Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis County 28 Magoffin County 24
Final.
Congrats LC
Yeah good game Lions. We fed the Beave and they couldnt stop it. This was probably one of the worst officiated games Ive ever seen though. Lewis County forced a total of 8 fumbles and recovered 7 of them but the refs kept only 4 in play. There was one in particular that i remember, We forced a fumble on a screen, Cole Cooper picks it up and starts running down the sideline, i mean he had 6 easy, and they blow it dead, after he had already took off. They were really bad tonight. It was easy to see that they wanted Magoffin to win on their Senior Night.
Nice win for the Lions.
Nice job Lions I have been pulling for you guy's all season long, good luck with Belfry, as for us we get to go to Log Mountain and play top ranked Bell County.:Thumbs:
Great win bunch...keep it rollin!
I picked Magoffin in a close one, Lewis wins a close one. Lewis has played well as of late. Sounds like fumbles hurt Magoffin.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:I picked Magoffin in a close one, Lewis wins a close one. Lewis has played well as of late. Sounds like fumbles hurt Magoffin.
yeah, fumbles didn't hurt Magoffin, it killed them. I can't remember exactly but I'm wanting to say they had 4 turnovers off of fumbles. And as someone mentioned earlier there was a few more fumbles that the ref blowed dead..some of them were actually close and I feel the right call was made. Magoffin also had a few starters fighting through sickness. LC showed up ready to play, like I knew they would. But it would have been a totally different ball game if Magoffin could have held on to the ball. I mean they had 4 turnovers and still only lost by 4 points. Congratulations to LC on the win, and good luck to both teams on the remainder of the season.
any one have the stats from this game ? ?
Best daggoned game I've seen all year. Our Lions played like true winners, wish they coulda played like that all year long. It was the most exciting game of the year. WE LOVE OUR LEWIS COUNTY LIONS AND WE BELIEVE!!!!!!!
Sundance Kid Wrote:yeah, fumbles didn't hurt Magoffin, it killed them. I can't remember exactly but I'm wanting to say they had 4 turnovers off of fumbles. And as someone mentioned earlier there was a few more fumbles that the ref blowed dead..some of them were actually close and I feel the right call was made. Magoffin also had a few starters fighting through sickness. LC showed up ready to play, like I knew they would. But it would have been a totally different ball game if Magoffin could have held on to the ball. I mean they had 4 turnovers and still only lost by 4 points. Congratulations to LC on the win, and good luck to both teams on the remainder of the season.

yeah but they shouldnt have even had one scoring drive besides the first one because every drive they scored on excluding the first they "fumbled", lost it, and the refs blew em dead, if this game wouldve went the right way, w/o the refs trying to screw over Lewis County, it would've been 40-something to 6. Lewis County also had starters fighting through sickness. and none of the fumbles were close, i was on the field at the time of the occurence i had a better view than you, lol.
LClion4life Wrote:yeah but they shouldnt have even had one scoring drive besides the first one because every drive they scored on excluding the first they "fumbled", lost it, and the refs blew em dead, if this game wouldve went the right way, w/o the refs trying to screw over Lewis County, it would've been 40-something to 6. Lewis County also had starters fighting through sickness. and none of the fumbles were close, i was on the field at the time of the occurence i had a better view than you, lol.

yes fumbles killed magoffin....everything for magoffin was very spotty, and the refs wasnt trying to screw lewis county over, there was bad calls for both teams. and i kno for a fact me and sundance kid had a better view of the game than everybody in this forum, lol. But, congrats to LC...magoffin keep your heads up, and good luck to both teams as they both will be going on the road into very hostile environment at somerset and belfry.
:Thumbs:
Soulja Boi 28 Wrote:yes fumbles killed magoffin....everything for magoffin was very spotty, and the refs wasnt trying to screw lewis county over, there was bad calls for both teams. and i kno for a fact me and sundance kid had a better view of the game than everybody in this forum, lol. But, congrats to LC...magoffin keep your heads up, and good luck to both teams as they both will be going on the road into very hostile environment at somerset and belfry.
Sounds like us, as we travel to Log Mountain, good luck to both teams.:Thumbs:
Good win for LC. What does that make their win/loss record?
Did the lights go out during 4th quarter?
Blueblood JiveTurkey Wrote:Good win for LC. What does that make their win/loss record?

4-6
goal_line Wrote:Did the lights go out during 4th quarter?

Yes, for about 10-15 min.
LC 4-6 best since 05'
good win for lewis, another tough loss for magoffin, Play calling on magoffins part is always questionable, honestly i think they could be 9-1 if it wasnt for the play calling but there not lol good luck to both teams in the playoffs
Apollo Wrote:good win for lewis, another tough loss for magoffin, Play calling on magoffins part is always questionable, honestly i think they could be 9-1 if it wasnt for the play calling but there not lol good luck to both teams in the playoffs

First off it wasn't the play calling; it was the players trying to execute the plays. It is not the coaches fault when the players put the ball on the field.

Second for the guy that is trying to say the ref's were cheating for Magoffin; if that were true then the ball would have been blown dead when the quarterback fumbled and lewis county scored on it. He would have simply blown it an incomplete pass. Which I still think it was.
Another big call that went Lewis's way was the Personel Foul that was called during a big return by Magoffin on one of their players for hitting too hard. :eyeroll::eyeroll:
The ref's were far from being good or great; but Lewis got their share of the calls and especially for a team traveling out of their home region.
Tricky Wrote:First off it wasn't the play calling; it was the players trying to execute the plays. It is not the coaches fault when the players put the ball on the field.

Second for the guy that is trying to say the ref's were cheating for Magoffin; if that were true then the ball would have been blown dead when the quarterback fumbled and lewis county scored on it. He would have simply blown it an incomplete pass. Which I still think it was.
Another big call that went Lewis's way was the Personel Foul that was called during a big return by Magoffin on one of their players for hitting too hard. :eyeroll::eyeroll:
The ref's were far from being good or great; but Lewis got their share of the calls and especially for a team traveling out of their home region.

inconsistency