Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UT football players arrested
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/69846712.html

Three University of Tennessee football players are now facing charges of armed robbery.

A member of the UT Sports Information Department confirmed to WKYT's sister station, WVLT in Knoxville, that Nu'Keese Richardson, Janzen Jackson and Michael Edwards were arrested about 2 a.m. Thursday.

The incident happened at the Pilot convenience store on Cumberland Avenue.

Police say the men were armed with a small semi automatic pellet gun and robbed a person in the parking lot.

Police arrested them a few minutes later.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Where is HarlanBloodyVol because this is toooooooooooooo good to make up?

Reports are that they robbed an ON-CAMPUS gas station, they WERE NOT WEARING MASKS, and one player even HAD A UT SHIRT ON.

Apparently the attendent recognized who they were immediately and called the cops.

Glad to see Kiffin is keeping some of Fulmer's Traditions alive!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHA Their get-a-way car was a Prius!
Pellet gun found in the car, haha, these are some hardcore thugs man!!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Where is HarlanBloodyVol because this is toooooooooooooo good to make up.

Reports are that they robbed an ON-CAMPUS, they WERE NOT WEARING MASKS, and one player even HAD A UT SHIRT ON.

Apparently the attendent recognized who they were immediately and called the cops.

Glad to see Kiffin is keeping some of Fulmer's Traditions alive!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HAHA.. I wouldn't believe this story if someone did make it up. IDIOTS! Its hard to believe that 18 year olds would do something like this and totally ruin their chances of playing somewhere like UT. If guilty, which I mean come on, they're done. Thats the difference in Kiffin and Fulmer. He will cut these guys, while Fulmer would've allowed them to stay. I'm disappointed because Jackson is a beast, but oh well. I know the folks over on the UT sites are absolutely trashing these fools. In the end, 3 more scholarships open for someone who obviously deserves it more than those 3 clowns.
ComfortEagle Wrote:http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/69846712.html

Three University of Tennessee football players are now facing charges of armed robbery.

A member of the UT Sports Information Department confirmed to WKYT's sister station, WVLT in Knoxville, that Nu'Keese Richardson, Janzen Jackson and Michael Edwards were arrested about 2 a.m. Thursday.

The incident happened at the Pilot convenience store on Cumberland Avenue.

Police say the men were armed with a small semi automatic pellet gun and robbed a person in the parking lot.

Police arrested them a few minutes later.

:lmao: LMFAO, this is great, LOVE IT.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
lol
Isnt that why they wear orange anyway? Play ball on Saturday, and pick up trash on Sunday?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Pellet gun found in the car, haha, these are some hardcore thugs man!!!

LOL, Gangstas
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:HAHA.. I wouldn't believe this story if someone did make it up. IDIOTS! Its hard to believe that 18 year olds would do something like this and totally ruin their chances of playing somewhere like UT. If guilty, which I mean come on, they're done. Thats the difference in Kiffin and Fulmer. He will cut these guys, while Fulmer would've allowed them to stay. I'm disappointed because Jackson is a beast, but oh well. I know the folks over on the UT sites are absolutely trashing these fools. In the end, 3 more scholarships open for someone who obviously deserves it more than those 3 clowns.

Sorry Vol's fan's. No more scholarships.
I wonder if kiffin will blame the refs
Maid of the Mts. Wrote:Sorry Vol's fan's. No more scholarships.

I meant in the future.. We'll fill our allotment of scholarships available in the upcoming recruiting class and these will be filled when allowed to. I would expect a press conference very soon addressing that atleast 2 of the 3 players are dismissed from the team. The third, might take some time to sort out because they're not sure about the extent of his involvement because only two were actually attempting the robbery. In my opinion all 3 should be dismissed. Everyone else in the nation will get a laugh out of it and by the weekend it'll be back to football.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:I meant in the future.. We'll fill our allotment of scholarships available in the upcoming recruiting class and these will be filled when allowed to. I would expect a press conference very soon addressing that atleast 2 of the 3 players are dismissed from the team. The third, might take some time to sort out because they're not sure about the extent of his involvement because only two were actually attempting the robbery. In my opinion all 3 should be dismissed. Everyone else in the nation will get a laugh out of it and by the weekend it'll be back to football.

Sort of funny that the starting DB who was already been dubbed as Berry's heir apparent may have charges dropped on a technicality huh?:eyeroll:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Sort of funny that the starting DB who was already been dubbed as Berry's heir apparent may have charges dropped on a technicality huh?:eyeroll:

Yeah, seems to happen all of the time anymore. The better player seems to usually find a way out while the others get most of the blame. I'm against it. Jackson has been in a little trouble before and it just seems that he finds ways to get there. He's becoming a headache and is only a freshman. Even if he's not dismissed, I don't see him playing anymore this season. I guess we shall see what happens.
Where these starters?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Where these starters?

Jackson had been starting until last weekend. Richardson was not a starter but was a KR and saw plenty of time as a backup. The other kid didnt see the field much and may have been redshirting actually.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Where these starters?

Jackson is a starting safety, who we played without last weekend due to punishment for another situation. Richardson is a starting kick returner, plays receiver and is lined up at QB for a few plays here and there. Rumor was that he had been unhappy being away from home and with not getting a lot of playing time. Edwards starts on special teams and has played at defensive back as a reserve in a few games. Two of the three were already becoming drama queens.

The last update I heard was that Edwards, who was directly involved is out on bond. Jackson, not directly involved, but was there, is out on his own recognizance. Apparently Richardson, directly involved, is still locked up.
:Clap:
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Jackson is a starting safety, who we played without last weekend due to punishment for another situation. Richardson is a starting kick returner, plays receiver and is lined up at QB for a few plays here and there. Rumor was that he had been unhappy being away from home and with not getting a lot of playing time. Edwards starts on special teams and has played at defensive back as a reserve in a few games. Two of the three were already becoming drama queens.

The last update I heard was that Edwards, who was directly involved is out on bond. Jackson, not directly involved, but was there, is out on his own recognizance. Apparently Richardson, directly involved, is still locked up.

In other words...I think we know who had the gun in their hand.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:In other words...I think we know who had the gun in their hand.

I think you may be right my friend. That, or his family lives in Florida and no one else wants to get his sorry *** out of jail.
lol i am not even going to comment that win against UT is looking better and better
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:lol i am not even going to comment that win against UT is looking better and better

I hate to break the news to you, but all this could do is possibly move Eric Berry back to his normal position, rather than playing different positions closer to the line of scrimmage, which we did more of in last weeks game because Jackson was out. Even if we don't go that route, we have more depth at defensive back than maybe any position on the team. The other two players are pretty much a wash, since they didn't contribute very much. The only question I have is if they are as focused as they need to be for the Ole Miss game.
but anytime you have drama you have conflict it is on peoples minds it just dosent make for good chemistry
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:but anytime you have drama you have conflict it is on peoples minds it just dosent make for good chemistry

Thats very true.. It'll be interesting to see how they respond.
In the short term I dont this hurting UT, in fact it may give them something to rally around as a team. UT's defense is their life blood and Jackson can be easily replaced. In terms of over the long haul it is pretty evident all three had potential to be big time players for UT.
you cant keep these kids on a leash,but they should know better.the lane kiffin era has begun,lets see if he trades integrity for playing time.remember al davis said he would ruin u t in just a few years?
Alabama fans everywhere are sending their heartfelt condolences to the University of Tennessee football team and its fans Big Grin Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
big blu 2 u Wrote:you cant keep these kids on a leash,but they should know better.the lane kiffin era has begun,lets see if he trades integrity for playing time.remember al davis said he would ruin u t in just a few years?

I'm anxious to see how he handles it.. He's preached about discipline all year and has been proud of having no arrests or anything of that nature, well up until now. Seems as if everyone is keeping quiet about any details and Kiffin didn't really say anything more than what the AD said earlier in the day. Punishment could end up coming from above Kiffin anyway, these guys are STUDENTS at the university before they are athletes.

On a side note, I wouldn't buy too much into anything Al Davis says. He's been trying to cover up the fact that he's a horrible owner for years.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:I'm anxious to see how he handles it.. He's preached about discipline all year and has been proud of having no arrests or anything of that nature, well up until now. Seems as if everyone is keeping quiet about any details and Kiffin didn't really say anything more than what the AD said earlier in the day. Punishment could end up coming from above Kiffin anyway, these guys are STUDENTS at the university before they are athletes.

On a side note, I wouldn't buy too much into anything Al Davis says. He's been trying to cover up the fact that he's a horrible owner for years.

Raiders Right? Horrible.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I wonder if kiffin will blame the refs

:lmao:That's a good one Wildcat.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH