Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative vs Liberal
If a conservative doesn’t like guns, he doesn't buy one.

If a liberal doesn’t like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.

If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.

A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.

Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.

A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn’t like a talk show host, he switches channels.

Liberals demand that those they don’t like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believe r, he doesn’t go to church.

A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it’s a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.

A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and is embarrassed.

If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he’s in labor and then sues.

If a conservative reads this, he’ll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.

A liberal will delete it because he’s “offended” (p.s. and call you a racist).

:igiveup:
I take it your a conservative?

A republican found a magic genie's lamp and rubbed it. The genie said : "I will grant you one wish." He said : "I wish I were smarter". So the genie made him smarter. The next day he became a Democrat.

Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.

The more they talk, the more being called a Liberal sounds like a compliment

Republicans want to punish work and reward wealth; hence the high payroll tax and the low dividend tax. Said one Bush economic adviser, if we can't help wealthy investors and screw working people, what's the point in being a Republican?

A good Republican is one who doesn't want anybody to know it.
I'm a little bit of both but not enough to be called either, so I guess I'm an American. My stance on the issues

Abortion-opposed, but can see a case for it if the mothers live is in eminent danger

Guns-No one can tell me how many or what type to have, but I don't have the right to armor piercing ammo. Never seen a deer weaering a Kevlar vest.

Environment-For strong regulation. I would be less inclined if I saw more than a handful of my fellow East Kentuckians getting rich from mining. Most mines are owned by out of state or foreign interest.

Taxes-Hate them but willing to pay them.

Military spending-Don't spend another penny, until we at least double the pay for every American soldier, and make the VA a state of the art medical program.

Social security-Hate it and will never see a dime of it. I think of it as extortion. I pay it so the sorry bunch drawing SSI won't steal any of my stuff

Politicians-we need term limits now and their retirement and perks package needs to be cut immediately!! What ever happened to pulbic servants?

Death penalty-oppose. It's too good for them. Life in prision or torture. Dying is just too quick in my opinion

Public Education-Strong supporter, but schools should not be required to teach morals or character, parents should be doing this.

I voted for Nadar for president because I could stomach pulling the lever for either of the major party candidates.
I will send it own. Why am i responsible for providing any other person anything. Although we all may chose to help others where does this give me stuff stop. Mining always seems to come up on these posts. 17% of the workers in martin county are employed directly in mining they earn 40.5 % of the income which means they pay more taxes. Mining also paid about $22 million a month last year in severance taxes. Now the national democrat party is aganist mining well, all heavy industry, but they are for increasing all kinds of social programs. Stop producers and the looters won't have anything to give the moochers.
Every morning I wake up, Im thankful to God Im alive. Im thankful I have an amazing family. Im thankful I have my health and a future. Im thankful for our troops fighting, and to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. And every morning I wake up, Im thankful to call myself a diehard American conservative Republican.
Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"If you are not a liberal at the age of 20, you have no heart.
If you are not a conservative at the age of 40, you have no brain."

Winston Churchill
hawg laig Wrote:I'm a little bit of both but not enough to be called either, so I guess I'm an American. My stance on the issues

Abortion-opposed, but can see a case for it if the mothers live is in eminent danger

Guns-No one can tell me how many or what type to have, but I don't have the right to armor piercing ammo. Never seen a deer weaering a Kevlar vest.

Environment-For strong regulation. I would be less inclined if I saw more than a handful of my fellow East Kentuckians getting rich from mining. Most mines are owned by out of state or foreign interest.

Military spending-Don't spend another penny, until we at least double the pay for every American soldier, and make the VA a state of the art medical program.

Social security-Hate it and will never see a dime of it. I think of it as extortion. I pay it so the sorry bunch drawing SSI won't steal any of my stuff

Politicians-we need term limits now and their retirement and perks package needs to be cut immediately!! What ever happened to pulbic servants?

Death penalty-oppose. It's too good for them. Life in prision or torture. Dying is just too quick in my opinion

Public Education-Strong supporter, but schools should not be required to teach morals or character, parents should be doing this.

I voted for Nadar for president because I could stomach pulling the lever for either of the major party candidates.

Good post. Don't agree with everything but I do agree with most of what you are stating.
Stardust Wrote:If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

Wait a second. What homosexual conservative are you speaking of? This is too funny. The rest of the ideas are pretty good though.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I take it your a conservative?

A republican found a magic genie's lamp and rubbed it. The genie said : "I will grant you one wish." He said : "I wish I were smarter". So the genie made him smarter. The next day he became a Democrat.

Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.

The more they talk, the more being called a Liberal sounds like a compliment

Republicans want to punish work and reward wealth; hence the high payroll tax and the low dividend tax. Said one Bush economic adviser, if we can't help wealthy investors and screw working people, what's the point in being a Republican?

A good Republican is one who doesn't want anybody to know it.

You have it twisted.

You reward work by giving tax breaks to wealthy so they will invest to allow more jobs.

Liberals reward moochers and feel all are entitled to things most people work for.
NEXT Wrote:You have it twisted.

You reward work by giving tax breaks to wealthy so they will invest to allow more jobs.

Liberals reward moochers and feel all are entitled to things most people work for.

These are Conservative jokes. Nothing Personal.
hawg laig Wrote:I'm a little bit of both but not enough to be called either, so I guess I'm an American. My stance on the issues

Agree with almost everything but the bolded.

Mining in EKY and SWV gives us jobs that pay $34-$100k, and most do it enviromently responsibly. There is simply NO OTHER industry that can come here and offer that, PERIOD.
NEXT Wrote:Agree with almost everything but the bolded.

Mining in EKY and SWV gives us jobs that pay $34-$100k, and most do it enviromently responsibly. There is simply NO OTHER industry that can come here and offer that, PERIOD.

That is true. My family as many other familys depend on coal industries for jobs. People from the citys dont understand this.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:That is true. My family as many other familys depend on coal industries for jobs. People from the citys dont understand this.

Then why are you on here bashing the mining industry all the time?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Then why are you on here bashing the mining industry all the time?

Because there destroying are state. Doing as they please and then leaving. Destroying Mountains, Streams, Hollows, Lakes. I am not against coal mining in anyway. I just do believe that there can be an alternative source of energy and cleaner more effective way to use our coal.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Because there destroying are state. Doing as they please and then leaving. Destroying Mountains, Streams, Hollows, Lakes. I am not against coal mining in anyway. I just do believe that there can be an alternative source of energy and cleaner more effective way to use our coal.

That happened in the past, but I think most companies now are doing good things and allowing the use of the land for good reasons.
I agree that coal mining is vital to the economy of East Kentucky. The wages and benifits are among the best for all regional professions, and yes it is a profession. The problem I have, is all the profit goes out of the region and state, and what is left is damaged land, and a workforce who are also physically damaged. I have got four members of my family who struggled to get out of bed every morning due to injuries sustained working in the mine or running equipment.I want the profit to stay HERE!!!
Some companies do invest profits into the community but the majority don't. If we as a people pay the price then we should see the profit.
Another Conservative vs. Liberal issue I have is elected politicians making public anouncements and having ceremonies when they bring funds or projects to the area.
Sorry big time politician, that was our money to start with. They should never take credit for giving back half of what was rightfully ours to start with.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Because there destroying are state. Doing as they please and then leaving. Destroying Mountains, Streams, Hollows, Lakes. I am not against coal mining in anyway. I just do believe that there can be an alternative source of energy and cleaner more effective way to use our coal.

I'm not against coal mining at all. I come from generations of miners. However when i was hiking this past weekend i looked east and seen a mounain nearly cut in half. I looked west and seen the same thing. Are some of the practices being practiced today the best for coal mining, the enviroment and the local economy. Someone with more insight tell me how man people does it take to operate a deep mines, strip mines and a mountain top removal sight.
hawg laig Wrote:I agree that coal mining is vital to the economy of East Kentucky. The wages and benifits are among the best for all regional professions, and yes it is a profession. The problem I have, is all the profit goes out of the region and state, and what is left is damaged land, and a workforce who are also physically damaged. I have got four members of my family who struggled to get out of bed every morning due to injuries sustained working in the mine or running equipment.I want the profit to stay HERE!!!
Some companies do invest profits into the community but the majority don't. If we as a people pay the price then we should see the profit.

Agreed, Same Situation. My father struggles to get out of bed in the morning. But would argue with me till the grave about coal mining.

Matman Wrote:I'm not against coal mining at all. I come from generations of miners. However when i was hiking this past weekend i looked east and seen a mounain nearly cut in half. I looked west and seen the same thing. Are some of the practices being practiced today the best for coal mining, the enviroment and the local economy. Someone with more insight tell me how man people does it take to operate a deep mines, strip mines and a mountain top removal sight.

Id like to here more about it as well. I learned a lot from Nina McCoy In biology. But would like to here it from someone else.
Matman Wrote:I'm not against coal mining at all. I come from generations of miners. However when i was hiking this past weekend i looked east and seen a mounain nearly cut in half. I looked west and seen the same thing. Are some of the practices being practiced today the best for coal mining, the enviroment and the local economy. Someone with more insight tell me how man people does it take to operate a deep mines, strip mines and a mountain top removal sight.

The link below is to a article written by Gene Kitts, VP of ICG, the article explains why we surface mine, This article was prepared for the "Coal Tattoo" which is a anti mining web site maintained by Ken Ward.

http://blogs.wvgazette.com/coaltattoo/20.../#more-996
Old School Wrote:The link below is to a article written by Gene Kitts, VP of ICG, the article explains why we surface mine, This article was prepared for the "Coal Tattoo" which is a anti mining web site maintained by Ken Ward.

http://blogs.wvgazette.com/coaltattoo/20.../#more-996

VP of International Coal Group, Inc.? .

there is some very interesting comments and replies on the matter. read them as wel
congressman Wrote:Wait a second. What homosexual conservative are you speaking of? This is too funny. The rest of the ideas are pretty good though.

That would be The Log Cabin Republicans.
THE HISTORY OF MEN.. in general

For those that don’t know the history of men … Here is a condensed version:

MEN and woman originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

From a man’s standpoint, the two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:

1. Liberals, and
2. Conservatives

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while men were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That’s how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Qs and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

...the rest of the story
Gallup: Number of Self-identified Dems Falling
Rasmussen: GOP Has Nine Point Advantage on a Generic Ballot
—Gabriel Malor

Some big poll news: first, Gallup says that for the first time in three years Democratic self-identification fell below 50% in 2009. That's the yearly number, so it obscures just how far the Democrats' numbers have fallen. The last quarter of 2009 was particularly bad...er, good:

In the first quarter of 2009, coincident with the beginning of the Obama administration, Democrats enjoyed one of the largest advantages for either party since 1991, 13 percentage points (51.7% of Americans identified as Democrats or leaned Democratic, versus 38.7% who identified as or leaned Republican). In each subsequent quarter, the percentage of Democratic supporters declined, and by the fourth quarter, the Democratic advantage had shrunk to 5 points (47.2% to 42.2%).

Second, Rasmussen has Republicans at 44% to Dem 35% on the generic ballot:

The latest generic ballot numbers highlight a remarkable change in the political environment during 2009. When President Obama was inaugurated, the Democrats enjoyed a seven-point advantage on the Generic Ballot. That means the GOP has made a net gain of 16 percentage points over the course of the year. Support for Democrats has declined eight points since Obama's inauguration while Republican support is up nine points.

Let's get this party started.

:letsparty Confusedinglepar
I recently asked my friends' little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, 'If you were President what would be the first thing you would do? '

She replied, 'I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people.'

Her parents beamed with pride.

'Wow...what a worthy goal.' I told her, 'But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house. '

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, ' Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50? '

I said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party.'

Her parents still aren't speaking to me.
Yes, yes, if only the homeless could form a coalition to rake the leaves from all the plush lawns in downtown Big City where the financiers who carve up the planet work but don't live.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Every morning I wake up, Im thankful to God Im alive. Im thankful I have an amazing family. Im thankful I have my health and a future. Im thankful for our troops fighting, and to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. And every morning I wake up, Im thankful to call myself a diehard American conservative Republican.
Big Grin

Couldn't have said it any better...
thecavemaster Wrote:Yes, yes, if only the homeless could form a coalition to rake the leaves from all the plush lawns in downtown Big City where the financiers who carve up the planet work but don't live.

:what:

Cavemaster, I do admire you for your resilence and ability to stand up for your beliefs against overwhelming opposition on this forum. But, WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS POST MEAN?!
Joe Friday Wrote::what:

Cavemaster, I do admire you for your resilence and ability to stand up for your beliefs against overwhelming opposition on this forum. But, WHAT THE HECK DOES THIS POST MEAN?!

haha, I think you are misinterpreting batman. It's not resilience, it's just plain out denial and refusing to admit your either (A) wrong or (B) dont know what your talking about to begin with. Thus, a bunch of mumbo jumbo in the hopes that nobody can figure out what you saying and they'll ultimately forget they even asked a question to begin with.

I think we also all assume that ole cavemaster "aint gonna be raking nobody's leaves either" as long as the U.S. Mail still runs.:biggrin: