Ashley Akers 2 points
Savannah Honaker 2 points
Kyleigh Tackett 2 points

For Mullins:

James 4 points
Parks 1 points
Nice win Wildcats!!!!!!
Is this scrimmage?
No. This is the regular season--our 24th game.
Dorton seems to be playing some pretty good ball, looks like they are taking better care of the ball now and they continue to play solid defense. I have watched alot of basketball teams and they(Dorton) are a good group of girls that seem to get along and play good together being one of the most balanced and unselfish teams I've seen boys or girls, not leaving out the younger girls because I can also see alot of young talent and good things in the future for Dorton if they keep improving like they have so far, they also play very hard and play very good team ball,( one of the better groups I've seen for their age.) Keep up the good work(Both coaches and Girls :ThumbsSmile because it shows on the court. I really have enjoyed and look forward to watching this group of girls play.
How can this be there 24th game and the official season hasn't even started ?
qryche11 Wrote:How can this be there 24th game and the official season hasn't even started ?

Girl's basketball starts in August
whats your girls' record?
central fan Wrote:whats your girls' record?

23-3
Not much margine there, have you guys played @ Mullins this year ?
Should be a good game up there.
nothinbutthetruth Wrote:Not much margin there. Should be a much closer game at Mullins ? When do you play up at Mullins ?

The game up there got canceled because of a mixup on the schedule. Coach Birchfield said he didn't have a date to make it up. Looks like we won't see them again until possibly the county tournament. We would like to make it up so we could play in their gym since the tournament is there.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:The game up there got canceled because of a mixup on the schedule. Coach Birchfield said he didn't have a date to make it up. Looks like we won't see them again until possibly the county tournament. We would like to make it up so we could play in their gym since the tournament is there.
We would really like to play Mullins up there, how bout it Coach Birchfield got any open dates ?
alleycat53 Wrote:We would really like to play Mullins up there, how bout it Coach Birchfield got any open dates ?

Dorton brings a lot of fans, They have a lot of popcorn critics.:biggrin:
alleycat53 Wrote:We would really like to play Mullins up there, how bout it Coach Birchfield got any open dates ?

I also would like to get to see Dorton get a chance to play them at Mullins, but it looks as if their coach doesn't want to play Dorton again.
2hard2guard Wrote:I also would like to get to see Dorton get a chance to play them at Mullins, but it looks as if their coach doesn't want to play Dorton again.

Looks as if Mullins's coach is thinking about pulling an upset or something since the county is there and he don't want Dorton to get a chance to play on their court.
2hard2guard Wrote:I also would like to get to see Dorton get a chance to play them at Mullins, but it looks as if their coach doesn't want to play Dorton again.

There has to be some kind of reason behind Mullins' coach not wanting to let Dorton play on their court, considering Dorton offered to go to Mullins and play and Mullin's coach preferred to come to Dorton instead of playing on their home court. Something smells a little on this one, what is it Birchfield?
Is Dorton going to the KBA 8th grade State Tournament?
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Is Dorton going to the KBA 8th grade State Tournament?

Yes, we are going.
Good Luck! See you at the Big House..... Smile
justabballfan Wrote:There has to be some kind of reason behind Mullins' coach not wanting to let Dorton play on their court, considering Dorton offered to go to Mullins and play and Mullin's coach preferred to come to Dorton instead of playing on their home court. Something smells a little on this one, what is it Birchfield?

"Smells like" Dorton has already played 3 games in that gym as they participated in the first tournament at the beginning of the year. Anybody that has watched the season is pretty smart in knowing that nobody in Pike County will do any upsetting of Pikeville or Dorton. Bottom line.