Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe Bryant Becomes Youngest Player to Score 24,000 Career Points
Lakers guard Kobe Bryant reached another milestone on Friday, becoming the youngest player to score 24,000 career points.

Youngest to 24,000 Points NBA History

Player Years-Days

Kobe Bryant 31-75
Wilt Chamberlain 31-113
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 32-331
Oscar Robertson 33-13
Michael Jordan 33-30

:rockon:
Congrats to Kobe, but how long till Lebron will break that?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Lakers guard Kobe Bryant reached another milestone on Friday, becoming the youngest player to score 24,000 career points.

Youngest to 24,000 Points NBA History

Player Years-Days

Kobe Bryant 31-75
Wilt Chamberlain 31-113
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 32-331
Oscar Robertson 33-13
Michael Jordan 33-30

:rockon:

you have to remember that most players go to college so this isnt that impressive of a mile stone.
^ great comment. Kobe got a three, almost a four year (age wise) leg-up on all the guys on this list. Jordan did it after coming out after his Junior year.
I'm sure if LeBron would have done the same you guys wouldn't have brought up those facts.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm sure if LeBron would have done the same you guys wouldn't have brought up those facts.

Lol, If lebron would have done it i would bring up more facts why its not a big deal.
Sounds like his stats should have an asterisk next to them. Along with LeBron's. I wonder howcome we never hear this form the sports analysts.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm sure if LeBron would have done the same you guys wouldn't have brought up those facts.

Umm, their facts!!!!
He is the man I will give him that but in my opinion he is a ball hog thats why Lebron will be the youngest to reach 24,000 points
Wildcatk23 Wrote:you have to remember that most players go to college so this isnt that impressive of a mile stone.

Thats a good point! When you take that into consideration it really doesn't mean that much. I'm sorry but im not impressed.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:He is the man I will give him that but in my opinion he is a ball hog thats why Lebron will be the youngest to reach 24,000 points

:please: He takes no more shots in a game than Jordan, James, Chamberlin, etc.

Stardust Wrote:Umm, their facts!!!!

Isn't that what I said in my post?Confusedhh:

leecoukfan Wrote:Thats a good point! When you take that into consideration it really doesn't mean that much. I'm sorry but im not impressed.

He scored a career total of 24,000 points against the best basketball players in the world and its not impressive, please!

Fact is, on this site there are way to many LeBron homers.
^You do realize he had an extra 3 to 4 years to get to that point right? What im saying is that its not as impressive as the other people that did it that are on that list. If you subtract the first 3 to 4 years of his career then wait till he reaches 24,000 points i guarantee he doesn't crack the top 5 and maybe not even the top 10 or even lower than that.
BlackcatAlum Wrote::please: He takes no more shots in a game than Jordan, James, Chamberlin, etc.

Isn't that what I said in my post?Confusedhh:

He scored a career total of 24,000 points against the best basketball players in the world and its not impressive, please!

Fact is, on this site there are way to many LeBron homers.

If u think i like lebron james then you havent read any of post post.
2nd! Allen Iverson Also reached 24,000 points this year. Hear anything about it?

Its a great mile stone for kobe no doubt. But its not impressive when u look if would have went to college.
It is impressive no matter if he went to college or not.. But Kobe is most definitely a ball hog and is not worried about his team.. The only reason he cares about a championship is because it makes him look good.. He is not even close to the player Jordan was, and won't ever be. But still, 24,000 points is impressive.
runninrebs21 Wrote:It is impressive no matter if he went to college or not.. But Kobe is most definitely a ball hog and is not worried about his team.. The only reason he cares about a championship is because it makes him look good.. He is not even close to the player Jordan was, and won't ever be. But still, 24,000 points is impressive.

I'm not being biased at all when I say this, but Kobe is not the ball hog everyone may think he is. He is the best player on his team and of course he is going to take most of the shots. Same as all the other great on their teams. They take the most shots a game.

I did some research and found some career totals. Kobe averaged 19 shots per game while Jordan averaged 24 a game, and James averages 21 a game.
Yes but there is a big difference there.. Kobe has an all star team with him! He shouldn't be shooting 19 shots a game! How can you not win a championship when you have Odom, Bynum, Gasol, Fisher, and now Artest. Then he has a few good role players with Brown, Vujacic, and Farmar. Kobe never passes the ball unless he has to, or if he thinks he can make a espn top 10 play pass. That is it. Otherwise, he shoots it even if 3 ppl are on him. Don't get me wrong, he is the 2nd best player in the NBA, but he shoots way too much. And D Wade and Melo are almost as good as Kobe IMO.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Yes but there is a big difference there.. Kobe has an all star team with him! He shouldn't be shooting 19 shots a game! How can you not win a championship when you have Odom, Bynum, Gasol, Fisher, and now Artest. Then he has a few good role players with Brown, Vujacic, and Farmar. Kobe never passes the ball unless he has to, or if he thinks he can make a espn top 10 play pass. That is it. Otherwise, he shoots it even if 3 ppl are on him. Don't get me wrong, he is the 2nd best player in the NBA, but he shoots way too much. And D Wade and Melo are almost as good as Kobe IMO.

I just don't look at it that way. I know he plays on a better team than D-Wade, LeBron, Melo, etc. But he makes plays for himself and his teammates although he doesn't distribute the ball as much as some would like him to.

You can make an argument that D-Wade is nearly as good as Kobe, but not Melo.
I would rather have Melo than Wade.. I would rather have Melo than Kobe just because of Kobe's attitude. I can't stand watching him because he whines about EVERY call. He should pass more because they are more successful when he scores around 20-25 and other people actually touch the ball. When he scores his 40-50 points, most of the time it is a close game.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I would rather have Melo than Wade.. I would rather have Melo than Kobe just because of Kobe's attitude. I can't stand watching him because he whines about EVERY call. He should pass more because they are more successful when he scores around 20-25 and other people actually touch the ball. When he scores his 40-50 points, most of the time it is a close game.

Same can be said about LeBron James too.
Lebron should have around 15,750 or so. after this season is over.

In 7 seasons.(this season making 7)

Kobe has scored 24,000 in 13 or 14?
uhavenoidea Wrote:Lebron should have around 15,750 or so. after this season is over.

In 7 seasons.(this season making 7)

Kobe has scored 24,000 in 13 or 14?

This would be his 13th, yes.
Therefore it shows.. LeBron is going to shatter all of kobe's scoring records and youngest records, and he shoots a lot less... I agree the Cavs play better when LeBron scores 20-25 and the rest contribute.. LeBron tries to do that every game. Kobe never does. LeBron is mostly a pass first player.. Kobe is a shoot 1st.. shoot 2nd.. shoot 3rd.. shoot 4th.. dribble a little more 5th.. shoot 6th.. shoot 7th.. call timeout 8th.. shoot 9th.. then pass 10th. haha
runninrebs21 Wrote:Therefore it shows.. LeBron is going to shatter all of kobe's scoring records and youngest records, and he shoots a lot less... I agree the Cavs play better when LeBron scores 20-25 and the rest contribute.. LeBron tries to do that every game. Kobe never does. LeBron is mostly a pass first player.. Kobe is a shoot 1st.. shoot 2nd.. shoot 3rd.. shoot 4th.. dribble a little more 5th.. shoot 6th.. shoot 7th.. call timeout 8th.. shoot 9th.. then pass 10th. haha

I respect your opinion, but I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
I guess so, because I doubt there is anything that will make me believe that Kobe is or ever will be a team player.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This would be his 13th, yes.

Actually it's his 14th season.

*per NBA.com
In my opion and I'm not knocking Kobe or Lebran but neither could and never will be the player Jordan was. He along with Bill Russell was the greatest winner's ever. Jordan would will his team to victory. And let's think about he not only went 3 yrs. to college but also lost 5 yrs. in his prime to retirements. If he had went from highschool to pro's and hadn't retire them 2 times he could maybe had 45,000 pts. In the 14 yrs he played he scored almost 33,000 pts. So let's compare Kobe and Lebran and not try to put them in the same class with the greatest ever.:Thumbs: