Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elisha Justice commits to Louisville
She Hulk Wrote:I think he is a GREAT player but IMHO this is a TERRIBLE DECISION! Walking on??? WALKING ON? When you walk-on somewhere you are automatically at the bottom of the totem pole, a player the school has no investement in you and and you are expendable PERIOD!! From all of the hullabaloo I just assumed he was signing early in November and getting a scholarship! This is a tragedy.................not something to celebrate! This kid has played his whole career and been a go-to guy and now to pay your own way to college to be a mop-up scout team player is an INSULT. PLEASE, someone talk some sense into him and go somewhere where they WANT YOU and you can get to PLAY!!!!

She has a point. Over the years I have been around several college basketball programs during camps, practices, elite camps, open gyms and recruit visits; and the walk-ons always are standing on the sidelines watching and waiting to participate with the scholarship players. Most of the time the walk-ons don't even get to scrimmage during regular practice. On recruiting visits, the high school recruits even play before the walk-ons get to.

I truly hope Elisha gets a chance to prove himself and things work out for him. He is too good a player to not get that chance. Good luck to Elisha!:Thumbs:
From what I have read, he will be a "preferred walk-on",which is defined as a student-athlete who is guaranteed a spot on the roster and is treated the same as scholarship athletes,even down to their meal plan.They just have to pay for tuition.And with EJ's grades, he can probably get that taken care of too.
where he only gave his verbal conmitment. if he decides he wants to go somewhere else, he still can, can't he?
NYY10 Wrote:where he only gave his verbal conmitment. if he decides he wants to go somewhere else, he still can, can't he?

Until you sign your National Letter of Intent I'm pretty sure you can do whatever you want.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Not a shoe in, but a Top 10 candidate.

For him to get Mr. Basketball:

1. Shelby Valley would have to make it to at least the Finals of the ALL A.
2. Win the Region going away once again.
3. Win 30+ games.
4. Average close to 25ppg.
5. Win two games at Rupp.

Personally and IMO, only 1 of those will happen. Either Number 2 or 4.

Actually i would have 2 say a top 5 canidate
He is the third best player n the state.....prolly the 2nd or close 2 first
The only 2 close 2 him is ricardo johnson and elija pitman
and #5 wll happen as well
and #1
1,2,4,5 will happen the only 1 that might not happen is prolly #1...:Thumbs:
PC_You_Know Wrote:Until you sign your National Letter of Intent I'm pretty sure you can do whatever you want.

yeah, thats what I though, just really wasn't to sure!!
2hard2guard Wrote:Glad to hear this couldn't of happen to a better boy, maybe this might shut some of the doubters up like BUHOOPS and others .... sometimes people don't know as much as they think do they. Congrats EJ.
He is walking on. No scholarship was used. He will pay for school and be recruited over for four years. He's not a tenth of the player Siva is. It's not that hard to walk on if you're a decent player. Nothing changes, he would not start at Georgetown College as a frosh. With hard work, he could have been a starter there his junior year and had his schooling paid for.
NYY10 Wrote:yeah, thats what I though, just really wasn't to sure!!

No letter will be signed. He just needs to enroll at UL and be accepted as a student.
She Hulk Wrote:I think he is a GREAT player but IMHO this is a TERRIBLE DECISION! Walking on??? WALKING ON? When you walk-on somewhere you are automatically at the bottom of the totem pole, a player the school has no investement in you and and you are expendable PERIOD!! From all of the hullabaloo I just assumed he was signing early in November and getting a scholarship! This is a tragedy.................not something to celebrate! This kid has played his whole career and been a go-to guy and now to pay your own way to college to be a mop-up scout team player is an INSULT. PLEASE, someone talk some sense into him and go somewhere where they WANT YOU and you can get to PLAY!!!!

I agree, it is a mistake. He got caught up in the hype and now is trying to meet the being it by going to UL. He will pay for everything just as a student would and be on the basketball team. No LOI is required. He just needs to enroll. He could accept a scholarship anywhere, anytime and not be penalized for doing so. Its a walkon spot.
ballin23 Wrote:Actually i would have to say he is a top 5 candidate.
He is the third best player in the state
.....prolly the 2nd or close 2 first
The only two close to him is Ricardo Johnson and Elijah Pittman

1,2,4,5 will happen, the only one that might not happen is prolly #1...:Thumbs:

A top 5 candidate is a bit of a stretch.

Scott County has Guyn, Jackson, and Euton.
Holmes had Pittman and Johnson.
And there is more players on other top teams, that I know, but can't think of right now.

Elisha is possibly a top 10 player in the state, but I don't know about top 5, 3 at that.

So, your saying they won't make it to the finals of the ALL A, against small schools, but will make the semi's of the sweet 16?

I can see him avg. around 25ppg.

I don't see them winning 30 or more games, because of their lack of depth when they play teams outside the region and state.

As for right now, the 25ppg is the only one I'm positive about.
BUHoops Wrote:He is walking on. No scholarship was used. He will pay for school and be recruited over for four years. He's not a tenth of the player Siva is. It's not that hard to walk on if you're a decent player. Nothing changes, he would not start at Georgetown College as a frosh. With hard work, he could have been a starter there his junior year and had his schooling paid for.

Hello....BGR....Player bashing here...One of the best,most influential coaches in the country comes to a little school in the mountains and is "impressed" by what he saw in this young man.According to newspaper and blog articles out of Louisville, he was offered a "preferred walk-on" spot and could still be offered a scholarship later in the year. With E.J.'s exceptional grades, Coach Pitino may be using his head to get a scholarship caliber player without having to use a scholarship. But alot of people have overlooked Elisha over the years....like Jai Lucas,the Walton,Ga team, elliot co.,Mason Co......etc....etc....Come on and give the young man the respect he deserves.
Why al this talk about being a walk on. The boy has a 4.0 gpa. It would be foolish of Pitino to offer him a full ride when he will getting one anyways. He will be going to college on a presidental scholarship. He wont have to pay a dime for school. Why not give the one he could have offered EJ to someone who cant get that deal? With him being a prefered walk on, he is just like any other player on the team if the team pays for it or not. I think it is a good fit for him. he plays the exact same style Pitino likes to play. He is a hard working player and I am sure it is going to work out for him on the court. Can anyone say when was the last time a major D-1 coach has come to Eastern Ky to watch a player in open gym? Not to mention a coach with Pitinos reputation as being a winning coach.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I think alot of people are jealous...A pitino caliber coach doesnt come around very often and he liked what he saw...this could bring alot of attention to the region
theVILLE Wrote:I think alot of people are jealous...A pitino caliber coach doesnt come around very often and he liked what he saw...this could bring alot of attention to the region

Nitino has been to more NITS than final 4's since he went to UL. Go figure. Confusedhh:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Nitino has been to more NITS than final 4's since he went to UL. Go figure. Confusedhh:

dude what is you problem...Calapari has been to two final four and none of them on record....back on subject...congrats elisha and good pick here...wish you the best
theVILLE Wrote:dude what is you problem...Calapari has been to two final four and none of them on record....back on subject...congrats elisha and good pick here...wish you the best

UL's delustional fans make me laugh, especially you. :thatsfunn
Bobby Knight came to watch JR Vanhoose in 1996.
I understand that Elisha is going to UofL as a walk on?? Why wouldnt he pick another D1 school that would offer him some sort of scolarship?
baseballfan606 Wrote:I understand that Elisha is going to UofL as a walk on?? Why wouldnt he pick another D1 school that would offer him some sort of scolarship?

sorry guys....i hadnt read the above statements....i see why now haha...congrats Elisha.
I am willing to bet, when Pitino was on his way to SV to watch him in gym, that he knew what EJ's grades were. Why would Pitino give up a scholarship to a player who will be going to college free? EJ has a 4.0 GPA. He will get a presidentual scholarship to any school he wants to attend.

If he is looking for a back up point guard, EJ will be a good fit at U of L. He plays Pitino's style perfect, pressure defense and run run run on offense. It really wont be a total style of play difference for him.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I am willing to bet, when Pitino was on his way to SV to watch him in gym, that he knew what EJ's grades were. Why would Pitino give up a scholarship to a player who will be going to college free? EJ has a 4.0 GPA. He will get a presidentual scholarship to any school he wants to attend.

If he is looking for a back up point guard, EJ will be a good fit at U of L. He plays Pitino's style perfect, pressure defense and run run run on offense. It really wont be a total style of play difference for him.

Why would he waste a scholarship on a player that's not good enough to play at morehead, let alone UL. Seriously people, the hype here is getting rediculous. You praise Pitino now for letting him walk-on, but when he gets cut from the team, the bashing will begin.
I was just imformed that Justice is only about 5'8.. If this is true, will Elisha be joining a 5'8 and under team or something??? By no means can he play at the D1 level at that height. I'd love to see him matched up against John Wall or Eric Bledsoe. :biggrin::biggrin:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:I was just imformed that Justice is only about 5'8.. If this is true, will Elisha be joining a 5'8 and under team or something??? By no means can he play at the D1 level at that height. I'd love to see him matched up against John Wall or Eric Bledsoe. :biggrin::biggrin:

:lmao: Man I can only hope that you are some local kid here in SV trying to stir up trouble because if some of your post are real and you are being serious...........:please: STOP.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Why would he waste a scholarship on a player that's not good enough to play at morehead, let alone UL. Seriously people, the hype here is getting rediculous. You praise Pitino now for letting him walk-on, but when he gets cut from the team, the bashing will begin.

:thatsfunn Are you serious??? You say Justice can't play at Morehead, but yet he is going to UofL. Pitino wouldn't come out of his way just to see some average bball player, which is saying this kid HAS the talent. I say you should leave recruitment up to the professionals, they, unlike you know talent when they see it.
Well Eric Bledsoe is only like 5'10. And I would say Elisha is probably at least around 5'10 or 5'11, PLUS he can dunk the ball. That is something a lot of players that are 6'1 and 6'2 can't do. Plus he is the fastest player I ever played against. I guarantee all of the ppl on here bashing him have NEVER played against Elisha. When you watch him, he doesn't seem nowhere near as impressive as he does when you are against him and having to try to pass the ball and dribble the ball around him. He will be just fine at UofL and hopefully he will get the scholarship!
RB#2 Wrote::thatsfunn Are you serious??? You say Justice can't play at Morehead, but yet he is going to UofL. Pitino wouldn't come out of his way just to see some average bball player, which is saying this kid HAS the talent. I say you should leave recruitment up to the professionals, they, unlike you know talent when they see it.

I'm not to familiar with this kid but do you seriously think he can hang with guys like John Wall??
RB#2 Wrote::thatsfunn Are you serious??? You say Justice can't play at Morehead, but yet he is going to UofL. Pitino wouldn't come out of his way just to see some average bball player, which is saying this kid HAS the talent. I say you should leave recruitment up to the professionals, they, unlike you know talent when they see it.

Agree.
Justice will do just fine!!
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:I was just imformed that Justice is only about 5'8.. If this is true, will Elisha be joining a 5'8 and under team or something??? By no means can he play at the D1 level at that height. I'd love to see him matched up against John Wall or Eric Bledsoe. :biggrin::biggrin:

Hopefully you get to see him before he plays against Bledsoe because Shelby Valley will be playing LC during the regular season. It will be just like last year. :popcorn:
goodguy Wrote:Hopefully you get to see him before he plays against Bledsoe because Shelby Valley will be playing LC during the regular season. It will be just like last year. :popcorn:

Not so fast my friend, I'm not very knowledgable about either team but you can't sit back and mark down a W before the game is played. I hear LC returns a much better team than a year ago.
elisha will only get to be back up if he earns a spot. we all know pitino will sign more point guards, better point guards for that matter than elisha. i wanna see elisha play against a good school like scott county or holmes. wonder how elisha would matchup against gelawn guyn or ricardo johnson or someone like that. he plays in the weakest region in the state i mean come on. yes i know pitino sees potential in him or he wouldnt have came to valley and watched him play but i dont see elisha getting playing time at louisville. d-1 teams have players that are 6'5 and as athletic and as quick as him, he hasnt seen that before. i believe he should have waited until after this year to see what other options he has, because i dont think he will fair too well at louisville.