Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina 28 - Kentucky 26
good game
UkFan23 Wrote:The fake FG didnt rlly hurt us bc 2 plays later we got the ball back off that fumble and kicked a FG so that didnt hurt us.

But had we made it, that would have been 3 more points. So it did hurt us.
We lost by 2...

Kick the FG, we make it, we win...

Two point conversion. Use Cobb, we tie.

None of this matters had TC Drake not drop a sure TD in the endzone. He is horrible.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Rich Brooks' steller record vs the SEC....13-38
The SEC East vs teams not named Vandy...1-25

But take heart Cayut fans. Basketball season starts next week!!!!

Dude seriously, come play in are division and see how u do!
i loved the catch where the guy came back from out of bounds, if that would have been a good throw TD baby, The faked Fg was a great call just didnt work. we had dropped passes that would have changed the game. i feel sorry for hartline he was playing really well. im not one bit upset with this loss, and would that freshmen had 3 tds with lindley playing. I Think NOT
Wildcatk23 Wrote:i loved the catch where the guy came back from out of bounds, if that would have been a good throw TD baby, The faked Fg was a great call just didnt work. we had dropped passes that would have changed the game. i feel sorry for hartline he was playing really well. im not one bit upset with this loss, and would that freshmen had 3 tds with lindley playing. I Think NOT
Wildcat, I actually agree with you. Confusedhh:

Losing Lindley AND Warford (although I am not a fan at all of Warford, we missed his experience) killed us today. Our secondary let Jefferies look like a 5th year senior. I do feel horrible for Hartline too. He was playing lights out, and then the injury. A few questionable play calls and decisions by the coaches got us beat, IMO.
Can't spell citrus without UT and can't spell suck without UK. Spurrier finds a way again and proves why he's one of the best. He hasn't had the talent that he had in Florida but still wins the ones he's supposed to. Go Spurrier!!!!!!!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Dude seriously, come play in are division and see how u do!

Is that the best excuse UK fans can come up with????:lmao:
I cant believe the Cats let this one get away from them. I think part of it is coaching but more than anything i just dont think they know how to win. You can have all of the talent in the world but if you dont know how to win or know how to finish a game as a team it doesnt do a bit of good. You can only be told what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. The coaches cant do it for you. IMO i think thats alot of the problem with them right now even with the coaches not being great. Hopefully they get things turned around and Hartline is ok. I hate losing to Spurrier.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Is that the best excuse UK fans can come up with????:lmao:

yea it is!. Smile
ok StrikeoutKing will get me at school tomorrow for this one...Hartline was actually catching my attention again today...he threw one questionable pass other then that he read the D well checked down at the perfect times, stepped up in the pocket on time, over threw McCaskil a little bit on that 59 yard catch but it was a beautiful pass all in all he had an A+ from me
Ogeeezzz.....better luck next time my wildcats.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I have been a huge advocate that UK should stick with Hartline and not waste Newton's redshirt. Now that Hartline is injured, and will probably miss most if not all of the season, I think you have to play Newton. When you had a redshirt Junior who had won the starting spot, coupled with the fact that Brooks had openly stated Newton wasn't ready and couldn't win the #2 spot, it was a no braner to me that for better or worse you stick with hartline and save a year of eligibility. as the scenario stands now the disparity between Fidler and Newton is minable and the upside for playing the Fresh. Newton is greater than playing the Senior Fidler.

Agreed!
Under Armour 24, How long have you watched UK football. These guys know how to win, 3 straight bowl wins, more 4th quarter comebacks that i can count in the last 3 years. Guys, were not that far removed from the years that we won 3 or 4 games. Ease off of the coaches and throwing the team under the bus. We have 5 winable games ahead of us. Georgia is not great, neither is Tennessee. The tough part of our season is over, and our season or another shot at a bowl game is not over by a LONG shot. We will sort out the qb situation and it could be a blessing in disguise. Lets just please ease up on the guys, they will turn it around. They lost 3 games they were supposed to lose and thats it. Now lets go steal one, win 4 in a row, and possibly steal another win. They can do it.
Stardust Wrote:^ and the phantom holding and the 2 point conversion with Fidler. Frustrating

should run cobb out of the wildcat ,that what got them down field
UKsportsfan Wrote:Under Armour 24, How long have you watched UK football. These guys know how to win, 3 straight bowl wins, more 4th quarter comebacks that i can count in the last 3 years. Guys, were not that far removed from the years that we won 3 or 4 games. Ease off of the coaches and throwing the team under the bus. We have 5 winable games ahead of us. Georgia is not great, neither is Tennessee. The tough part of our season is over, and our season or another shot at a bowl game is not over by a LONG shot. We will sort out the qb situation and it could be a blessing in disguise. Lets just please ease up on the guys, they will turn it around. They lost 3 games they were supposed to lose and thats it. Now lets go steal one, win 4 in a row, and possibly steal another win. They can do it.

You are STILL bragging about two Banjo Bowl wins and a Memp1ss Bowl win???:lmao: That is about as bad as Marshall fans bragging about beating Louisville in Government Motors bowls. Give me a freaking break!!!!
and you are STILL using the same comebacks everytime someone mentions UK winning a bowl game or improving the program...get some new material. And no im not bragging about the wins, im saying that you cant say UK doesnt know how to win, they do.
UKsportsfan Wrote:and you are STILL using the same comebacks everytime someone mentions UK winning a bowl game or improving the program...get some new material. And no im not bragging about the wins, im saying that you cant say UK doesnt know how to win, they do.

Hey, it was not too many years ago that it was a big deal for WVU to go to ANY bowl game. That was in the mid 70's when Bowden was still there. Even though we were beaten like a drum every year by Penn State and beat Pitt once in a while, it was still acceptable for WVU to win 8 games and go to the Peach Bowl. You UK fans accept being mediocre in the SEC. Your attitude will change when UK finally gets to a BCS bowl. That is why I am so hard on you UK fans. I have experenced titles first hand. I watched my local HS win 5 state titles in 7 years in football. I was thrilled watching Marshall win 1AA titles in the 90's. 13-9 still hurts two years later. But, WVU did win two BCS bowls. As they say, "if you are not the lead dog, the view never changes."
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:"if you are not the lead dog, the view never changes."
Well WVU certainly isnt a lead dog.
sep 5 Liberty
Sep 12 East Carolina
Sep 19 @Auburn Lost 30-41
Oct 1 Colorado
Oct 10 @Syracuse
Oct 17 Marshall 3:30pm
Oct 24 Connecticut
Oct 30 @South Florida
Nov 7 Louisville
Nov 13 @Cincinnati
Nov 27 Pittsburgh
Rutgers

jesus, i dont see how WVU can get a win on these dominating schedule.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:sep 5 Liberty
Sep 12 East Carolina
Sep 19 @Auburn Lost 30-41
Oct 1 Colorado
Oct 10 @Syracuse
Oct 17 Marshall 3:30pm
Oct 24 Connecticut
Oct 30 @South Florida
Nov 7 Louisville
Nov 13 @Cincinnati
Nov 27 Pittsburgh
Rutgers

jesus, i dont see how WVU can get a win on these dominating schedule.

UK would be lucky to win 6 games on that schedule. UK would not beat Pitt, Cincy, Rutgers, USF, UConn, or Auburn. You have beaten Louisville.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:UK would be lucky to win 6 games on that schedule. UK would not beat Pitt, Cincy, Rutgers, USF, UConn, or Auburn. You have beaten Louisville.

if you are seriously comparing your schedule to uk's then you need help. like the third floor of three rivers help.
All I know is all I know. WVU has achieved more in football in the past 4 years than UK has since Bryant left for Texas A&M. And that has been almost 60 years ago. If you want to talk about UK basketball , then that's fine. I have no arguments with UK basketball. UK's worst team in years beat Huggy's bunch in Vegas last year. I was sick for two days over that.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:All I know is all I know. WVU has achieved more in football in the past 4 years than UK has since Bryant left for Texas A&M. And that has been almost 60 years ago. If you want to talk about UK basketball , then that's fine. I have no arguments with UK basketball. UK's worst team in years beat Huggy's bunch in Vegas last year. I was sick for two days over that.

In the time it took you to type this Auburn has scored another TD on your defense.

The issue everyone has is noone on here has tried to say UK has a better history than West Virginia, that is foolish for anyone to think, but you have been the one taking pot shots and trying to stir the pot.

If you were a fan of a truly elite program like Florida, Alabama, USC, or Texas your arguement could be warranted, but the sad fact is the majority of WVU's success can be attributed to being in perhaps the weakest BCS Conference (although the ACC may be worse). Brag all you want about getting to a BCS game but also realize that such superpower programs like Pitt, Louisville, and UC have also won the Big East title in the past ten years.
Pitt was embarrassed by Utah in their only BCS bowl game. In fact, Pitt was so happy with getting there that the ran Walt Harris out of town for Wanny. Cincy laid an egg against VPLies. Between WVU and Lousyville, we have 3 BCS trophys between us.
almost cried if we could have had that one we would be 3-2 play auburn close be 3-3 win the three game home stand 6-3 beat vandy 7-3 maybe pull out a squeaker against the dogs 8-3 then beat UT 9-3 that would have been nice. but now we are 2-3 lose to auburn 2-4 win the three game home stand 5-4 beat vandy 6-4 with a win against either Georgia or UT but not both finish 7-5 and heading to another bowl but we will see
UK will be lucky to win 3 more games this year. UL-M and EKU are definates, but they won't beat MSU and might lose to Vandy. Its just sad everybody complains about them not going to a good enough bowl game, well how's that bowl they're used to going to? You know the one the players play on XBox. UK needs a change to be successful. Brooks does a great job at building programs, but they need someone to take them to the next level. And that person isn't on staff at UK.