Poll: Who would you like to see Boise State play in the regular season
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Florida
56.52%
Texas
4.35%
Oklahoma
0%
Georgia
0%
Alabama
8.70%
USC
4.35%
Ohio State
4.35%
LSU
0%
Notre Dame
17.39%
Other
4.35%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boise State begging to play big schools!!!
Stardust Wrote:So every happy go lucky, dime a dozen team who has 2-3 years of success and then disappears off the face of the map, deserves to get on a perrenial powerhouse schedule every year....... BSU will be forgotten in 2 years. Just like Hawaii, Wyoming, Marshall, Fresno State, BYU for the 20 stretch.

C'mon, get real. Go do your own wikepedia top 25 search for the last 20 years and tell me what happens to these "get lucky for2 years" teams. Why should a big school waste their time with these schools who find lightening in a bottle for a couple of years then get slammed with reality and disappear, just like the rest.......

Wow, Stardust you normally make a lot of sense but you are way off on this one. You keep changing your argument every time you are called out. Let's face it, Boise State is a good established program and the big powers, including those in the SEC, don't want to schedule them because they are afraid of losing to them. Pure and simple. It's easier to schedule sisters of the poor. :Thumbs:
Hunh????? How have I changed my story????

BSU is a good established program???? What, over the last three years???? What a joke!
Stardust Wrote:Hunh????? How have I changed my story????

BSU is a good established program???? What, over the last three years???? What a joke!

If that's the only point you disagree with me on then I win. :Thumbs: :thanks:
lol, good, I hope it makes you feel GREAT!!!! But it still makes BSU a "johnny come lately" who will disappear in the night in two years and no one will talk about them for another 20 years and they do not deserve to be on any Big School schedule three years from now because of what they have done in the last two years.......
Stardust Wrote:lol, good, I hope it makes you feel GREAT!!!! But it still makes BSU a "johnny come lately" who will disappear in the night in two years and no one will talk about them for another 20 years and they do not deserve to be on any Big School schedule three years from now because of what they have done in the last two years.......

:worthy:
Stardust Wrote:lol, good, I hope it makes you feel GREAT!!!! But it still makes BSU a "johnny come lately" who will disappear in the night in two years and no one will talk about them for another 20 years and they do not deserve to be on any Big School schedule three years from now because of what they have done in the last two years.......

Now you're just talking to make noise. Blah blah blah... You haven't done ANY research, you're just throwing out one liners and making silly comments.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Wow, Stardust you normally make a lot of sense but you are way off on this one. You keep changing your argument every time you are called out. Let's face it, Boise State is a good established program and the big powers, including those in the SEC, don't want to schedule them because they are afraid of losing to them. Pure and simple. It's easier to schedule sisters of the poor. :Thumbs:

This is twice in a week I have agreed with ole Buckeye.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:This is twice in a week I have agreed with ole Buckeye.

You're learning.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:This is twice in a week I have agreed with ole Buckeye.

BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:You're learning.

Do You guys seriously believe that Boise Could play in the SEC or any true Conference. Maybe other teams have tried to schedule them but they denied the teams a chance to whip them. They play in a Mid Level conference that is dirt. They beat an Oregon team that was unprepared and was considered great after beating a over hyped USC team, Which then makes boise look way better than they are. They played one good team all of last year and lost to TCU. this year nevada will probably beat them. I'm not saying there not a good solid team. They are. but there not as good as everyone thinks they are.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Do You guys seriously believe that Boise Could play in the SEC or any true Conference. Maybe other teams have tried to schedule them but they denied the teams a chance to whip them. They play in a Mid Level conference that is dirt. They beat an Oregon team that was unprepared and was considered great after beating a over hyped USC team, Which then makes boise look way better than they are. They played one good team all of last year and lost to TCU. this year nevada will probably beat them. I'm not saying there not a good solid team. They are. but there not as good as everyone thinks they are.

First of all nobody is proposing that Boise State be admitted to the SEC. Boise State has simply made the offer to play any team on any field in the country and there are no takers. Stardust says he's afraid that they won't be any good in two or three years and uses that as an argument not to schedule them now. That doesn't keep SEC and other BCS Conference powers from scheduling Troy, Furman, Akron, Citadel, New Mexico State, SC-Charleston, Texas State, EKU, Louisiana - Monroe, Memphis, Delaware State, Eastern Michigan, Arkansas State, etc... on a regular basis. I say go ahead and replace Troy with Boise State. If Boise is no good then you have another guaranteed win. If they are good, then you get a great game at home that sends you up in the rankings if you win.

As for asking if BSU can compete in the SEC; Kentucky and Vanderbilt can't compete in the SEC and I don't hear any chatter about tossing them out. Boise would drill either of those cellar dwellers! :Thumbs:
I have to agree with Buckeye. If you was Boise St, you are doing what the BCS is kinda wanting you to do. Make your schedule better so we can't look at you at the end of the year and blame your silly weak schedule as a reason not to admit you in the BCS game. I do however feel that Boise St needs to be in a better conference. I feel they can play alot of the SEC, ACC, and Big Ten teams. If they took three teams that are not any good, and replace them with UNC, Arkansas, and Purdue, and won those games, would that make it better than what they was playing. They are stepping up where most other teams like TCU, Hawaii, and any other mid level teams are not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I believe with everybody healthy UK could squeak by
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:First of all nobody is proposing that Boise State be admitted to the SEC. Boise State has simply made the offer to play any team on any field in the country and there are no takers. Stardust says he's afraid that they won't be any good in two or three years and uses that as an argument not to schedule them now. That doesn't keep SEC and other BCS Conference powers from scheduling Troy, Furman, Akron, Citadel, New Mexico State, SC-Charleston, Texas State, EKU, Louisiana - Monroe, Memphis, Delaware State, Eastern Michigan, Arkansas State, etc... on a regular basis. I say go ahead and replace Troy with Boise State. If Boise is no good then you have another guaranteed win. If they are good, then you get a great game at home that sends you up in the rankings if you win.

As for asking if BSU can compete in the SEC; Kentucky and Vanderbilt can't compete in the SEC and I don't hear any chatter about tossing them out. Boise would drill either of those cellar dwellers! :Thumbs:

This post is similar to one I posted earlier in this thread. No one is arguing they can beat the good teams but they have proven themselves a worthy adversary more so then these rinkydink programs the big dogs play every year. If they suck, why not play them, it will be an easy win. Schedule them for homecoming. I don't see the point of arguing against Boise when these programs are playing cellar dwellers every year.