Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Wall certified by NCAA with conditions
http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-bask...09aab.html

Oct. 30, 2009

LEXINGTON, Ky. - University of Kentucky men's basketball student-athlete John Wall has been certified with conditions by the NCAA. The conditions are repayment of expenses and a two-game withholding, including the first exhibition game versus Campbellsville (Nov. 2) and the first regular-season game against Morehead State (Nov. 13).

Wall, a 6-4 freshman point guard from Raleigh, N.C., was one of five freshmen on the Naismith Preseason watch list. A pre-season All-American according to several national publications, Wall was the top recruit in the country last season according to Rivals.com.

"I'm grateful to have this decision behind me. All I ever wanted was to go to school and play ball with my team," said UK freshman John Wall. "This has been really hard for my mom and I want to thank her for her support during this process."

The repayment of expenses includes a total of $787.58, consisting predominantly of travel expenses incurred during Wall's unofficial visits to various institutions during his junior year at Word of God Christian Academy.

"We're appreciative of the process and the NCAA's willingness to listen," said UK Athletics Director Mitch Barnhart. "The NCAA staff worked to keep the welfare of the student-athlete in mind throughout this process. I'm happy for Coach Calipari and John Wall that he will get a chance to represent the Wildcats this season. He's a great young man and deserves to be able to concentrate fully on his academics and basketball."

"John Wall is a great kid who always tries to do the right thing and his mother is a great lady," said UK head coach John Calipari. "I'm just happy this is behind us."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
In short: Wall has to pay $787.57 to a charity of his choice, and he will have to sit out the first exhibition with Campbellsville and the season opener against Morehead State.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am glad that was all! UK fans can live with that.

This could be a blessing in disguise because Eric Bledsoe will get a couple starts at PG under his belt.
alright glad its over now play ball,go cats
Sounds good to me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Great news. After watching the Blue/White game, I am truly excited about Wall and the team. Can't wait for the season to get under way.
great job to the ncaa now are they anywhere i can send wall a donation just kidding but really if i had to i would but cant wait to see him lets go blue
I was just told by a UL fan that John Wall wasn't near the player Siva is. That remark just made my day complete. :biggrin:
Thank Goodness.

Lets Get It On!
So where does Wall get the $780?????
this is good news. sucks for john and his family though, thats a lot of money to pay
Stardust Wrote:So where does Wall get the $780?????
I'm sure his mother has that money. From what I've heard, the 2 trips to UK is the only ones that Clifton actually paid for and that Wall's mother paid for the others. So it shouldn't be a big deal to pay that money back.
just wondering about the kid from duke he played on the same team at the same time why doesn't he get suspended or is it for the trips to UK
beasy_bo Wrote:just wondering about the kid from duke he played on the same team at the same time why doesn't he get suspended or is it for the trips to UK

Clifton didn't pay for his visits. Maybe he paid for the trips himself. I'm not sure if this is the case, I'm just saying.
Nothing we can do. Just be glad we have wall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Nothing we can do. Just be glad we have wall.

Amen!!
One game against Morehead! I will take that anyday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Stardust Wrote:So where does Wall get the $780?????

You called me crazy saying he may get suspended for an exhibition game. Wink
I'm glad that's all it was...... Yeah I didn't originally think they could use an exhibition game, but I sure am glad they did...haha
Still a little confused about all this...but good luck with everything