Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls 8th Grade State Tournament KBA
magicfan217 Wrote:In one semi Anderson beat Crosby and in the other Whitley beat Corbin. Anderson and Whitley will play at Rupp for the title in a few weeks.

AB Combs got routed by Anderson in the first game...something like 50-15 and lost to Crosby in the first elimination round by about the same score.

Hazard played Larue tough for a half before losing by 15-20 and then lost to either Corbin or Powell county in a competitive game.

Any fireworks in the Whitley Co./Corbin game? What was the final score?
SEKYFAN Wrote:Any fireworks in the Whitley Co./Corbin game? What was the final score?

No Fireworks......just a well deserved win by Whitley County! They played Anderson Co. earlier in the year at Louisville in a tournament final. Whitley lead the entire game until the final 2 minutes. They simply ran out of gas and lost by 6 pts. Should be a great match-up and Whitley will represent the 13th Region well. GO LADY COLONELS!!!
magicfan217 Wrote:In one semi Anderson beat Crosby and in the other Whitley beat Corbin. Anderson and Whitley will play at Rupp for the title in a few weeks.

AB Combs got routed by Anderson in the first game...something like 50-15 and lost to Crosby in the first elimination round by about the same score.

Hazard played Larue tough for a half before losing by 15-20 and then lost to either Corbin or Powell county in a competitive game.

Basketball Wizzard Wrote:No Fireworks......just a well deserved win by Whitley County! They played Anderson Co. earlier in the year at Louisville in a tournament final. Whitley lead the entire game until the final 2 minutes. They simply ran out of gas and lost by 6 pts. Should be a great match-up and Whitley will represent the 13th Region well. GO LADY COLONELS!!!

Good luck to the Colonels in the finals!:Thumbs: They were the best middle school team that I saw this year. I was told that one parent got rather loud with the refs and that his daughter got a T, but nothing really bad and that Whitley won by 3 points or so.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:No Fireworks......just a well deserved win by Whitley County! They played Anderson Co. earlier in the year at Louisville in a tournament final. Whitley lead the entire game until the final 2 minutes. They simply ran out of gas and lost by 6 pts. Should be a great match-up and Whitley will represent the 13th Region well. GO LADY COLONELS!!!

The game was really close the whole way...the difference was when Mckee came back in the game in the 2nd half. She sat out the whole first half with fouls.

Should be a great game. I think the bigger floor plays to Andersons advantage. If Mckee stays out of foul trouble I will say Anderson will win again in another great game.
:rockon:
SEKYFAN Wrote:Good luck to the Colonels in the finals!:Thumbs: They were the best middle school team that I saw this year. I was told that one parent got rather loud with the refs and that his daughter got a T, but nothing really bad and that Whitley won by 3 points or so.

Let's set the record straight.....The player who got the "T" got it for bouncing the ball hard after making a clean block that was called a foul. Secondly, Her dad never once got loud with the refs... It's obvious with you spreading twisted truths you are getting misinformation from a Corbin fan. Rumor has it they are very mad at #45's parents because they transferred her from Corbin to Whitley in the 7th grade. Somebody, needs to get over it!

GO LADY COLONELS GO!!!:rockon: :thatsfunn :Cheerlead
Basketball Wizzard Wrote::rockon:

Let's set the record straight.....The player who got the "T" got it for bouncing the ball hard after making a clean block that was called a foul. Secondly, Her dad never once got loud with the refs... It's obvious with you spreading twisted truths you are getting misinformation from a Corbin fan. Rumor has it they are very mad at #45's parents because they transferred her from Corbin to Whitley in the 7th grade. Somebody, needs to get over it!

GO LADY COLONELS GO!!!:rockon: :thatsfunn :Cheerlead

No offense intended. I like the dad(although he tends to get loud at times, not that I ever do:thatsfunn) and hope that she does very well at WCHS. There may be some people upset that she transferred(she is a very good player and was a big loss for Corbin), but parents got to do what they feel is best for their kids, and you are right, they need to get over it if they are mad. Good luck in the finals.
Where can I get scores of the games?