Poll: Christmas Tree or Holiday Tree?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It should be called a Christmas Tree.
74.00%
It should be called a Holiday Tree so we don't offend anyone.
2.00%
I have no opinion on the matter. (Then why did you read this thread?)
2.00%
What the **** is a Holiday Tree?
22.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Tree or Holiday Tree?
Just another example of special interest minority's imposing their will on the rest of us....One doesn't have to look any further than this poll.
UGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Beshear just lost my vote and I guarantee alot of other people's...
HeHateMe Wrote:Call it anything you want...just leave me a present under it!! LOL!!

:worthy:
I agree with all of you,its a CHRISTmas Tree.
The upcoming season is about our Lord Jesus,I just don't understand why there are some that want to take the name of our Lord Jesus out of everything,it really makes me sad how some people would do this.My Lord Jesus is why I'm here today,without him I could do nothing,He is my everything.Jesus is our Lord and we need to do this:worthy:more and more everyday.
vundy33 Wrote:UGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Beshear just lost my vote and I guarantee alot of other people's...
Did he ever have it? Did you vote for him last time?
RealVille likes to claim he is a "christian", but if one didn't know better one would think he was the total opposite. I'm beginning to think the same.

And I don't want to hear your "I never said this" and "I never said that", because I've read your claiming to be a christian a few times a few months back. And if you are indeed a "christian" you are making a good case against your faith.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:RealVille likes to claim he is a "christian", but if one didn't know better one would think he was the total opposite. I'm beginning to think the same.

And I don't want to hear your "I never said this" and "I never said that", because I've read your claiming to be a christian a few times a few months back. And if you are indeed a "christian" you are making a good case against your faith.
You must have missed the post where I said that my studies have me wondering anymore. I don't see what your point about me in this thread is about. For that matter, I don't think it's any of your business about my faith or lack thereof. Where did your post come from, and what did I say to cause it. He said Beshear lost his vote and I asked him if he ever had it. I have said in this thread that I think it should remain Christmas tree, what more do you want.
TheRealVille Wrote:You must have missed the post where I said that my studies have me wondering anymore. I don't see what your point about me in this thread is about. For that matter, I don't think it's any of your business about my faith or lack thereof. Where did your post come from, and what did I say to cause it. He said Beshear lost his vote and I asked him if he ever had it. I have said in this thread that I think it should remain Christmas tree, what more do you want.

Studying science will get you nowhere.

You said the name should remain Christmas tree based on history and tradition, not for the appropriate reason that is actually called a Christmas tree (hence the name). Of course, that's more a matter of opinion than anything else. So I may not have been right to call you out on that (oh well).

If your faith is not my business or anyone else's, then why did you post it previously? You don't think it's anyone business? Then that's fine. But don't post it and not expect someone to use it against you in an argument.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Studying science will get you nowhere.

You said the name should remain Christmas tree based on history and tradition, not for the appropriate reason that is actually called a Christmas tree (hence the name). Of course, that's more a matter of opinion than anything else. So I may not have been right to call you out on that (oh well).

If your faith is not my business or anyone else's, then why did you post it previously? You don't think it's anyone business? Then that's fine. But don't post it and not expect someone to use it against you in an argument.
Actually, my degree is in Biblical studies. Until you study Christianity and it's roots and get away from blind faith, you really don't have a debate with me. Other than that, "christians" make me dislike "religion" more than anything else. When you think you are up to a good debate on Christianity, without blind faith, on a theological level, start a thread.

Ps: If I am any kind of "christian" these days, it is a Bono type Christian.
TheRealVille Wrote:Did he ever have it? Did you vote for him last time?

Indeed I did.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Studying science will get you nowhere.

Where would you be without science and the study of it? :lmao:

That has to be one of the best quotes of all time in BGR history!:Clap:

I feel sorry for your children.:goofy:

Math and Science be ****ed!:Hammer3:
DevilsWin Wrote:Where would you be without science and the study of it? :lmao:

That has to be one of the best quotes of all time in BGR history!:Clap:

I feel sorry for your children.:goofy:

Math and Science be ****ed!:Hammer3:

Cant even come close to your classic , "Obama now has the economy on the right track." Dont sell yourself short DW. You still da man.:rockon:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Cant even come close to your classic , "Obama now has the economy on the right track." Dont sell yourself short DW. You still da man.:rockon:
Darn you Kimball! :HitWall:

Hey, things will get better eventually!:Thumbs: Maybe. I hope.:biggrin:
DevilsWin Wrote:Darn you Kimball! :HitWall:

Hey, things will get better eventually!:Thumbs: Maybe. I hope.:biggrin:
LOL..with that kind of manic optimism, how could it not?:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DevilsWin Wrote:Darn you Kimball! :HitWall:

Quote:Hey, things will get better eventually!:
Thumbs: Maybe. I hope.:biggrin:

lol..... Yeah, lets hope it does.
Rocky Top Wrote:I agree with all of you,its a CHRISTmas Tree.
The upcoming season is about our Lord Jesus,I just don't understand why there are some that want to take the name of our Lord Jesus out of everything,it really makes me sad how some people would do this.My Lord Jesus is why I'm here today,without him I could do nothing,He is my everything.Jesus is our Lord and we need to do this:worthy:more and more everyday.

Lots of people function very well day by day who do not share your belief. In that "jesus" was supposedly nailed to a tree, do you think he really cares what a bunch of people name a tree? Is that why he allowed himself to be nailed up? So a bunch of people could make a big fuss out of nothing but sentimental nonsense?
I'm thinking the lighting of a Christmas Tree in ones home is a German tradition started in the 1800's.

If that were true why are we Americans even concerned?

Maybe because the people who hold the power want us to fight against one another so that we don't come together and run them all out of office!

Just a thought.
DevilsWin Wrote:I'm thinking the lighting of a Christmas Tree in ones home is a German tradition started in the 1800's.

If that were true why are we Americans even concerned?

Maybe because the people who hold the power want us to fight against one another so that we don't come together and run them all out of office!
Just a thought.

Quite a few need run out. I'll not disagree with you on that.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Beshear is a piece of garbage anyway. He was garbage before this, so I wouldnt expect anything different from him. If anybody walks into my house and says "Thats a nice Holiday tree", Ill punch them in the kidneys.

I literally lol'd when I read this. But I agree, its a frekon Christmas tree.
TheRealVille Wrote:Actually, my degree is in Biblical studies. Until you study Christianity and it's roots and get away from blind faith, you really don't have a debate with me. Other than that, "christians" make me dislike "religion" more than anything else. When you think you are up to a good debate on Christianity, without blind faith, on a theological level, start a thread.

Ps: If I am any kind of "christian" these days, it is a Bono type Christian.
What kind of Christian demands that American taxpayers provide relief from poverty around the world and then moves his company out of Ireland to avoid paying his own large tax bill? It has been said before but it bears repeating...

The problem with liberalism is that you soon run out of other people's money.

Bono is a hypocrite of the first order.