Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Hello, I’m new to this site – but, I’m definitely not new myself.

I’m 53 and have been happily married to the same woman for 31 years. We have two sons that are at UK this fall (a senior and a freshman). So we have to adapt to having an empty nest now.

I graduated from Russell, my wife was a Raceland Rambler and we raised two Ashland Tomcats. I guess that makes us multi-cultural. :biggrin: We have a lot of family and friends in many of the school district in NEKY.

Our sons played football (and other sports too). But, football was definitely our favorite. I’ll post mostly in the NEKY football threads (I think) and I look forward to making new friends on this site.
Welcome. Great to see someone from NEKY on here. I graduated from Raceland, but now live in Shelbyville. I use these sites to keep up to date with NEKY, especially Raceland. Hopefully you can give some good info about NEKY area with your posts.
I have read many of your posts from the other site and I thought they were intelligent and insightful.
I have an aunt and uncle who are around your age that also graduated from Russell.
Welcome aboard Greaybeard, you will love the site. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.
Jarons Wrote:Welcome. Great to see someone from NEKY on here. I graduated from Raceland, but now live in Shelbyville. I use these sites to keep up to date with NEKY, especially Raceland. Hopefully you can give some good info about NEKY area with your posts.
I have read many of your posts from the other site and I thought they were intelligent and insightful.
I have an aunt and uncle who are around your age that also graduated from Russell.

Graybeard I have to echo the same sentiments.

I think I may know who your son is. I had one that played football at Russell and graduated in 06 and I think they may have been friends.

I will not mention names in the open forum but feel free to PM me and we can discuss it and see if I am right.:biggrin:
Midee1: I just sent you a PM, but I don't think it went through - I'm feeling like a newby now. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll try again.
Graybeard Wrote:Midee1: I just sent you a PM, but I don't think it went through - I'm feeling like a newby now. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll try again.

I got it just fine when I finally looked at my computer. I have a bad habit of leaving it on and logged in so it looks like I am around all the time when I'm not.

I sent a reply.
Glad to see you here, Graybeard. I always enjoyed reading your posts in the Ashland threads that other website. You always provided a voice of reason where many others did not. Welcome from a fellow newcomer.
Welcome to the other side! HAHA... Glad you found the site and hope that you throughly enjoy it! If you need any assistance, give one of us mods/admins a yell!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]