Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clunkers, Taxpayers Paid $24,000 Per Car
Analysts from Edmunds.com reports that the Cash for Clunkers program sold few additional cars.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- A total of 690,000 new vehicles were sold under the Cash for Clunkers program last summer, but only 125,000 of those were vehicles that would not have been sold anyway, according to an analysis released Wednesday by the automotive Web site Edmunds.com.

The average rebate was $4,000. But the overwhelming majority of sales would have taken place anyway at some time in the last half of 2009, according to Edmunds.com. That means the government ended up spending about $24,000 each for those 125,000 additional vehicle sales.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/28/autos/cl.../index.htm
Republicans need to remind voters of the failure of the Cash for Clunkers program every day. The program is just the latest example of why all Americans should be laughing at the the Obamunists' claims that nationalizing our health care system will result in lower costs and higher quality service.
problem is those who used the government handout thought it was a great program. Hard to argue against "free" money from the government. It was a waste of resources but money and used cars. Typical government program.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Republicans need to remind voters of the failure of the Cash for Clunkers program every day. The program is just the latest example of why all Americans should be laughing at the the Obamunists' claims that nationalizing our health care system will result in lower costs and higher quality service.
Democrats need to remind voters about the $10 billion a month spent in Iraq for the past 7 years.
TheRealVille Wrote:Democrats need to remind voters about the $10 billion a month spent in Iraq for the past 7 years.
and is still currently being spent with no real direction
nky Wrote:and is still currently being spent with no real direction
I'll second that also.
TheRealVille Wrote:Democrats need to remind voters about the $10 billion a month spent in Iraq for the past 7 years.

Why would democrats remind voters of money being spent that they helped approve for 3 years (war started in 2003, democrats gained complete control of the house and senate in 2006...)? That'd be just plain silly. Since 2006, democrats have both proposed the spending you speak of, and passed it. And when Obama commits tens of thousands of more troops, along with more resources... you can bet, the democrats will once again be the one behind the spending.
I think the "cash for clunkers" program was a great idea, but I have no political reason why. I don't worry about politics and get all worked up over them. There's nothing I can do to change them.
I love politics if the Dems approve spending more in Iraq then they are throwing money away. If the Dems vote it down they don't support the troops. It is a no win for both sides.
that was a bust they said my car didnt qualify for it and i have no credit so i was basically SCR****
Wildcats11 Wrote:I don't worry about politics and get all worked up over them. There's nothing I can do to change them.

Unless you just don't care, you CAN do something about it... You can still do things to change the world. And its just that, changing the world. Because this nation sets the standard, and the entire world is watching. And I urge you to do just that. I would rather someone oppose everything that I'm for with EVERYTHING they have in them.. than to sit back and allow my voice to be heard without as much as a peep from them.

Look, I understand the frustration that often occurs with politics, and you feel like its unchangeable, and your voice doesn't matter. But the fact is, government is elected by the people, and just as easily as it was made the way it is, and it can be revived, reformed, and restored to what you want and believe it should be. You just gotta be willing to put yourself out there and say the things that others are afraid to say, listen to the things that other are afraid to hear, and attempt the things that others are afraid to try. Ronald Reagan said it perfectly, "The future doesn't belong to the faint-hearted.. its belongs to the brave." So if you can vote, do. If you can give time, or money.. donate it. And if you have a voice, or a thought.. share it. If you do these things, the only thing you'll find that you regret.. is not doing it often enough. There's no shame in losing a political battle... but there's great shame in not fighting it to begin with, because you were afraid of failure.. As Obama said in one of the greatest speeches ever given by a public figure, (his address to the nations school children earlier this year), ".. You must not let your failures define you; instead, let them teach you."

WC11, I dunno who you are, what background you come from, or what your political philosophy is.. but I can tell you without a doubt, your voice matters. You can reshape the entire world... I am convinced that the voice of the single individual, such as yourself, can and will drown out the silence of millions.

And when you doubt your success, rely on that inner voice that tells you to keep pushing.

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the entire staircase.. just take that first step!" Martin Luther King, Jr.