Poll: Harry Potter Or Twilight
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harry Potter! DUH
75.00%
Twilight!
25.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harry Potter Series Or Twilight Saga?
Harry Potter No Doubt. Love the books And Movies. you?
NEITHER! Both are ummm funny.
Potter series. We could get into the numbers and all of that, but Twilight appeals only to girls and usually pre-teen to teen girls. The Potter series was embraced by several generations of both genders.

I'm not saying that Twilight doesn't have older fans or male fans, but it's just usually the 13-15 year old girl screaming her lungs out because "Edward is just sooo hottt, OMG!" that gets associated (and is most representative) with Twilight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have wathced most of the Potter movies with my daughter. Have not seen the Twilight movies
Harry Potter for sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Twilight! I was a fan way before the movie was ever thought about.
Potter all the way
If you read the books its twilight... but and I say but....twilight cannot be compared to the potter series....cant wait for new moon!
ComfortEagle Wrote:Potter series. We could get into the numbers and all of that, but Twilight appeals only to girls and usually pre-teen to teen girls. The Potter series was embraced by several generations of both genders.

I'm not saying that Twilight doesn't have older fans or male fans, but it's just usually the 13-15 year old girl screaming her lungs out because "Edward is just sooo hottt, OMG!" that gets associated (and is most representative) with Twilight.

I watched the first Twilight movie with my wife and daughter after it came out on DVD and really enjoyed it.
My gf just got to watch Twilight the other day and it was alright. Pretty boring really. Mostly Edward and Bella making just looking at each other.

As for the Potter series, I really enjoy them.
i can not stand the twilight junk i thought vampires could not be in the light and how can a vampire get a human pregnant
Harry Potter

I HATE all that Twilight BS.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Harry Potter
Harry potter has more action and special effects in it and twilight is just a stare fest between that one guy and that one chick
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Harry potter has more action and special effects in it and twilight is just a stare fest between that one guy and that one chick

:Thumbs:
Ive read both series and watched all the Harry Potters and the Twilight. I thought the Harry Potter series was some of the best books ive ever read, but i did really enjoy twilight too. Unless New Moon improves drastically from Twilight, Harry Potter hands down in the movies too
Neither.
i hate the twilight series with a burning passion
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt3FJzOJeOY"]YouTube- 30 Ways to Know You're Obsessed with Twilight- WARNING: SPOILERS![/ame]

hope everybody enjoy's
about 20 or 21 of these applies to my girlfriend
Harry Potter without a doubt.
As far as the movies go it's Harry potter. But I haven't read those books yet. I did however enjoy the twilight books. I think the botched the movie though. It's like they aimed just for Tweens. However I hope that by the time they get to the third book it will be more like the book. With some adult content. But it's hollywood. They will screw it up
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:As far as the movies go it's Harry potter. But I haven't read those books yet. I did however enjoy the twilight books. I think the botched the movie though. It's like they aimed just for Tweens. However I hope that by the time they get to the third book it will be more like the book. With some adult content. But it's hollywood. They will screw it up
You wouldnt care to just go on and tell me what all happens in New Moon and the one after that would you? I mean I want to know what happens but I def don't want to have to watch that crap again.
Lets go potter where is that new movie
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I haven't finished the whole series of either but Harry Potter seems to be well written whereas Twilight just tugged on the heartstrings basically. I read Twilight before the craze even thought about starting and it was a good book in its own right but not nearly the sort of taking you to a different world like the Harry Potter series did. Haven't watched the Twilight movies or a lot of the HP ones either but HP movies seem to have a lot cooler special effects. Maybe I shouldn't weigh in at all considering that I've not finished or really got into either of them but from what I do know, HP gets my vote. I don't see the Twilight series getting the fanbase that Harry Potter did either.
thetribe Wrote:I haven't finished the whole series of either but Harry Potter seems to be well written whereas Twilight just tugged on the heartstrings basically. I read Twilight before the craze even thought about starting and it was a good book in its own right but not nearly the sort of taking you to a different world like the Harry Potter series did. Haven't watched the Twilight movies or a lot of the HP ones either but HP movies seem to have a lot cooler special effects. Maybe I shouldn't weigh in at all considering that I've not finished or really got into either of them but from what I do know, HP gets my vote. I don't see the Twilight series getting the fanbase that Harry Potter did either.

There fanbase is nothing but teenage girls.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Neither.

+1
Wildcatk23 Wrote:There fanbase is nothing but teenage girls.

lol. I'm neither a girl or a teen lol.

With that said New Moon was actually the worst book of the four. Funny at time. But overly depressing. But after that they actually got pretty good with some suspense, some legend, and finally some action.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
I think Harry Potter is fairly entertaining. Twilight, not so much.

I will say it appeals to a lot more than just teen-aged girls.

I know most of the girls in my class, thats all they talk about and they range from 22-45. Most of the women at the hospitals I do my clinicals......its all they talk about.
Im kinda embarrased to say this but im a 22 year old male that is completely obsessed with twilight. I havnt read or seen the Harry Potter movies and books but I have read all 4 Twilight books twice and getting ready to start on a 3rd round and have seen both movies and counting down to Eclipse in June 2010. :eyeroll: