Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10 (Oct. 5)
Pink Flamingo Wrote:Yeah Bell's isnt undefeated but look who they lost against? want it like alcoa or something?

My point exactly. Belfry lost close games to Pburg (on the road) and Ashland who is a Top 5 5A team. Belfry has beat two teams who are better than anyone LC has played so far, both on the road.

Your arguement that LC should be ranked ahead of Belfry becaue they are undefeated and Belfry is not, does not make any sense if you you won't also put them ahead of Bell using the same criteria.

FWIW, Somerset has defeated Knox Central, Pulaski County, Danville, and Estill County, all are decent teams. LC only has a good win by 6 at home vs. Sheldon Clark and a decent win over Shelby Valley in a romp.

IMO, right now:
1. Bell County
2. PBurg
3. Belfry
4. Somerset
5. Corbin
6. Lawrence County
7. Perry Central
8. Southwestern
9. Letcher Central
10. Sheldon Clark
Can anyone post LC's schedule from the previous 2 years?? I am just curious is all.
StrayBullet Wrote:Can anyone post LC's schedule from the previous 2 years?? I am just curious is all.
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=27728
(Non-District) Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Pburg, North Laurel, Russell, Breathitt County, Letcher Central

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=24680
(Non-District) Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Pburg, Russell, Breathitt County, Letcher Central, Coal Grove (OH)

(Non-District) Paintsville, Sheldon Clark, East Ridge, Shelby Valley, East Carter, Tolsia (WV)

Now you can see the criticism that LC's record is impressive, but has alot has to do with softening the schedule substantially.
They significantly downgraded from every team on last year's schedule with the exception of keeping Sheldon Clark. The 2nd best team on their schedule this year is probably West Carter or Shelby Valley, whom would not even be competitive with any of their non-district games from last season except maybe North Laurel.
It's on khsaa.org
yea they played a tough schedule the past 2 years but that dont mean nething.....they have one win in those two years......bottom line is they are overrated and they play a weak schedule with th exception of SC