Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands
92.00%
Covington Catholic
8.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Covington Catholic 10/17
I don't think Highlands will lose this game but we all know that strange things happen whenever these two team meet. On the road with a new QB and a two week layoff could make for an exciting game at least for a half.
Jumping the gun alittle here. CovCath has another game before this one. Remember one game at a time.
It's at CovCath, so that would be 10/17.
Yes, digs. Would love to have this edited to 10/17. Maybe stardust can do it since he's edited other threads of mine....
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Yes, digs. Would love to have this edited to 10/17. Maybe stardust can do it since he's edited other threads of mine....

Lol, nothing personal! Changed.
Birds by 4 TD's
Birds will handle the Colonels but not before a valiant effort.

Birds 44
Cov Cath 22
I think the Bluebirds may have a hard time containing Erpenbeck. This past week it seemed as if they were unable to defend Dixie's QB keepers. I heard Dixie's QB was good, but Highlands defense made him look, at times, untouchable. If they contain Erpenbeck, they win big. In the end, I have a feeling Roller is going to have a huge game and Towles silences all the haters...
Highlands big.
highlands in ugly one
The cream rises to the top, as the Bluebirds are the toughest team in Kenyucky. period:1:
I always worry about Cov. Cath. They will come ready and they are playing well these days. This may be more of a dog fight than some are expecting.
If Highlands maintains a business like attitude they'll be fine. I suppose Cov. Cath. has improved since last years game, but the same could probably be said of Highlands.
Dont think the past two games where the Bluebirds have blown them out by a score of 110 to 0 wont weigh on the Colonels minds.
Highlands will roll in this game. By at least 30. Good luck to both teams.
Highlands could name the score. No contest.
qryche11 Wrote:Dont think the past two games where the Bluebirds have blown them out by a score of 110 to 0 wont weigh on the Colonels minds.

ouch! No wonder they had a contigent of scouts at the Highlands/Dixie game this past week. If they thought they had a chance against Highlands after Bardo got hurt, those thoughts were quickly quelled by a standup performance by our new QB. This kid is going to surprise alot of folks and all this Bardo talk will be quickly forgotten as nothing but praise is exclaimed throughout the 09' playoffs
Bluebirds take this one by 3-4 touchdowns.

Best of luck to both!
I am hoping for great weather on that Saturday afternoon. 60 degrees and sunny would be perfect.
What's the skinny on this Cov. Cath offense? Do they have anyone besides their QB? Are they predominately a run or pass offense? Any starters currently injured? Defense strong? I saw them against Campbell County and was not worried. I honestly don't see this defense giving up alot of points to that team. However, I hear they have improved vastly over the past several weeks.
They have a solid line and Leo Scheafer is a big back. If the Birds bring the same D they brought against St X then it will be a shutout.
Birds win big. Towles has a great game and silences the doubters.Question for bluebird nation.When Towles leads the birds to a state championship will he be the first soph. QB at Highlands to do so?
:rockon:
Birds will roll big in this one. Covcath is improved but I don't think they're good enough defensively to keep the offense of Highlands from doing what they want.

Offensively, it will take a valiant effort by the CCH offense to put more than 14 on the board.

Highlands 49
Covcath 7
Wow only 23 posts. This sure isn't the rivalry it used to be. It's no fun talking smack when you are talking to yourself.:argue:
H-Lands-44-14
birds3pete09 Wrote:Wow only 23 posts. This sure isn't the rivalry it used to be. It's no fun talking smack when you are talking to yourself.:argue:

:lmao::Thumbs:
This is by far the biggest rivalry in NKY and one of the best in the state period. Covington Catholic is still down after their coach left them in shambles 3 years ago but are steadily climbing back up the ranks and have made strides this season. CovCath will be very very good over the next few years thats for sure as they have a great class coming up. Highlands will win this year in a blowout but the next few years will be interesting and you will see the revival of the old Highlands/CovCath series.

Back a few years ago the trend was the team that won during the regular season lost in post-season play. For awhile now, except for the past 2 years or so, the winner of these games between Highlands and Covington Catholic decided who would be participating in the state championship game. Highlands should role in this once comfortably.
When do the Jv teams play?
qryche11 Wrote:When do the Jv teams play?

This coming Monday evening at Highlands. Not sure of the time though.
birds 42
covington 10