Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Players and Best returning Team in the 14th Region?
Anyone have any thoughts?
idk about the top player but the top 2 teams should be Estill and Jenkins
Strikeout King Wrote:idk about the top player but the top 2 teams should be Estill and Jenkins

I'd think that would be correct. Estill and Jenkins are usually the best 2 teams in the 14th. Estill has a great coach in Coach Beard and Jenkins has an up and coming program. I have heard this will be Coach Beard's final campaign.....I wish her luck. She really is a great lady.
ladycats09 Wrote:I'd think that would be correct. Estill and Jenkins are usually the best 2 teams in the 14th. Estill has a great coach in Coach Beard and Jenkins has an up and coming program. I have heard this will be Coach Beard's final campaign.....I wish her luck. She really is a great lady.

ive heard that too. Coach Beard is a great person and a heck of a Coach. i wish her nothing but the best. she sure will be missed.
I do not agree at all..... you all know nothing about coaching fastpitch... some coaches only play who is who in the community.... some play upper claassman only no matter who they have on the bench.... oh yea the 14th ... joke for a region in softball.... sorry but the truth..
outsidein Wrote:I do not agree at all..... you all know nothing about coaching fastpitch... some coaches only play who is who in the community.... some play upper claassman only no matter who they have on the bench.... oh yea the 14th ... joke for a region in softball.... sorry but the truth..

ok whats the deal with you all??? you all don't say crap about Hazard, Perry County Central, Knott County Central (Boys Basketball) so why are you all picking on the small schools??? sure they haven't won state titles or went to state, but still its unfair to pick on all of the small schools.
outsidein Wrote:I do not agree at all..... you all know nothing about coaching fastpitch... some coaches only play who is who in the community.... some play upper claassman only no matter who they have on the bench.... oh yea the 14th ... joke for a region in softball.... sorry but the truth..

Its obvious what your opinion of the 14th region is, we get it, really. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you feel the need to get on here and bash young student athletes or programs in this region, there is another website for people like you. Bluegrassrivals.com is for the people who want to discuss players and programs in a positive light. Sorry we can't all have the caliber of programs that you think we should have, but guess what, some players and coaches in this region are trying. Please stop the negativity, you can get your point across in a much more tactful and less hurtful way. God bless.
no deal here... i covered hazard, perry and all the teams in the 14th... i assume those teams are in the 14th.... nothing bad about small schools... shoot top team in state and team that has won several state titles in softball is a small school... owensboro catholic... so nothing against small schools... just need the truth to come out... some coaches in eastern part of state need to get out of coaching fastpitch if they don' want to work at learning the game... notice i said some.. i hate when people get on here and brag about something that they know nothing about... some coaches look good because other people have done all the work and they have done nothing. they don't even know the game or the mechanics of the game.... i could go on and on but i won't.... ok top players in the 14th...... hmmmmmmmm ????? good question... are there any thaty could compete at a top level????
outsidein Wrote:no deal here... i covered hazard, perry and all the teams in the 14th... i assume those teams are in the 14th.... nothing bad about small schools... shoot top team in state and team that has won several state titles in softball is a small school... owensboro catholic... so nothing against small schools... just need the truth to come out... some coaches in eastern part of state need to get out of coaching fastpitch if they don' want to work at learning the game... notice i said some.. i hate when people get on here and brag about something that they know nothing about... some coaches look good because other people have done all the work and they have done nothing. they don't even know the game or the mechanics of the game.... i could go on and on but i won't.... ok top players in the 14th...... hmmmmmmmm ????? good question... are there any thaty could compete at a top level????

Yes, you are correct the top school in the state is a small PRIVATE school. If they need a player...well....they usually get one. The best team in the east is probably North Laurel, which is a big school. Both of these reasons are good arguments for classifying softball and the public/private debates that football has looked at over the years. The classification is settled or at least expanded in football, the public/private is still not right, imo. You really should grow up if you are covering HS athletics.
Lady your like so many that wants to use the poor excuse about public and private.... have you ever been to a practice of these schools??/ have you seen what they do during the off season at some of these schools....ok go and call coaches around the state and see when they start working on softball... girls should be working now.... private/public big or large doesn't make any difference.. it's just a crying towl... do you know softball tournaments are still being played now??? classifying doesn't help anything you would still have people looking for excuse why there not winning... and coaches something to blame when there not doing there job... these girls from western part of state work very hard during the off season to improve there game... small/large public or private doesn't make a hill of beans....you have coaches that don't even know the game so how are there girls going to get any better... If telling the truth and having people stop crying and work hard on there sport than i guess i'll stay young.... step up eastern ky and learn the sport... learn the mechanics.. pitch every day... swing a bat every day ..... work on fielding ... WORK ON SOMETHING OTHER THAN CRYING... MAKING EXCUSEES ... take responsibillity... don't cry because someone has success by working hard and you have none by doing nothing... lady you can't wait till feb 15 to start working.....
oh yea... so how far do we continue to classify???? class 1 class 2 class 3 claass 4 class 5 class 6 class 7 class 8 i guess we can continue to add more till everyone gets a championship.. sounds good??? yea that's the way to make it.... what a joke. lol lol
The only joke I see here is you outsidein. State Championships is based on school size in football and I'm sure thats what ladycats09 was talking about, sounds to me like all you want to do is fuss a little ha ha. Ok go ahead and fuss. I'm sure there is some players in the 14th can play at the next level. And your kidding softball tournaments are going on now ha ha, that must be the reason that we travel every weekend to play softball. So you apparently don't know that we all work hard year round improving our game.
outsidein Wrote:Lady your like so many that wants to use the poor excuse about public and private.... have you ever been to a practice of these schools??/ have you seen what they do during the off season at some of these schools....ok go and call coaches around the state and see when they start working on softball... girls should be working now.... private/public big or large doesn't make any difference.. it's just a crying towl... do you know softball tournaments are still being played now??? classifying doesn't help anything you would still have people looking for excuse why there not winning... and coaches something to blame when there not doing there job... these girls from western part of state work very hard during the off season to improve there game... small/large public or private doesn't make a hill of beans....you have coaches that don't even know the game so how are there girls going to get any better... If telling the truth and having people stop crying and work hard on there sport than i guess i'll stay young.... step up eastern ky and learn the sport... learn the mechanics.. pitch every day... swing a bat every day ..... work on fielding ... WORK ON SOMETHING OTHER THAN CRYING... MAKING EXCUSEES ... take responsibillity... don't cry because someone has success by working hard and you have none by doing nothing... lady you can't wait till feb 15 to start working.....

You seem to have it all figured out. But, you just don't live in reality. Small school's softball teams have to share athletes with volleyball and basketball. So, there is an advantage to having a larger number of athletes to chose from. And private school recruiting, well.....I'm not even going to try to explain that to you if you don't see it already.

I will give you that there are tournaments going on now, but coaches can't be involved. That would be a violation per KHSAA. I hope you aren't saying your coaches participate in any softball this time of year.

I wasn't whinning, just pointing out some factors that contribute to the desparity in softball. Softball is in it's infancy in east KY. Small communities cannot have competative summer little leagues, because that 2 or 3 teams get tired of playing each other.

I will give you most schools don't work very hard at our sport, but many are. The gap from the elite to the average is certainly narrowing.
outsidein Wrote:oh yea... so how far do we continue to classify???? class 1 class 2 class 3 claass 4 class 5 class 6 class 7 class 8 i guess we can continue to add more till everyone gets a championship.. sounds good??? yea that's the way to make it.... what a joke. lol lol

Well...we have 6 in football. And, 2 in softball. Class A gets a tournament. I think 3 classes would be good for softball.
LOL LOL play your good.... joke is funny what made you think of that --- not fussing just trying to get people to wake up and improve the game... people continue to use excusses why there not good or why they can't do this, blame someone else.. and play I understand what Lady point was... thanks for pointing it out though very smart of you..... ok Lady - points taken --- however khsaa does not recognize A tournament-- small schools yes some athlets play other sports but not everyone on the softaball team plays both sports some just play softball why do they not work??? I do know the rules ... trust me I've been around faspitch for a long time and not just in Kentucky... do you realize how far Ky is behind??? Coaches can be involved and they are involved ... i mean coaches taht care... they may not coach but they can have mom and dad, sister or brother, people that are not on the coaching staff involved in work outs.... trust me they do work.... private schools advantage... I think if you look at the number of quallity softball teams in ky private school is behind... lex. christian not good. lex catholic not good - look at the last state tournament brackets and see how many private schools are in the brackets????? I've been coaching fastpitch and private instruction in fastpitch for a long time in Tenn. Georgia.. It's a great game. Just want to see Ky move up... small schools start working extra... if you play basketball than two times a week work on softabll you can't tell me they can't find several hrs a week ??? come on... as long as we continue to look for excusses than we won't improve and as long as we want to keep adding more classes than when do we draw the line??? if we have three than someone will want why not make it four. We have to keep winning state special. it's no longer special in football when you have 6 state champs. why not move to 7 claasses??? keep winning special
outsidein Wrote:LOL LOL play your good.... joke is funny what made you think of that --- not fussing just trying to get people to wake up and improve the game... people continue to use excusses why there not good or why they can't do this, blame someone else.. and play I understand what Lady point was... thanks for pointing it out though very smart of you..... ok Lady - points taken --- however khsaa does not recognize A tournament-- small schools yes some athlets play other sports but not everyone on the softaball team plays both sports some just play softball why do they not work??? I do know the rules ... trust me I've been around faspitch for a long time and not just in Kentucky... do you realize how far Ky is behind??? Coaches can be involved and they are involved ... i mean coaches taht care... they may not coach but they can have mom and dad, sister or brother, people that are not on the coaching staff involved in work outs.... trust me they do work.... private schools advantage... I think if you look at the number of quallity softball teams in ky private school is behind... lex. christian not good. lex catholic not good - look at the last state tournament brackets and see how many private schools are in the brackets????? I've been coaching fastpitch and private instruction in fastpitch for a long time in Tenn. Georgia.. It's a great game. Just want to see Ky move up... small schools start working extra... if you play basketball than two times a week work on softabll you can't tell me they can't find several hrs a week ??? come on... as long as we continue to look for excusses than we won't improve and as long as we want to keep adding more classes than when do we draw the line??? if we have three than someone will want why not make it four. We have to keep winning state special. it's no longer special in football when you have 6 state champs. why not move to 7 claasses??? keep winning special

I get your point....but think you could have been more tactful in delivering it. I know that we are behind. I know there are teams that are working.....first hand knowledge.....so you aren't completely right.

Only KHSAA doesn't recognize the all A. Everyone else does.
Lady I do respect you and your point but tactful is a problem... if you don't step up and say something is wrong than it can never be fixed. To be nice is good but sometimes you have to say what is what. We do what we do now, add more classes to sports and events so we don't hurt someones feelings or to make kids feel good about things. We do the same in the classroom. If a teacher gives a test than when grades are done they curve the test, or they give another test. Just like the GED I mean don't get me wrong ok GED good for you but come on. It'sfor people who didn't give a crap in highschool or didn't do there work like there suppose to and spend a few weeks and get the equal to kids who worked for 12 yrs..... What's wrong with that picture. lol lol I'm sorry didn't mean to go off the topic. Lady I do really understand what you mean but lets not worry about hurting peoples feelings.... feelings will heal.. eastern ky lets stop complaining and stop whining.. Girls expect more of yourself.. study the game because some of your coaches really don't care about the game.. Girls you can do anything and compete against anyone... study and work on the game... Coaches if your not going to coaches clinics.. if your not working on drills and conditioning... if your not studying and learning the game.. coaches email college coaches and i mean top college coaches.. (Ralph Weekly at TN. Pat Murphy at AL..and so on) They will be more than happy and send you drills and info. Coaches it comes down to you. I've been to numerous clinics NSA,ASA nfca , nfcc..
Dude...if you hate KY softball so much, then why the He** are you so intent on spending your time on here bashing it? And nobody cares where you "coach", which is something I doubt very much, just as you claim you know Mike Candrea. I know one thing...you appear to be very uneducated, and I can guarantee you that you would never coach one of my kids. Because if you did, at some point you would end up having a VERY BAD day outsidein.
DUDE HD is that a thrreat??? A bad Day lol lol now that is funny... I'm not going to get into threats. If you read what I type(I could say something there but I won't) I'm not bashing.... I want Ky softball to be great ... to get better ... I want people to learn and understand the game.. I don't want people to use excusses why we can't this or can't do that....I have coached some great kids young and worked with some great girls... I have dealt with parents like you (that is if you are a parent.. nothing mean but just saying cause I don't know you) I'm not going on the parent issue and I'm not going to bash you. Uneducated??? well maybe I don't really worry to much about proper spelling or grammer on a board cause I don't think I'm writing for a national newspaper so forgive me if I do make mistakes. If you want me to get on you I could... if you want me to start bashing you I could... my thing is to improve these young athletes and stop telling them lies that there good and there really not. I want these young ladies to understand nothing is easy if they want success they have to work... HD take my letters and show to any college coach and they will agree... trust me I have talked to many and they will tell you the same... they hate to see parents packing there daughters bags... they want to talk to young ladies and not the parents.. they want to see the young ladies stand on there two feet and not be held up by a dad.... HD so lets getinto mechanics of the game we can talk mechanics of hitting, fielding, base running, pitching ... if you think i know nothing we can talk.... But HD if you want to threaten me we can talk about that too. Hd I love fastpitch and I think sometimes these ladies get put on the back burner but I do believe in working hard... being honest with your athlete... they need to understand honesty and don't make excusses.. be responsible for yourself and having a great attitude will take you far... HD I'm not sure how much fastpitch you seebut get out and watch great teams and talk to there coaches... go to college camps and talk to them... (but don't threaten me) I always have a great day when working fastpitch with great young ladies
Keep a lookout for Letcher Central. They didn't loose much last year, and they have a great junior class coming in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
outsidein Wrote:DUDE HD is that a thrreat??? A bad Day lol lol now that is funny... I'm not going to get into threats. If you read what I type(I could say something there but I won't) I'm not bashing.... I want Ky softball to be great ... to get better ... I want people to learn and understand the game.. I don't want people to use excusses why we can't this or can't do that....I have coached some great kids young and worked with some great girls... I have dealt with parents like you (that is if you are a parent.. nothing mean but just saying cause I don't know you) I'm not going on the parent issue and I'm not going to bash you. Uneducated??? well maybe I don't really worry to much about proper spelling or grammer on a board cause I don't think I'm writing for a national newspaper so forgive me if I do make mistakes. If you want me to get on you I could... if you want me to start bashing you I could... my thing is to improve these young athletes and stop telling them lies that there good and there really not. I want these young ladies to understand nothing is easy if they want success they have to work... HD take my letters and show to any college coach and they will agree... trust me I have talked to many and they will tell you the same... they hate to see parents packing there daughters bags... they want to talk to young ladies and not the parents.. they want to see the young ladies stand on there two feet and not be held up by a dad.... HD so lets getinto mechanics of the game we can talk mechanics of hitting, fielding, base running, pitching ... if you think i know nothing we can talk.... But HD if you want to threaten me we can talk about that too. Hd I love fastpitch and I think sometimes these ladies get put on the back burner but I do believe in working hard... being honest with your athlete... they need to understand honesty and don't make excusses.. be responsible for yourself and having a great attitude will take you far... HD I'm not sure how much fastpitch you seebut get out and watch great teams and talk to there coaches... go to college camps and talk to them... (but don't threaten me) I always have a great day when working fastpitch with great young ladies

I understand your post. You are just way too abrasive to have many fans on here.

Come watch Bell Co. this year. You will see how hard the girls have worked.
Thank you Lady... you are right I may be to abrasive for some... hmmmm I guess something I need to work on.. but I will not change my belief... I have been to the bell co. tournament... JW does petty good job... did good at middlesboro... only thing I didn't like JW did was wearing a TN hat at the east/west allstar game at UK..... lol ... That's what I like to hear... hard work and they will improve... Do you send girls down to the TN winter camps?? Good camps.... weekly's do a good job but the hitting camp was getting a little to big. I believe there pushing around 400 girls last year and year before...An you count on that I will check out Bell this year... I'm out just about every night and weekend watching....
outsidein Wrote:Thank you Lady... you are right I may be to abrasive for some... hmmmm I guess something I need to work on.. but I will not change my belief... I have been to the bell co. tournament... JW does petty good job... did good at middlesboro... only thing I didn't like JW did was wearing a TN hat at the east/west allstar game at UK..... lol ... That's what I like to hear... hard work and they will improve... Do you send girls down to the TN winter camps?? Good camps.... weekly's do a good job but the hitting camp was getting a little to big. I believe there pushing around 400 girls last year and year before...An you count on that I will check out Bell this year... I'm out just about every night and weekend watching....

Why are you so down on the Tennessee hat when you push the Weeklys so hard?? I have been to their camps, and you are right they have grown too much. The first year that we went it was really focused, now it is just too many people. Most of our girls went to the Blue Chip camp. Vern does a great job. We will see the rewards of hard work.

Let me know when you are coming to a Bell game. I'll get you a hot dog and we can talk softball.
nawwww not down on Tn... great program... just not cool wearing at uk ... funny though.. yes you are right it started out to be a great camp but has become to big... I've heard there going to try and limit on the number this year. Blue Chip is good. Vern is a great person and does a great job with the girls... not to big on his pitching mechanics but he is a great person (don't like closing that hip.. messes up the power line and makes it hard to throw a rise ball ) but anyways just my opinion. Most top pitchers thesee days don't close there hip they keep it angle at the end. Well tell those girls to keep working keep great attitudes and it will pay off.. off season is where games are won and personal instruction what makes a winner...
outsidein Wrote:DUDE HD is that a thrreat??? A bad Day lol lol now that is funny... I'm not going to get into threats. If you read what I type(I could say something there but I won't) I'm not bashing.... I want Ky softball to be great ... to get better ... I want people to learn and understand the game.. I don't want people to use excusses why we can't this or can't do that....I have coached some great kids young and worked with some great girls... I have dealt with parents like you (that is if you are a parent.. nothing mean but just saying cause I don't know you) I'm not going on the parent issue and I'm not going to bash you. Uneducated??? well maybe I don't really worry to much about proper spelling or grammer on a board cause I don't think I'm writing for a national newspaper so forgive me if I do make mistakes. If you want me to get on you I could... if you want me to start bashing you I could... my thing is to improve these young athletes and stop telling them lies that there good and there really not. I want these young ladies to understand nothing is easy if they want success they have to work... HD take my letters and show to any college coach and they will agree... trust me I have talked to many and they will tell you the same... they hate to see parents packing there daughters bags... they want to talk to young ladies and not the parents.. they want to see the young ladies stand on there two feet and not be held up by a dad.... HD so lets getinto mechanics of the game we can talk mechanics of hitting, fielding, base running, pitching ... if you think i know nothing we can talk.... But HD if you want to threaten me we can talk about that too. Hd I love fastpitch and I think sometimes these ladies get put on the back burner but I do believe in working hard... being honest with your athlete... they need to understand honesty and don't make excusses.. be responsible for yourself and having a great attitude will take you far... HD I'm not sure how much fastpitch you seebut get out and watch great teams and talk to there coaches... go to college camps and talk to them... (but don't threaten me) I always have a great day when working fastpitch with great young ladies

You take it any way you want to. If you feel threatened, that's on you. I have known many coaches, some good some bad, but never have I seen an adult (assuming you are an adult because you are petty and childish) use a public forum to assassainate the character of high school age children. That in itself tells me about your integrity, intelligence, and ability to relate to athletes.

As far as mechanics of the game go, I can guarantee you that I am as qualified, if not moreso, than you are. And, because you play in a Metro area does not automatically make you a better player. You sound like someone who was picked on a lot in high school, never made a team, and now want to make people think you are knowledgeable about sports. Pathetic....
Whitney Back from Perry Central is the most complete softball player in the region. She is good at every position and she can hit the ball really well.
My top four teams as of now! Estill, Jenkins, Perry Central. and Powell Co.
HD lol lol your a joke... and simple.... Yes there was a young lady from perry central good athlete... not sure what her name is I think she was in 8th or 9th grade last year I believe she pitched for them... theo I think your right those will probably contenders..... HD I'll try to get you some help.... you just don't understand or maybe just stupid???? but anyways it will be ok..... you think your way and i'll think mine... I get on here to keeps kids from thinking like you do.. Kids to want more... kids to expect more.. kids to work hard and achieve there goals.. kids not to blame others but to take responsibility... if people think that is wrong than they think like HD... sorry for that....