Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese flag was hoisted on White House Grounds
This one kind of slipped by us all.

On October 1st, 2009, in celebration of the 60th anniversary of Communist China, the Chinese flag was hoisted along side the American flag on official White House Grounds.

I mean seriously.....gimme a break.

It was done by a Chinese group, but they should not have been given the ok to hoist the flag.
Why not they almost own us as it is. Maybe they were just trying it on for size
Does not surprise me
According to this Fox News report, it didn't fly at the White House:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/...outh-lawn/

The article further states that: "the Chinese flag has flown on White House grounds before, in April of 2006, when President Hu Jintao visited then President George W. Bush".

I'm not a fan of Fox News, but I know that many of you are - so I thought I'd quote their story, as opposed to someone else's.

Update: It seems that the story that the Chinese flag DID fly over the White House was given legs by World Net Daily. Anyone surprised?
It did fly on White House grounds. If need be I will have to get the video.

Our country always flies the flag of a visiting emissary, which is customary, and other countries do the same for us. That is different.

As far as White House grounds are concerned, you have the fenced in area, and then you have the area where the national Christmas tree is and those things. It was in that area that the flag was raised.

Even though I don't feel anything was meant by the people raising it. I still find it unnecessary. A communist country with China's human rights and labor issues, is not something that should be celebrated on govt. grounds.
Beetle01 Wrote:It did fly on White House grounds. If need be I will have to get the video.
Our country always flies the flag of a visiting emissary, which is customary, and other countries do the same for us. That is different.

As far as White House grounds are concerned, you have the fenced in area, and then you have the area where the national Christmas tree is and those things. It was in that area that the flag was raised.

Even though I don't feel anything was meant by the people raising it. I still find it unnecessary. A communist country with China's human rights and labor issues, is not something that should be celebrated on govt. grounds.

I have seen the video and the flag was raised, in DC, beside the american flag, and near the white house. But the celebration took place in a public park, no big deal. WND and Fox news, two huge conservative news sources, have both confirmed that the story of the flag being raised on white house grounds is false. If there was any truth to this, the conservative media would still be touting this story daily.

And just so you dont have too look for a link, here is the video.

http://english.cctv.com/program/worldwid...1349.shtml
Perhaps China is the first communist state in President Obama's "57 states". Mmm, mmm, mm.
I hope I would love to have their resources and money as part of the US. Debt what DEBT?