Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October 17, 2009
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Based on what... WVU's loss to Auburn or WVU's tough win over Marshall?

You conveniently ignore the arguement that the reason WVU is able to reach a bowl so often, and contend for the BCS is because THEY ARE NOT IN THE SEC EAST.

For the sake of your arguement UK beating Auburn makes a whole "hoot" worth of difference ebcause Auburn shredded your beloved Mountaineers this year.

:worthy:

He doesnt understand that the level of play here is much greater than his deadly week Conference.
SEC #1 without a doubt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Based on what... WVU's loss to Auburn or WVU's tough win over Marshall?

You conveniently ignore the arguement that the reason WVU is able to reach a bowl so often, and contend for the BCS is because THEY ARE NOT IN THE SEC EAST.

For the sake of your arguement UK beating Auburn makes a whole "hoot" worth of difference ebcause Auburn shredded your beloved Mountaineers this year.

WVU turned the ball over 6 times and Auburn scored on 5 of them. Including running an INT back for a TD. WVU had 500 yard of offense against Auburn. I don't think "shredding" would be the case here.
Wildcatk23 Wrote::worthy:

He doesnt understand that the level of play here is much greater than his deadly week Conference.

Ah, the last time your SEC champ went head to head with the champ from our "weak" conference, WVU beat Jawja 38-35. Greg Blue is still looking over the Jawja Dome searching for his jock that Steve Slaton burned off of him TWICE.:lmao:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Ah, the last time your SEC champ went head to head with the champ from our "weak" conference, WVU beat Jawja 38-35. Greg Blue is still looking over the Jawja Dome searching for his jock that Steve Slaton burned off of him TWICE.:lmao:

I know, The Big East has just dominated the Championship games the past few years.............wait thats the SEC aint it?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I know, The Big East has just dominated the Championship games the past few years.............wait thats the SEC aint it?

Ouch:popcorn:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Ah, but the major difference is WVU is ranked and UK is not. Just because UK beat Auburn does not make a hoot of difference. UK is STILL 0-7 vs the SEC East the past two years. Yes, UK has won three bowl games. WVU has won 4 straight including TWO BCS bowls. AND WVU is and has been a BCS contender since 2004. WVU has been to 7 straight bowl games. I would probably wager right now that IF WVU were to meet UK in a bowl game, that WVU would win by three touchdowns. :flame:

Your argument garners no justification. You play in a lowsey conference, have a lowsey non-conference schedule, cant play defense worth crap. The only thing WVU has going for them this year is a pretty good offense. Granted you will now argue we put up 500 yards on a sec defense granted that defense is also ranked in the bottom at everything in the SEC and country. With that said Kentucky has a very defined Defense garnered with many SEC All Conference players which is saying alot considering the SEC is known for its Defense. You continue to bring up Kentucky is blah blah blah against SEC East opponets. WVU is would not do any better. They have already proven they can not play with arguably the 4th best team in the SEC West and everyone knows the East is a harder road to travel. IF WVU makes a BCS bowl game I will crawl in a hole because they will get demolished by any one from any other conferences best team. You've beat no body this year, so why are you still babiling none of us have once stated kentucky is a prodegy but you apparently thing WVU is which is very pathetic. We will see how good you are once you play Cincy and Pitt those two game could get ugly. IMO WVU winds up 8-4 With losses to Auburn, USF, Cincy and Pitt.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Your argument garners no justification. You play in a lowsey conference, have a lowsey non-conference schedule, cant play defense worth crap. The only thing WVU has going for them this year is a pretty good offense. Granted you will now argue we put up 500 yards on a sec defense granted that defense is also ranked in the bottom at everything in the SEC and country. With that said Kentucky has a very defined Defense garnered with many SEC All Conference players which is saying alot considering the SEC is known for its Defense. You continue to bring up Kentucky is blah blah blah against SEC East opponets. WVU is would not do any better. They have already proven they can not play with arguably the 4th best team in the SEC West and everyone knows the East is a harder road to travel. IF WVU makes a BCS bowl game I will crawl in a hole because they will get demolished by any one from any other conferences best team. You've beat no body this year, so why are you still babiling none of us have once stated kentucky is a prodegy but you apparently thing WVU is which is very pathetic. We will see how good you are once you play Cincy and Pitt those two game could get ugly. IMO WVU winds up 8-4 With losses to Auburn, USF, Cincy and Pitt.

:flame:
When I last checked, that Colorado team we beat in Morgantown just knocked off an unbeaten Kansas team. Evidently, they ain't too shabby. Marshall has not beaten anyone with a pulse this year. But, when they played us, it was their Super Bowl. They knocked Brown out 4 plays into the game. True Freshman Geno Smith took a half to get warmed up, but he more than made up for it in the 2nd half. WVU will beat both USF and Pitt. Pitt's defense has more holes in it than swiss cheese. I like WVU's chances with Cincy, but that depends on Pike playing or not. Right now, I say WVU vs Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl. However, I would not mind taking on either 'Bama or Florida in the Sugar Bowl.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:When I last checked, that Colorado team we beat in Morgantown just knocked off an unbeaten Kansas team. Evidently, they ain't too shabby. Marshall has not beaten anyone with a pulse this year. But, when they played us, it was their Super Bowl. They knocked Brown out 4 plays into the game. True Freshman Geno Smith took a half to get warmed up, but he more than made up for it in the 2nd half. WVU will beat both USF and Pitt. Pitt's defense has more holes in it than swiss cheese. I like WVU's chances with Cincy, but that depends on Pike playing or not. Right now, I say WVU vs Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl. However,[B] I would not mind taking on either 'Bama or Florida in the Sugar Bowl[/B].

U sure you dont want a rematch with Auburn. You got to beat the little dogs before u compete with the big boys.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:When I last checked, that Colorado team we beat in Morgantown just knocked off an unbeaten Kansas team. Evidently, they ain't too shabby. Marshall has not beaten anyone with a pulse this year. But, when they played us, it was their Super Bowl. They knocked Brown out 4 plays into the game. True Freshman Geno Smith took a half to get warmed up, but he more than made up for it in the 2nd half. WVU will beat both USF and Pitt. Pitt's defense has more holes in it than swiss cheese. I like WVU's chances with Cincy, but that depends on Pike playing or not. Right now, I say WVU vs Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl. However, I would not mind taking on either 'Bama or Florida in the Sugar Bowl.

Wow you continue to dig your self into a bigger hole, have you looked at Kansas's schedule, Duke, UTEP, Northern Colarado?, Souther Miss and the "consistent Big 12 powerhouse) the Cyclones of Iowa State. That is weaker then **** and you want to justify that as a big win for Colarado? If you had played Colorado 4 or 5 years ago that game would have meant something now its like playing a team out of the Big South lol. Marshall is not much of anything any more since the days of players like Bryon Leftwich, Chad Pennigton and company. I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO PLAY BAMA OR FLORIDA it would be a massacre...
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:When I last checked, that Colorado team we beat in Morgantown just knocked off an unbeaten Kansas team. Evidently, they ain't too shabby. Marshall has not beaten anyone with a pulse this year. But, when they played us, it was their Super Bowl. They knocked Brown out 4 plays into the game. True Freshman Geno Smith took a half to get warmed up, but he more than made up for it in the 2nd half. WVU will beat both USF and Pitt. Pitt's defense has more holes in it than swiss cheese. I like WVU's chances with Cincy, but that depends on Pike playing or not. Right now, I say WVU vs Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl. However, I would not mind taking on either 'Bama or Florida in the Sugar Bowl.
Brother, if I wasnt sold on our team playing in the national championship game, I would tell you that Id love to play your Mountaineers in the Sugar Bowl. Either Bama OR Florida would absolutely OBLITERATE your team. Im talkin a 40 point beatdown. If you turned the ball over 5 times against Auburn, youd not go two plays in a row without turning it over against Bama (or Florida)! Your team wouldnt reach our side of the field! Yeah you have Noel De-whatever his name is, and after three plays he'd never want to face either of those defenses another minute. So, I hope FLORIDA is the team you get. We'll be too busy giving Texas a spankin' while Florida breezes through your so called defense. Tebow would run for 200 and throw for 300 against WVU. If you played Bama, Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Roy Upchurch would blast you all for 150 EASILY, and heck, Terry Grant might even wake up enough to get 100..Both of these teams are 30 points better than Georgia was when you all won your game of the century, and I would say that this WVU team is nowhere near the class that WVU team was. So I would be careful what you wish for. I would LOVE to see WVU and UK hook up in a bowl game, now that would be fun to talk about.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Brother, if I wasnt sold on our team playing in the national championship game, I would tell you that Id love to play your Mountaineers in the Sugar Bowl. Either Bama OR Florida would absolutely OBLITERATE your team. Im talkin a 40 point beatdown. If you turned the ball over 5 times against Auburn, youd not go two plays in a row without turning it over against Bama (or Florida)! Your team wouldnt reach our side of the field! Yeah you have Noel De-whatever his name is, and after three plays he'd never want to face either of those defenses another minute. So, I hope FLORIDA is the team you get. We'll be too busy giving Texas a spankin' while Florida breezes through your so called defense. Tebow would run for 200 and throw for 300 against WVU. If you played Bama, Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Roy Upchurch would blast you all for 150 EASILY, and heck, Terry Grant might even wake up enough to get 100..Both of these teams are 30 points better than Georgia was when you all won your game of the century, and I would say that this WVU team is nowhere near the class that WVU team was. So I would be careful what you wish for. I would LOVE to see WVU and UK hook up in a bowl game, now that would be fun to talk about.

IMO WVU is nowhere near an elite level program in college football. However no one thought Utah was either. Alabama was around a 3-4 TD favorite against the Utes and they took the Tide to the woodshed. So I would hold off on pre-ordering your BCS champion t-shirts.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:IMO WVU is nowhere near an elite level program in college football. However no one thought Utah was either. Alabama was around a 3-4 TD favorite against the Utes and they took the Tide to the woodshed. So I would hold off on pre-ordering your BCS champion t-shirts.
And if you think Utah was actually better than Bama then you need some help too. yea they beat Bama, bad, so what. Bama was playing for a National title and after Florida beat them what did they have left to play for? Not one person in that program cared about that Utah game.

It was an embarrassment to the SEC for them to play like they did. Thats why I hate Bama.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:IMO WVU is nowhere near an elite level program in college football. However no one thought Utah was either. Alabama was around a 3-4 TD favorite against the Utes and they took the Tide to the woodshed. So I would hold off on pre-ordering your BCS champion t-shirts.

they didnt even show up to play. it was sad. watching them walk around the field.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Brother, if I wasnt sold on our team playing in the national championship game, I would tell you that Id love to play your Mountaineers in the Sugar Bowl. Either Bama OR Florida would absolutely OBLITERATE your team. Im talkin a 40 point beatdown. If you turned the ball over 5 times against Auburn, youd not go two plays in a row without turning it over against Bama (or Florida)! Your team wouldnt reach our side of the field! Yeah you have Noel De-whatever his name is, and after three plays he'd never want to face either of those defenses another minute. So, I hope FLORIDA is the team you get. We'll be too busy giving Texas a spankin' while Florida breezes through your so called defense. Tebow would run for 200 and throw for 300 against WVU. If you played Bama, Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Roy Upchurch would blast you all for 150 EASILY, and heck, Terry Grant might even wake up enough to get 100..Both of these teams are 30 points better than Georgia was when you all won your game of the century, and I would say that this WVU team is nowhere near the class that WVU team was. So I would be careful what you wish for. I would LOVE to see WVU and UK hook up in a bowl game, now that would be fun to talk about.

I heard that crap from Jawja fans 4 years ago. The only good thing the SEC has done via Florida and LSU is beat tO$U and Boomer Sooner.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I heard that crap from Jawja fans 4 years ago. The only good thing the SEC has done via Florida and LSU is beat tO$U and Boomer Sooner.

The biggest difference between WVU and the SEC is that when the SEC has a chance to win the national championship they win it. When WVU has a chance, they get blown out. Furthermore, when the 'eers had a chance to win a game to play for the national championship, aka Pitt two years ago, they pulled off one of the biggest choke jobs of the decade. BTW, you know WVU has the gayest first down cheer in the world. I would like to lock it up in a room along with ROCKY FLOP and use the stupid-looking Mountaineer mascot's rifle and blow both of them to little pieces. Also, do you know why they say "almost heaven, West Virginia"?, because it's right next to Kentucky! Stick that in your muzzleloader and smoke it DAN.
BTW, DAN i'm just yanking your chain. I actually keep up with WVU and Marshall both pretty well. I honestly don't know if your man Stewart is the long-term answer at the top, but he is a nice dude who really loves the Mountaineers.
bucslover68 Wrote:BTW, DAN i'm just yanking your chain. I actually keep up with WVU and Marshall both pretty well. I honestly don't know if your man Stewart is the long-term answer at the top, but he is a nice dude who really loves the Mountaineers.

Thanks for the kudos. I am very proud to know Bill Stewart. His dad and my dad were very good friends. Bill's first coaching job was at Sistersville HS. That was the fall of 1975. He coached backs and receivers. The Bill Stewart persona you see now is the very same one I remember from Sistersville HS in 1975. The jury is still out on how he will end up doing. I know this much. He has recruited SPEED. And he has old UK hand Chris Beaty and Florida hand Doc Holliday to help him out.
See you can't beat them join them. Just get help from the SEC and you have a chance. LOL
CatDawg Wrote:See you can't beat them join them. Just get help from the SEC and you have a chance. LOL

This is round 2 for Holliday at WVU. He was an assistant under Nehlen in the '80's. While he was a Florida, I think he recruited some kid by the name of Tebow.

Now, I do have issues with our OC Jeff Mullen. I would rather have Joker.

Man, so many things to pick at in this post, so little time...

First off, if you're trying to tout that win over Colorado as a good win, you just haven't watched much football this year. This is the same Buffaloes team that has already lost to both Colorado State and Toledo this year. Let me repeat, Toledo, and by 16 points no less. Just because Kansas was unbeaten before this past Saturday doesn't mean that Colorado is any good for beating them, it just shows how much of a fraud Kansas was (their first five games were a joke).

At least you're admitting that Marshall wasn't a strong opponent, but then that would apply to every game WVU has played this year, except for Auburn (and we all know how that went). Besides Colorado and Marshall, WVU's other wins have come against Liberty, Syracuse, and East Carolina. Yes, the same East Carolina who has also lost to SMU this year.

Finally, you say you would like to see WVU play Alabama or Florida? If by some chance WVU manages to win the Big Least and lands in the Sugar Bowl against the SEC runner-up, it won't be pretty. Both Florida and Bama play defense like nothing WVU will see all year, and either one would hang a 4-TD whipping on the Mountaineers. If they do win the conference, they better hope they end up in a more winnable game than the Sugar Bowl.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Amun-Ra Wrote:And if you think Utah was actually better than Bama then you need some help too. yea they beat Bama, bad, so what. Bama was playing for a National title and after Florida beat them what did they have left to play for? Not one person in that program cared about that Utah game.

It was an embarrassment to the SEC for them to play like they did. Thats why I hate Bama.

Maybe you could use a little help reading!!! I said that Utah wasn't thought to be an elite program like alabama and that the tide should have been about 3 TD's better, but it didnt play out like that. I dont care about Bama (with the exception of if they are representing the SEC in a bowl game) or Utah or WVU. I was just trying to make a point in that You cant accurately judge two teams unless its by head to head competition. And please dont use an argument like Bama had nothing to play for. If a coach cant get his team motivated for a BCS bowl game then he should look into a new profession, and likewise as a player if you cant get motivated for a game of that magnitude you should hang your gear up. And with payout's over 15+ million I would be willing to say that there were a few in that program that cared about that game, not to mention the seniors on that team some of which who knew it would be the last time they ever strapped their gear on.
WVU also has former UK assistant David Lockwood. He is one of the best young recruiters in the country. Really wish Uk could have held on to him.