Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 41 - Rowan County 21
STATE CHAMP Wrote:Yes, you are right Rowan has never done anything. But, the new staff has changed the culture in Morehead. They BELIEVE the team can win now. The Rock game was the 1st playoff game hosted in Morehead in 25 years. This is also the 1st winning season since 1998. The head coach ShaDon Brown is from Danville and has a winning pedigree. He will keep the program going up from here. They started 4 seniors on offense and 5 on defense they have all their skill kids returning including Cross, Wing, and Hodge. Great year and turn around from 4-7 to a 7-4 season. ROCK great season but you all will be watching the state title game just like we will be doing at Rowan. Our 7-4 will look better than your 5-7 because Bell will beat you down next week just like they always do.:Clap:

Changed the culture? How so? By softening the schedule? Look at the combined record for the teams Rowan beat. Something like 26-53. No signature wins. Less than 40 kids in the program. Long way to go there. They have improved, but I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid about culture changes and all that.
STATE CHAMP Wrote:Our 7-4 will look better than your 5-7 because Bell will beat you down next week just like they always do.:Clap:

You are right, in Rockcastle county we are upset about the probability of a losing season. BUT, we can hang our hat on a trip to the second round of the playoffs. We can hang our hat on playing a tough schedule to prepare this young team for next season. That tough schedule had the Rockets ready for a long drive to Morehead to defeat a higher seeded team like a drum.

6 of Rockcastle's opponents are STILL in the playoffs and 10 of their opponents MADE the playoffs. It is very likely that either Boyle or Bell will win the State title. Rock has played both AWAY from home. Friday will be the 6th game ON THE ROAD against a team that is STILL in the playoffs!:yikes:

That schedule will prepare players like Rowe, the Saylor brothers, Lakes, Reams, Allen, Bradley, the Thomason brothers, etc... to be prepared for next year!

Think about this: Rowe has 2056 yards and 27 total TD's in his SOPHOMORE season! Think how much better he can get! We may be watching the State Title game, but Rock players, coaches and fans, have to watch it thinking about possibilities.
Rowan dropped Paris an added Garrard Co (Death Valley Bowl). They also dropped Sheldon Clark an added Mason County. Everybody other team on the schedule is the same from 2008. So, I don't think they softened the schedule any. Check the combined records of Paris and Sheldon Clark vs. Mason and Garrard. I think Mason is 11-0 and ranked in the top 5 in 3A. :biggrin: Rowan has improved tremendously so let it go... and good luck at the Hilton Hotel.
Nice dancing there...I said WINS! Mason, Garrard (4-6 last time I looked), and Lawrence all beat Rowan; other than Fleming everybody else had a losing record. Sheldon Clark is 7-4 and beat Rowan last year. Pretty good trade picking up Garrard...but they beat Rowan too. Although Rowan has improved (I said that in my previous post), all the talk about culture change is premature. Beat somebody and then you can talk. I like Rowan; but the fact is they are still rebuilding, and beating a bunch of terrible football teams looks good on paper but it doesn't make you anything but a pretender.
Greenup County had them beat and gave the game away, on a fourth and twenty, halfback pass play, need to make their schedule tougher next season. And keep the momenteum going on next season.:biggrin: