Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Spikes Eye Gouge?
Redneck Wrote:This is no different than what the player from Oregon did at Boise State the first game of the season, look what happened to him. It doesn't matter if it was retaliation or not, he got caught. IDK about you but I was always taught and coached that the one who retaliates is always the one who gets caught.

Blount didn't try to hide, he didn't hit him in the bottom of a pile, he just knocked him out. Give Blount 7 games, give Spikes 1.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Blount didn't try to hide, he didn't hit him in the bottom of a pile, he just knocked him out. Give Blount 7 games, give Spikes 1.

That doesn't matter. I'd much rather have a broken jaw or concussion than I would be blinded for the rest of my life.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
I honestly think the Blunt incident is much more severe than the eye gouge. Dont get me wrong it was dirty in all aspects, but just like the RB said its part of the game and it happens all the time. I know as a person carying the ball it was very common to have your junk pulled on, eyes poked, on ever bitten at the bottom of a pile.
Redneck Wrote:This is no different than what the player from Oregon did at Boise State the first game of the season, look what happened to him. It doesn't matter if it was retaliation or not, he got caught. IDK about you but I was always taught and coached that the one who retaliates is always the one who gets caught.

This is very true in almost every incident!
csabo17 Wrote:I honestly think the Blunt incident is much more severe than the eye gouge. Dont get me wrong it was dirty in all aspects, but just like the RB said its part of the game and it happens all the time. I know as a person carying the ball it was very common to have your junk pulled on, eyes poked, on ever bitten at the bottom of a pile.

I know what your sayin man, I played football too, it happens and sadly it is part of the game. I didn't do stuff like that but it sure happened to me. I was dirtier on a basketball court than I was on the football field. What I mean by that is in basketball, when somebody got rough with me I got rough back. They put their elbow in my kidneys when I post up, I give them an elbow to the forehead. I'm not condonin that in any way, but if your gonna do stuff like that, ya gotta learn how to get away with it. It was different in football. If somebody gave me a cheap shot, I knew that sometime later in the game I would be able to pay them back. Playin the TE/WR position, I knew that I could crack down or crack back on certain plays. Legal hits, but anybody who has played knows that gettin blind sided aint no fun, lol. As big and physical as Brandon Spikes is, he could have made the RB pay with his hart hittin throughout the game, not by gougin his eyes out in the bottom of a pile. He should be ashamed of himself.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
I know my son was playing high school basketball, and was being guarded by a guy so closely that he kept throwing punches in his ribs with his elbows He didn't know what to do, so he asked to be taken out to get some advice from one of the assistant coaches. He told him to back him up real closely in a corner so that it was barely visible and than reach around with his free hand and squeeze his cajones as hard as he possibly could and that would get him to leave him alone, he did what he said. The boy asked to be taken out after this happened and as they shook hands after the game he told my son "good game." I don't things like this should have a place in any kind of sports, but sometimes, it's the survival of the fittist. In the Georgia's players incident, he wasn't at the bottom of the pile, Spikes was standing directly over him. Slime agreeing with Urban about 1/2 game suspension is a joke and he needs to be kicked out of his job, what a loser.