Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BCI Super Showcase
Does anyone know anything about Team Elliott or Lee County in the 12U division?
Team Elliott is pretty good and have a good big man
How big is he? Our big is 6' 4". Is he really agressive.
dozerdawg707 Wrote:How big is he? Our big is 6' 4". Is he really agressive.

How can you play 12u with 2 7th graders on your team?
You are allowed 3 as long as they are 12 by the state cut off date.
dozerdawg707 Wrote:You are allowed 3 as long as they are 12 by the state cut off date.

Not aau you have to be in the 5th or 6th grade to play this tournament so were did you get this rule:please:
I know that is the AAU rule but it is not the rule at the BCI. They go by age only there based on the AAU deadline for age.
So you could be a 8th grader an play in 11 ad 12 year old or 5th and the grade right
dozerdawg707 Wrote:I know that is the AAU rule but it is not the rule at the BCI. They go by age only there based on the AAU deadline for age.

This is why Bci is in the shape it is in. There is no rules, only about money.
Not sure about what the rule is concerning 8th graders. I know in AAU it does matter but I don't know the BCI rule. I would assume that 8th graders would not be allowed to play even with the correct age only because there is only 3 7th graders allowed to play. My feelings are very simple. I believe if you are the right age, no matter what grade you are in, then grade should not matter.
From the current online AAU Boys' Basketball Handbook:

d. Age Determination/Grade Exception Rule
September 1, 2010 shall be the determining date for the age of the competitor for
all districts and national championship events. Eligibility to participate is based
first on the age determining date. The grade of the athlete is not a consideration if
the athlete meets the age determining date. An athlete who does not meet the age
determining date may qualify under the grade exception rule. In the 8U/2nd Grade
through the 14U/8th Grade division, each team is allowed a maximum of three
(3) grade exception athletes. There is no limit on the number of grade exception
athletes in the 15U/9th Grade divisions through the Senior Boys’ division.
(End quote)

For example, Kid Lexington born 9-13-96 is 13 in fact until 9-13 this year and 13 all year for AAU purposes. Yesterday he played for his 8th grade/ 14U school aau team, but today can play for a 7th grade/13u team because grade does not matter if you meet the age. However he cannot play for a 6th/12u team although a 6th grader the same age could do so as a grade exception. Grade exceptions can only be one year older than age level in elementary/middle school, not sure about hs. What BCI does, we dunno.

Yesterday's tournament, BTW, was the Scott Co 8th/14u where Lexington Catholic championed over Scott Co, Clark Co, and 5 others. I am a new member and cannot start a thread yet, but if anyone starts one we'd be excited to give details.
Anything at the Sportsplex is questionable at best.

Case in point, our 5/6th grade team(12 year olds) played Elkhorn City's 8th grade team for next year...............
Pikeville won the tournament.
They beat Team Elliot by 20.
They beat Lawrence by 4 or 6.
They beat Clay Co. by 8.(championship)
Congrats to Pikeville, they played really well today. They deserved to win it.
Lawrence has a great team.
I don't know who #2 is but he can play!
He is a very good player. His name is Austin Chaffin.
I also want to send a shout out to Johns Creek. They have a team that is just getting started. They are mostly 5th graders. If they stay together they have the makings of a good team.