandana. The south side is full of blue. The North side, red. Its scary but this is everything..you name it. A place where excellence in sports is the only out for many of these kids trying to shy away from the street life. Gangs, graffiti covered buildings and schools, yet pure sports excellence can only equal one place............... Jenkins, Kentucky.

Big Grin Im kidding. The hookers and skeezers part though, yeah we got those. Just dont take them home to meet the parents and your okay!

lol, I have to say Jenkins grew on me. I used to date a girl that lived in Letcher and I would drive through Elkhorn Creek and Jenkins almost every weekend. I hated it that as soon as you hit town, the first little straight-away that I think is considered the main street, you have to slow down to like 20mph or they'll pull ya in a second. haha.
vundy33 Wrote:lol, I have to say Jenkins grew on me. I used to date a girl that lived in Letcher and I would drive through Elkhorn Creek and Jenkins almost every weekend. I hated it that as soon as you hit town, the first little straight-away that I think is considered the main street, you have to slow down to like 20mph or they'll pull ya in a second. haha.

dude, i think you've dated a girl from every county in KY lol.

Corbin/Williamsburg
So definitely EKY, however could be considered Southeastern Ky
Good ol' Eastern KY.

Pikeville
Harlan KY.

SOUTH Eastern Kentucky!...Come on down Yall!!!...lol

[Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...ty.svg.png]
Northeastern Kentucky needs to be a choice. Because when a lot of members talk about EKY, they talk about the 14th and 15th regions and when they talk about NKY, they talk about the 9th and 10th. I'm stuck right in the middle in Lewis County in the 16th region. Actually bordering a 10th region county and a former 10th region county. And, the western part of the county, known as Tollesboro, used to have it's own high school and it was in the 10th region. Former Kentucky guard Chris Harrison graduated from THS.
There are more from out of state than WKY on here...
EKY...Paintsville!!!! As if you didn't know...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Eastern KY, go Blackcats!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:dude, i think you've dated a girl from every county in KY lol.

Corbin/Williamsburg
So definitely EKY, however could be considered Southeastern Ky

This may be true.
I am posting from northern Virginia, literally a stone's throw from the DC Beltway but when I "go home," it will always be to eastern Kentucky.
The big city of Hazard in Eastern Kentucky!
Perry county!
Breathitt County
Im in Breathitt
Lexington!!! -Central Ky. (via Belfry)
Mud Creek- Eastern Kentucky
Lexington, but always rooting for my bobcats.
Lexington, from Somerset via Atlanta, GA.
Headquarters in Northern KY, but will post from Frankfort, Lexington, and Louisville a few times.
I am from Louisa in Lawrence county.
I like BGR and I hope more people come online.
I'm going to tell people about it and get em to join.

:rockon:
[IMG]Lawrence%20County[/IMG]
I am from eastern Kentucky in Lawrence county in the town of Louisa. I can throw a rock from my back yard and hit the state of WV over the river. That is all that keeps me from being from WV. Thank god for rivers!!! LOL

[Image: http://www.driftingcreatives.com/wp-cont...gRocks.jpg]
When I started BGR I was living in Shelbyville. I now live in Jacksonville, NC. However, my roots are in EKY. I grew up in Raceland, my side of the family still lives there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Do-double-gg Wrote:I am from eastern Kentucky in Lawrence county in the town of Louisa. I can throw a rock from my back yard and hit the state of WV over the river. That is all that keeps me from being from WV. Thank god for rivers!!! LOL

[Image: http://www.driftingcreatives.com/wp-cont...gRocks.jpg]

That's the strangest rock I've ever seen in my life. Kind of looks like a giant.....hotdog
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
spud6 Wrote:that's the strangest rock i've ever seen in my life. Kind of looks like a giant.....hotdog

lol!!!