Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK's Bowl Hope Breakdown
Conclusions
As a UK fan here is what you need to cheer for:

1. Obviously UK to win out... if not UK needs to beat Tennessee at the very least.
2. Obviously, UF and Bama to win out the regular season.
3. South Carolina loses to Clemson.
4. Miss State beats Arkansas and loses to Ole Miss.
5. LSU to win out.
6. Ole Miss to win out.
7. UGA to lose to Ga Tech
8. As tempting as it is to cheer for Vandy to beat UT.. it really doesn't help much unless UK beats UT and UGA.

UK Best Case= Outback
UK Worst Case= No Bowl

Most likely destination IMO= Music City Bowl
Quote:Independence. I just don't beleive this team can beat Tennessee.

I said they would play Kansas or Missouri and sure enough ESPN is got us playing Missouri in the Independence bowl
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kenntucky wins the rest of there game
I used to think that UK might end up in the Papajohns bowl as well, especially if they end up 6-6. But I recently read somewhere (don't remember where, may have been the Herald-Leader) that the Papajohns could likely be out.

The reason is that it is played on Jan. 2 @ 2 PM, right when it would conflict with a certain basketball game being played the same day... Yes, I'm talking about UK vs. Louisville, Calipari vs. Pitino, which is scheduled for a 3:30 tip that same day. So apparently the SEC would not let that conflict happen, which would effectively keep us out of the Papajohns bowl (and probably the Liberty, too, since it also is on Jan. 2).

The last two SEC bowl selections belong to the Independence and the Papajohns. Supposedly, if it came down to probably UK and South Carolina for the last two spots, UK would head for Shreveport while SC goes to Birmingham.

I still don't know if that's true, since I checked and SC also has a basketball game on Jan. 2, scheduled for 1 PM. But since it's only against Baylor and thus not likely to be televised, they might ask SC to change their tip time to accommodate the bowl game.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beating Georgian just helped
The Bowl choice just improved tonight
We may get a bigger bowl for fruit loops this year.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:We may get a bigger bowl for fruit loops this year.

LOL :Thumbs:
if the cats go to the music city bowl i already got tickets, and have 10 others tickets to get rid of
cuppett777 Wrote:if the cats go to the music city bowl i already got tickets, and have 10 others tickets to get rid of

???????????
Wildcatk23 Wrote:???????????

i was saying that i got 12 tickets to the music city bowl......if ky makes it there i am keeping 2 of them and will have 10 to sell......
I will update again tomorrow but right now all you need to know is:

Best Case- Capital One with ALOT of help
Worst Case- Music City Bowl

IMO, (as long as Bama and UF win next week) beat UT go to Tampa... lose to UT, Georgia loses to Georgia Tech, and it is Chick Fil-A. Lose to UT, Georgia beats Tech and it is Music City.
The way they talked on the post game we will not be playing in either TN bowl. They have us going to at least the Independence Bowl.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
CatDawg Wrote:The way they talked on the post game we will not be playing in either TN bowl. They have us going to at least the Independence Bowl.

Independence is bottom of the barrell along with papjohns.com.... Music City is a MAJOR upgrade from Independence.
From what they were saying on the post game the team didn't want to go back to a TN bowl. They want to try something else and Independence would be it if they don't get one of the major ones.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I will update again tomorrow but right now all you need to know is:

Best Case- Capital One with ALOT of help
Worst Case- Music City Bowl

IMO, (as long as Bama and UF win next week) beat UT go to Tampa... lose to UT, Georgia loses to Georgia Tech, and it is Chick Fil-A. Lose to UT, Georgia beats Tech and it is Music City.

From what I am gathering UK fans REALLY want USC to lose to Clemson and Georgia to lose to Georgia Tech...right?

Also from what you stated earlier in this thread Ole Miss IS winning out so far but they have one game left to play.

Arkansas beat Mississippi State, which wasn't what Cat fans wanted.

LSU lost and that didn't help.

What is the new update for the UK Bowl situation and what do UK fans need to cheer for? What is the biggest outside factor to help UK aside from Alabama and Florida winning out?
Which one can we get that will give us the most money? Isn't that what it is all about?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Here we go.....

First of all... barring some cataclysmic events Bama and Florida should be assured two BCS Bowl Spots. It would honestly take Florida losing to FSU and getting blown out by BAMA in the SEC title game to keep the SEC from at the very least having the SEC Champion in the Sugar Bowl and at the very least the other as an At-Large BCS team.

Standings:

SEC EAST
x1. Florida 11-0, 8-0 vs. Florida State
x2. Georgia 6-5, 4-4 @ Georgia Tech
x3. Kentucky 7-4, 3-4 vs. Tennessee
x3t.Tennessee 6-5, 3-4 @ Kentucky
x5. South Carolina 6-5, 3-5 vs. Clemson
6. Vanderbilt 2-10, 0-8 Season Complete

SEC WEST
x1. Alabama 11-0, 7-0 @ Auburn
x2. Ole Miss 8-3, 4-3 @ Miss State
x3. LSU 8-3, 4-3 vs. Arkansas
x4. Arkansas 7-4, 3-4 @ LSU
x5. Auburn 7-4, 3-4 vs. Alabama
6. Miss State 4-7, 2-5 vs. Ole Miss

SEC BOWL TIE-IN'S
BCS National Championship/At Large
BCS Sugar Bowl
Capital One
Cotton Bowl
Outback Bowl
Chick Fil-A Bowl
Liberty Bowl
Music City Bowl
Independence Bowl
Papajohns.com Bowl

10 Possible Bowls, 10 Eligible Teams

SCENARIO 1: UK WIN VS. TENNESSEE

SEC EAST IMPACTS
- UK finishes 8-4, guarantees 2nd seed in East
- Tennessee finishes 6-6, finishes 4th Regardless
- UGA finishes 3rd regardless of win/loss vs. Ga Tech
- South Carolina finishes 5th Regardless of win/loss vs. Clemson

1. Florida 2. Kentucky 3. Georgia 4. Tennessee 5. South Carolina 6. Vandy

SEC WEST IMPACTS
Alabama- Clinched #1 spot
Ole Miss- Clinches #2 spot with win, or if both LSU and Auburn lose
LSU- Clinches #2 spot with win and Ole Miss Loss, Clinches #3 with win.
Arkansas- Clinches #3 spot with win, with loss clinches #4 spot with Auburn loss
Auburn- Can Tie for #2 with win and both LSU and Ole Miss lose, Can clinch #3 with win and Ole Miss loss, Can clinch #4 with win and Arkansas loss.

Most likely finish:
1. Alabama 2. Ole Miss 3. LSU 4. Arkansas 5. Auburn 6. Miss State

Bowl Impacts:
1. LSU loses, Ole Miss loses, Auburn loses: This would create 4 teams with an 8-4, 4-4 record. UK would be entering with wins in 6 of their last 7 games and the hottest team out of the group. It would come down to prefernce of the Bowls.. UK could finish as high as the Capital One or as low as the Chick Fil-A.

2. LSU loses, Ole Miss loses, Auburn wins: Possibly the worst case scenario for UK. Now you would have 5 teams finish at 8-4, 4-4. Once again UK would be the hottest team, BUT, their tradition and fan following may cost them against the more established programs. UK could end up as high as the Capital One or as low as the Music City. The Chick Fil-A would have a hard time choosing UK over Auburn who is just down the road, despite the fact UK beat Auburn.

3. LSU wins, Ole Miss wins, Auburn wins: This assures Ole Miss to Capital One, LSU to Cotton, and the Outback would probably go with UK as the SEC East #2.

4. LSU wins, Ole Miss wins, Auburn loses: No brainer.. UK to Outback Bowl.

5. LSU loses, Ole Miss wins, Auburn wins: This one could suck for UK potentially as well. Ole Miss to Capital One, Arkansas to Cotton, the Outback could possibly choose a struggling LSU for name recognition over UK, and then the Chick Fil-A would probably choose Auburn over UK. Best case would be Outback, worst case Music City.

6. LSU loses, Ole Miss wins, Auburn loses: Outback best case, worst case Chick Fil-A

7. LSU wins, Ole Miss loses, Auburn win or loss: UK to Outback
Good breakdown. I personally would like to see UK get to the Outback Bowl. Would liek to see us win this time around.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Which one can we get that will give us the most money? Isn't that what it is all about?

Capital One- 4.25 million
Cotton- 3 million
Outback- 3 million
Chick Fil A- 2.4 million
Liberty- 1.7 million
Music City- 1.6 million
Independence- 1.1 million
Papajohns.com- 300k

Payouts aren't everything. Recruiting attention and bowl notoriety/destination are just as important. For UK's purposes the Chick Fil-A may actually be a better bowl than the Outback. The New Year's Eve night timeslot is probably more coveted then New Years Day early morning. Chick Fil-A is more hyped by ESPN due to it's timeslot. Chick Fil-A is one of the best run bowls. And it would take place in Georgia..the heart of UK's recruiting focus.

Addittionally, the Music City Bowl is much better of a bowl than the Liberty in many ways as well.
SCENARIO 2: UK LOSS VS. TENNESSEE

SEC EAST IMPACTS
- UK finishes 7-5, guarantees 5th in SEC East
- Tennessee finishes 7-4, finishes 2nd
- UGA finishes 3rd regardless of win/loss vs. Ga Tech
- South Carolina finishes 4th Regardless of win/loss vs. Clemson

1. Florida 2. Tennessee 3. Georgia 4. South Carolina 5. Kentucky 6. Vandy

SEC WEST IMPACTS
Alabama- Clinched #1 spot
Ole Miss- Clinches #2 spot with win, or if both LSU and Auburn lose
LSU- Clinches #2 spot with win and Ole Miss Loss, Clinches #3 with win.
Arkansas- Clinches #3 spot with win, with loss clinches #4 spot with Auburn loss
Auburn- Can Tie for #2 with win and both LSU and Ole Miss lose, Can clinch #3 with win and Ole Miss loss, Can clinch #4 with win and Arkansas loss.

Most likely finish:
1. Alabama 2. Ole Miss 3. LSU 4. Arkansas 5. Auburn 6. Miss State

Bowl Impacts
1. LSU loses, Ole Miss loses, Auburn loses: You'd see the West teams take precedence over the East for sure. Tennessee would probably end up in Outback, Auburn would probably still get Chick Fil-A over UK. Luckily with this scenario it would probably fill up the Liberty Bowl. Best case: Chick Fil-A, Worst Case: Music City.

2. LSU loses, Ole Miss loses, Auburn wins: . Guarantees no Chick Fil-A for UK... Music City Bound.

3. LSU wins, Ole Miss wins, Auburn wins: Same as above, Music City Bound.

4. LSU wins, Ole Miss wins, Auburn loses: Chick-Fil-A or Music City.

5. LSU loses, Ole Miss wins, Auburn wins: This one may stink. West once again will get precedence. Ole Miss to Cap One, Arkansas to Cotton, LSU and Auburn could potentially take the Outback and Chick Fil A leaving Tennessee in Music City. Kentucky potentially falls all the way to the Independence

6. LSU loses, Ole Miss wins, Auburn loses: Best case Chick Fil-A, worst Music City

7. LSU wins, Ole Miss loses, Auburn win: Music City

8. LSU wins, Ole Miss loses, Auburn loss: Best Chick Fil-A, worst Music City
As for UGA/GA Tech... USC/Clemson... though both teams losing certainly help solidify UK..it shouldn't really hurt even if UK finishes 5th in the East. UK's past history with the Music City and the great fan turnouts nearly assures UK won't fall past Nashville unless Tennessee, and it's guaranteed huge turnout, were to fall down that far.
So UK fans, here's how you want to cheer this weekend:
I think the Cap One is a pipe dream so might as well go ahead and give the Cap One and Cotton to LSU/OLE MISS and hope we can secure Outback or Chick Fil-A...

UF vs. FSU= UF BIG!
BAMA vs. Auburn= BAMA EMBARASSINGLY BIG!
Arkansas vs. LSU= LSU
Ole Miss vs. Miss State= Ole Miss
UGA/GA TECH= GA Tech close (to make sure UGA stays out of Chick Fil-A picture)
USC/Clemson= Clemson big! Make sure South Carolina only gets consideration for Independence,Liberty, or Papajohns