Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alfus21's 15th Region Rankings...
1. Paintsville - Landon Slone, J.D. Vanhoose, Shane Grimm, Daniel Pugh, Blake Bundy, Kevin Williams...Obvious favorites to anyone and everyone who knows 15th Region Basketball...

2. Johnson Central - Jamie McCarty and Kyle Rice...Great team with new Coach

3. Sheldon Clark - I'm surprised I have them this high also, but with Brandon May and Crum they will be a very hard team to stop...

4. Belfry - Matt Maynard returns to a team that shocked everybody last year..Also returns Case, but depth is questionable..

5. Shelby Valley - Mitchel Riddle is one of the most underrated players in the region, and they also return John Johnson, and have one of the best feeder programs in the state..

6. South Floyd - Ryan Johnson is a good basketball player and they will compete with Prestonsburg and Betsy Layne in the 58th...

7. Prestonsburg - Stephens is a good defensive player, and Herrick can bomb the 3...Good team that could compete with anybody...

8. Pike County Central - Any team that has Brad Lowe, who is way to underrated is a good team and can win any given night...

9. Betsy Layne - Their loss to Magoffin County earns them this spot though I think they'll move up in my rankings after getting a few games under their belt...

10. East Ridge - Lost their leading scorer, and got a new coach..Have Kyle Fletcher who needs to step up big...

11. Phelps - Phelps returns all but one starter on a team that won almost 20 games last season...The Dotson kid is a good player and Phelps could be a sleeper team..

12. Magoffin County - Big win over Betsy Layne, but it was just the 1st game of the year..I think they'll win a few more games this year..

13. Allen Central - Another tough year for the Rebs, but better than last year..

14. Lawrence County - Don't know a lot about them...

15. Pikeville - I hate to do this, but for right now I just don't know where else to put them.They've been awful the last couple of seasons and unless something has happened, not much should change..

16. Piarist

17. David School
i agree
sf should about #4 and JC # 1 but thats just my opinion
I agree with your rankings for the most part, but I think some teams can be interchangeable....
"Homer Simpson" Wrote:i guess ur ok but u need 2 drop the spelling b thing its not working so insted of researching on how to spell research the 15th region so you can see that sf has the best team this year

"Homer Simpson" Wrote:i agree
sf should about #4 and JC # 1 but thats just my opinion

Earlier you said South Floyd had the best team, yet now you rank them 4th and say Johnson Central is the best team? Which is it?
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:I agree with your rankings for the most part, but I think some teams can be interchangeable....

Yeah it's hard to rank the teams this season..A lot of the teams are even and could go either way....
I think it looks great, I like how you took a chance on Phelps and Magoffin, who are usually at the bottom of the totem pole.
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:I think it looks great, I like how you took a chance on Phelps and Magoffin, who are usually at the bottom of the totem pole.

Phelps could be a dangerous team if they play like they are capable of playing...Returning 4 starters on any team could make them dangerous...
"alfus21" Wrote:Earlier you said South Floyd had the best team, yet now you rank them 4th and say Johnson Central is the best team? Which is it?
I wasnt talking about the whole team and i rlly dont like to arguee with dictionaries ok webster so i was saying that so u wouldnt start whinning agian about sf wat i was talking about is if u dont rember the thread was best starting 5
Nah, you did say SF was the best team this year, but I'm not throwing my hat into this one... take it to a PM, so we can continue discussion.
Is Gannon back from Phelps? I really think they could do well also. They return the big guy that likes to bang and the Hunt kid.... I really like their coach too....he seems like a guy out to win and has a lot of interest in the kids doing well....
"Homer Simpson" Wrote:I wasnt talking about the whole team and i rlly dont like to arguee with dictionaries ok webster so i was saying that so u wouldnt start whinning agian about sf wat i was talking about is if u dont rember the thread was best starting 5

This is a different thread.. So keep it on topic...

Btw.. Good post alfus.. I agree with the rankings..
good luck to any 1 who thinks they can touch the raiders this year
Well, if they go undefeated, then I am POSITIVE that they will be atop Alfus' rankings
looks good......but if u were to ever update that list i would move Magoffin Co. up into the top 10
"Homer Simpson" Wrote:good luck to any 1 who thinks they can touch the raiders this year

we don't need luck. :Geek: :Wave: Confusedhh:
"Homer Simpson" Wrote:good luck to any 1 who thinks they can touch the raiders this year
Good grief. I get tired of hearing about the Raiders and the Bobcats. Is there nothing better to do where you live than to talk that much about your team? We've found out that BL is a flop. Now we'll find out SF is too.
The list is from today so it is updated. But I'm sure if MC keeps winning they will move up...or should :thumb:
"Homer Simpson" Wrote:I wasnt talking about the whole team and i rlly dont like to arguee with dictionaries ok webster so i was saying that so u wouldnt start whinning agian about sf wat i was talking about is if u dont rember the thread was best starting 5
I didn't even say anything man!:wtf1:
"Beef" Wrote:The list is from today so it is updated. But I'm sure if MC keeps winning they will move up...or should :thumb:

Yeah if they keep that up, then they'll move up..I think I'll have an every week ranking...
"Webster" Wrote:I didn't even say anything man!:wtf1:

lol..That's hilarious....He wasn't talking to you though man..He was calling me Webster for correcting his spelling numerous times...
:lol: :lol:
i am so tried of hearing that panitsville is the #1 team in the region.....i mean landon is a pretty good player but you have to remember he is just a sophmore. and that lack of high school playin time will hurt them......just about all of their team is sophmores and that will hurt them in the district johnson central will beat them out of the district and they wont even make it to the regionals
Everyone is entitled to an opinion raymond.. and Johnson Central might be a better team, but we won't really know until they play.. These rankings will change throughout the season.. But for a preseason ranking they Paintsville has to be considered for either the one or 2 spot due to not losing anyone, and being able to do so good last year
Some Of These Rankings Look Good, But You Made A Big Mistake Putting Sv In 4th Postion.they Have A Young Team With No Leaders And Have A Horrible Coaching Staff, Look For Sv To Struggle This Year And Be Out Of The Top 8 Teams In The District
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Good grief. I get tired of hearing about the Raiders and the Bobcats. Is there nothing better to do where you live than to talk that much about your team? We've found out that BL is a flop. Now we'll find out SF is too.

oh i guess we forgot how p-burge wins district every year and is so good...not...theyr'e awfulConfusedhh: ....so stay quiet because you all can't win anything
"crazytaxidriver" Wrote:Everyone is entitled to an opinion raymond.. and Johnson Central might be a better team, but we won't really know until they play.. These rankings will change throughout the season.. But for a preseason ranking they Paintsville has to be considered for either the one or 2 spot due to not losing anyone, and being able to do so good last year

They had a loosing record last year... I don't think thats doing so good :omg:
They might have lost more games than they won.. But what they did in the regional tournament was pretty impressive, considering they consisted of a bunch of younger guys..
Yeah to hear some tell it Paintsville and P-burg are the best two teams in the region. Well I think that they are BOTH (that includes "god" slone's team) are way overrated. Remember everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so there is mine and im sure I have backing from other posters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Simpson
good luck to any 1 who thinks they can touch the raiders this year

Good grief. I get tired of hearing about the Raiders and the Bobcats. Is there nothing better to do where you live than to talk that much about your team? We've found out that BL is a flop. Now we'll find out SF is too.

No need for jealousy man.
hahaha.. yeah you are entitled to your opinion.. but the whole thing is, no one is really jealous of your raiders.. they haven't done much the past few years.. But then again i could care less about high school basketball in this part of the state.. it's a joke anyway.. when was the last time a team from the 15th made it past the first round????

Yeah it's all cool to win the regional tournament but it's not goin to mean much if you can't at least win one game at state..

So anyways.. I'm not a paintsville fan, nor a J.C. fan.. or any of the other teams really.. I went to Pike Central..

But i think i can speak for BCF4L when i say, we are just tired of hearing the same thing in every thread.. If someone doesn't say SF is the best in the region they get about 20 posters running down their neck saying mason this, ethan that, ryan blah blah blah.. and basically we want to read something other than all that..