Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. 26 Wayne Co. 0
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Well....it's 1 of 2 things........

either Wayne is that good......or ........everybody else is that mediocre.

At this point.....I'll side with the latter.

Breathitt, Belfry, Mason, Sheldon Clark, Somerset, PCC......there's not a real good team in the whole bunch.

All of em' are just slightly north of average......and IMO, that's not going to cut against Central.

It's really depressing.
:Thumbs: I totally agree with this..
Twitter: @tc_analytics

You can't really compare this game and Somerset's game with Wayne, it was about 20 degrees colder, raining, and at Wayne Co. when Somerset played them.
RoShamBo Wrote:You can't really compare this game and Somerset's game with Wayne, it was about 20 degrees colder, raining, and at Wayne Co. when Somerset played them.
so now i guess we are gonna blame mother nature when breathitt goes to state. it doesnt matter if it is rain sleet or snow. 100 degree's 50 or -10 you have to play the game to your fullest no matter what. and i really doubt it was 18 degree's when somerset played wayne because breathitt played them in the mid to upper 30's
Breathitt County concerns me more than anyone else in the east side of 3A. I think they will be a force to be reconned with in the playoffs and I expect them to beat Somerset and be there in the semifinals waiting for whoever wins out in R4.

Region 4 has its share of competitive games ahead and there are 4 or 5 teams left who could win it if the ball bounces their way. And whoever it is, I think they will have their hands full with the Bobcats, especially considering the semifinal game will be hosted by the R3 winner.
Actually it was in the mid to upper 30's and raining when Somerset played Wayne. It was clear and mid to low 50's last weekend when Breathitt played them. But I guess you are right and there was absolutely no logic in what I said.

The only point I was trying to make is that if you were not at the Somerset-Wayne and Breathitt-Wayne games then you can't really compare the teams based on the score because it was completely different scenarios. I realize that everyone has to play in the weather but just because you have to play in it doesn't mean that you should be expected to excel in poor weather conditions.