Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanting to know if our L.C.M.S. Boys are playing Mason M.S.this season?
Does anyone know if we are scheduling the Mason Co. middle schooL boys teams this season?Or the Fleming Co M.S.teams?Beating these 2 teams would let everyone know how good we really are.I.M.O.
Better crawl before we walk, Fleming is a possibility, but not Mason. The competition level that Mason sees is just too much. Plus, I heard that Brett Ruckel and Wade Adams were only playing Fr. and JV.
It would not be wise to play us. We spend the majority of our time in AAU tournaments playing the best of the best.
I know Lewis does not want to play Mason because of players who have went there. I was told they did not want Mason to be in the Boys OVC. Mason is in the Boys OVC but in the large division not the small that Lewis plays in. If Lewis wants a shot at playing one of the two they (Fleming and Mason) are both playing in the pre-season OVC tournament held each Nov. at East Carter High School. Not sure if the Lions have signed up to play in the tournament or not.
Unless Mason has joined this year they are not in the OVC. Not wanting to play us because kids left a bad situation is a complete copout. We love everyone of them that has came and would be tickled if a few more would join us.
Mason is already in the large School OVC because the schedule is already out and they are on it. Also they and Fleming have already committed to the preseason OVC tournament. Lewis always has played in it so if they play again this year would be some good competition for them.
They werent last year.....I said if they joined it this year....
16BBall Fan Wrote:Mason is already in the large School OVC because the schedule is already out and they are on it. Also they and Fleming have already committed to the preseason OVC tournament. Lewis always has played in it so if they play again this year would be some good competition for them.

Skinner Wrote:Unless Mason has joined this year they are not in the OVC. Not wanting to play us because kids left a bad situation is a complete copout. We love everyone of them that has came and would be tickled if a few more would join us.
Skinner,you seem to know alot about the middle school team.Can you give me your take on the 2 kids that came from L.C.,and played for M.C.last season?How do you think they played?Did they make your team better? How?What do you think there chances are ,of playing for your high school team?I know:Thumbs: both of these kids,and remember them fondly.I know alot of people are hoping they don'r suceed down there.But I for one,wish them nothing but the best.
LION AT HEART Wrote:Skinner,you seem to know alot about the middle school team.Can you give me your take on the 2 kids that came from L.C.,and played for M.C.last season?How do you think they played?Did they make your team better? How?What do you think there chances are ,of playing for your high school team?I know:Thumbs: both of these kids,and remember them fondly.I know alot of people are hoping they don'r suceed down there.But I for one,wish them nothing but the best.

Would not say I know a lot...................Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! they helped us out tremeduosly..........they are great kids from what time........ I have been around them......I would not be surprised if they don't........see major varsity minutes by their sophomore year........if not sooner......I would guess people are upset...........for loosing such talented players........If there are any more up that way.............that want to follow them...........tell them to come on down........the water is fine............
[color="blue"]would any of you guys or your teams be interested in a tournament (betsy layne classic) on sat. Nov.28? We would love to have you come and play!!!

Betsy layne boys basketball
coach howard
[email]scb_mike1@hotmail.com[/email][/color]
What is the difference between the large OVRC and small ORVC? I did not know there were 2 divisions.
bballer2 Wrote:What is the difference between the large OVRC and small ORVC? I did not know there were 2 divisions.

No clue......
They are by school size unless a small school ask to play up.
Large: Boyd Middle, East Middle, Ironton (OH), Mason Co., Rowan Co., Russell, and Verity Middle.
Small: Elliott Co., Fairview, Fallsburg, Lewis Co., McKell, Raceland, West Middle, and Wurtland.
Thanks 16BBall Fan. I was unaware of the 2 different conferences. Fleming County played in a basketball conference with Bracken, Rowan, Bath, Morgan last year that I thought was the ORVC.

We played in what I thought was the ORVC in baseball this year with Lewis, Mason, Morgan, Nicholas and Bracken.

In football this year, it was Fleming, Lewis, Mason, Rowan, Nicholas and Bath.

I need to learn the different Middle School Conferences.
The conference up here is OVC Ohio Valley Conference.
Thanks for answering, Fan.

We are in Fleming County. Our baseball was the ORVC, I thought - Ohio River Valley Confererence. I thought. In the 2008-2009 school year, Lewis won baseball and Fleming wion 7th grade basketball while Bracken won 8th grade basketball,

There are so many conferences, I cannot keep up with them. Rowan, Bath and Nicholas are in our conference in baseball and football and basketball. Bracken is in our conference in basketball and baseball, but not football. Lewis, Morgan and Mason were in our conference in football and baseball, but not basketball. I wish we could just form a conference with the same schools in all sports. It would seem to make sense to me.

I was not aware of the large and small school divisions until you pointed it out to me. I did just notice it in the scheduels for the football playioffs. Morgan is D2 and Rowan is D1.

I would really like to see us (Fleming and Lewis) play in basketball too because I have so many good friends over there. I think it is a good rivalry - very competitive, but friends in the end. It's good for both sides - win, lose or draw.

Thanks for your help.
I know that Mason's 8th grade team is very good, but what can we expect out of the 7th grade team?
I look for Mason Co's 8th grade squad to be solid this year. I thought they would really close the gap on Fleming last year with the 2 additions (who are both nice, solid players). Fleming jumped on them last year to the tune of a 32-7 halftime lead. Mason played better in the second half and only lost by 15-20. This may be the year for Mason to take it to Fleming though, who knows? When they do play it should be a very good game. I don't think that Mason has ever beaten Fleming in that age group which is unusual, but Fleming is solid in that age group as well. I havn't seen Lewis play although I am familiar with a couple of their players. Wade played AAU ball with the Fleming boys for several years and is a good kid and a scrapper. I still can't see them beating either Mason or Fleming (8th grade) but I have been wrong plenty of times. I have a schedule that say's Fleming will play Lewis on Jan. 19th so unless this schedule is wrong or has changed we should get a chance to see how Lewis stacks up. Hopefully will be a good ballgame. At the 8th grade level I think the whole Mason/Lewis/Fleming area should be pretty proud of their teams.
dugout66 Wrote:I look for Mason Co's 8th grade squad to be solid this year. I thought they would really close the gap on Fleming last year with the 2 additions (who are both nice, solid players). Fleming jumped on them last year to the tune of a 32-7 halftime lead. Mason played better in the second half and only lost by 15-20. This may be the year for Mason to take it to Fleming though, who knows? When they do play it should be a very good game. I don't think that Mason has ever beaten Fleming in that age group which is unusual, but Fleming is solid in that age group as well. I havn't seen Lewis play although I am familiar with a couple of their players. Wade played AAU ball with the Fleming boys for several years and is a good kid and a scrapper. I still can't see them beating either Mason or Fleming (8th grade) but I have been wrong plenty of times. I have a schedule that say's Fleming will play Lewis on Jan. 19th so unless this schedule is wrong or has changed we should get a chance to see how Lewis stacks up. Hopefully will be a good ballgame. At the 8th grade level I think the whole Mason/Lewis/Fleming area should be pretty proud of their teams.
The Fleming/Mason game this year should be a good one.If the Mason coach,can get his guards to look to pass first,and shoot 2nd,they will be fine.Last year Fleming took advantage of the Royals guard play.They shot often/hit few,and didn't guard anyone.Had a very hard time getting the ball in bounds.They hardly ever looked for their 2 big men inside before launching the 3.Mason's key against Fleming willl be to look inside,they have a big advantage there,but didn't use it last season.Fleming has the guard play to beat alot of teams.And if the game is Fleming guards shooting against Mason's guards,the out come will be the same.But the Royals have a new coach this year and I think things will be alot different than last season.But they still may not beat Fleming,but it should be a fun game to watch.
I completely agree with your assessment of last years Fleming/Mason game. I was shocked they didn't take advantage of their size advantage in the post last year. Mason has several very good athletes but last year at least didn't always play team ball. Should be a good game.